Woo vs Soriano GT 5/31

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: Woo vs Soriano GT 5/31

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:35 pm

As much as I complain about Ty France that was a nice Mariner moment for him.
Fingers crossed this a hitting streak we desperately need from him.
This team needs at least one HOT bat right now with Julio and Cal struggling and the Mitches for Christ sake!

I do love the little bat flip on the home run too. A little animous might still linger from the Winker/Angels brooohaha. :D

Just get a us a real BAT Jerry. Bo Bichette would be nice but I'd be shocked because he's doing well and would cost too much.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:53 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:35 pm
As much as I complain about Ty France that was a nice Mariner moment for him.
Fingers crossed this a hitting streak we desperately need from him.
This team needs at least one HOT bat right now with Julio and Cal struggling and the Mitches for Christ sake!

I do love the little bat flip on the home run too. A little animous might still linger from the Winker/Angels brooohaha. :D

Just get a us a real BAT Jerry. Bo Bichette would be nice but I'd be shocked because he's doing well and would cost too much.
Uhh he has barely been better than Polanco...
Screenshot 2024-06-01 9.51.43 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-01 9.51.43 AM.png (91.04 KiB) Viewed 110 times
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jun 01, 2024 1:56 pm

Kirby makiing adjustments
George Kirby’s ability to locate is his greatest strength on the mound, but the Seattle Mariners starter’s propensity for always pitching aggressively in and around the strike zone has at times been his greatest flaw.

The hard-throwing Kirby made an adjustment Wednesday night against the Houston Astros. He went to his offspeed pitches early and often, and it paid off with bounce-back performance that helped key a 2-1 victory.

After allowing five runs over six innings in each of his past two starts and four or more runs in three of his past four, Kirby held Houston’s potent offense to just one run on six hits and no walks with eight strikeouts.

“George is fantastic. I can’t say enough,” manager Scott Servais said postgame Wednesday. “I thought tonight he mixed his pitches early in the game, got right into the offspeed pitches – which you need to do against a really good team, (a) good fastball-hitting team like the Astros have – and just executed great.”

Kirby relied heavily on his slider, throwing it a game-high 30 times and collecting seven of his eight strikeouts with the pitch. A subtle adjustment on the mound helped him locate the slider in better spots.

“I’m always trying to make the perfect pitch, and I feel like that hurts me sometimes,” Kirby said. “I kind of shifted over on the rubber today to the right side, and that really made a difference I thought with the slider, starting it more on the plate and having to go off from there

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:32 pm

dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:44 pm

DJust get a us a real BAT Jerry. Bo Bichette would be nice but I'd be shocked because he's doing well and would cost too much.
Bo has been struggling this year. He’s not a bad player, per se. It’s just that we need a jolt right now - we need to trade for someone with a smoking bat to get our offense going. Hitting is contagious and all that. Beyond that, where would he play? They aren’t moving JP, and Polanco has another year in his contract. Are you thinking 3B?

Here’s an article on Bo, and a trade proposal which is a flat Bichette for Colt Emerson.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... 4.amp.html

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:56 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:44 pm

DJust get a us a real BAT Jerry. Bo Bichette would be nice but I'd be shocked because he's doing well and would cost too much.
Bo has been struggling this year. He’s not a bad player, per se. It’s just that we need a jolt right now - we need to trade for someone with a smoking bat to get our offense going. Hitting is contagious and all that. Beyond that, where would he play? They aren’t moving JP, and Polanco has another year in his contract. Are you thinking 3B?

Here’s an article on Bo, and a trade proposal which is a flat Bichette for Colt Emerson.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/ ... 4.amp.html
Isn’t Polanco other year a team option?

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:44 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:56 pm
Isn’t Polanco other year a team option?
Yes, you’re right. For something like $12MM

Bo has one more year before he’s a FA. He’s earning $12MM and is owed $17MM next year.

Based on what he’s doing right now, I’m not sure he’s worth it. But he’s a career .295 guy, so maybe you go for it and hope he heats up?