Trade Targets thread

Vogelbomb

Re: Trade Targets thread

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:37 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:58 am
Sorry but that is just fucking ridiculous strategy for the only team in baseball that hasn't been to a WS in almost a half century...And like I predicted Bliss can't hit MLB pitching. 1-11 so far and it won't get much better.
Nice eval on 15 PAs. He's reached base 5x in those 15 PAs btw. Let's see what he does over 100 PAs before we make any judgements.

I really don't think anything outside of the org needs to be done to help the offense. All of the necessary pieces are in house. This team needs Julio to slug, it needs France and Raleigh to be more consistent with AVG and SLG, it obviously needs JP to get back to 23 form and it needs to keep getting what it is from Raley.

From there if Canzone and Garver stay below .200, you sit them and play Haniger and Polanco or call up Locklear for DH ABs.

I want to bolster the pen. They've got Munoz, Stanek, Voth and a lot of garbage down there now that Speier is banged up. Fix that pen.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:37 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:43 am
Trades I'd like to see:

M's trade Tai Peete, Jonatan Clase, Michael Morales and Jeter Martinez to the A's for Brent Rooker.

M's trade Ty France, Michael Arroyo, Emerson Hancock to Diamondbacks for Christian Walker.

M's trade Troy Taylor, Taylor Dollard, Alberto Rodriguez to the Marlins for Tanner Scott.

M's trade Jorge Polanco and cash to the Dodgers for RHP Jesus Tillero.

M's trade Mitch Garver, Ben Williamson, and cash to the Mets for RHP Adam Ottavino (bad contract swap, adds some low leverage BP depth for the M's).

1. JP Crawford SS
2. Josh Rojas 3B
3. Julio Rodriguez CF
4. Brent Rooker LF
5. Christian Walker 1B/DH
6. Brooks Raley RF
7. Cal Raleigh C
8. Tyler Locklear 1B/DH
9. Dylan Moore 2B
I'd be all over the Rooker and Scott trades.
Over the last 30 games, Walker has only been a bit better than Ty. Coming to T-Mobile will no doubt close that gap a little further. That's not enough of an upgrade for me to give up Hancock and Arroyo.
The other two trades don't seem like very realistic scenarios to me.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:42 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:37 pm
D-train wrote:
Sorry but that is just fucking ridiculous strategy for the only team in baseball that hasn't been to a WS in almost a half century...And like I predicted Bliss can't hit MLB pitching. 1-11 so far and it won't get much better.
Nice eval on 15 PAs. He's reached base 5x in those 15 PAs btw. Let's see what he does over 100 PAs before we make any judgements.

I really don't think anything outside of the org needs to be done to help the offense. All of the necessary pieces are in house. This team needs Julio to slug, it needs France and Raleigh to be more consistent with AVG and SLG, it obviously needs JP to get back to 23 form and it needs to keep getting what it is from Raley.

From there if Canzone and Garver stay below .200, you sit them and play Haniger and Polanco or call up Locklear for DH ABs.

I want to bolster the pen. They've got Munoz, Stanek, Voth and a lot of garbage down there now that Speier is banged up. Fix that pen.
Bruh... all the necessary pieces in house have led to being 26th in runs scored...

Sure, multiple players might turn it around... that would be great. But it would be absolutely negligent to not add to that. Even if we were 15th in run scored, the team should still be looking at bats.

Houston is no. 3 in BA, no. 6 in OPS... all anyone can talk about is cutting Abreu and adding a 1B.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:51 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:37 pm
D-train wrote:

I am not basing it on his 15 PAs. I am basing it on his meh performance in the most hitter friendly League on the planet.

Of course that can bolster the offense AND bolster the pen. Hoping Santos is back in July and helps the situation.
dt

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:31 am

I know they can do both, I don't think they NEED to do both.

What they need is for Julio, Cal, JP and France to PICK IT UP!

I mean unless they are going to move Haniger, Canzone and France (or some combination therein) while adding to the offense, I guarantee you it's just going to end up with more platooning and guys getting 3-4 starts per week. That means a lot of down time and I bet it limits each players' ability to get into any kind of rhythm. Servais sucks and managing his team. Guys are constantly in and out of the lineup, up and down. That's not helpful.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:16 am

Bats I'd target:

-Paredes

-Kyle Tucker

-Brent Rooker

Arms I'd go with Scott no doubt. Always a little nervous about making trades within division.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:35 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:31 am
I know they can do both, I don't think they NEED to do both.

What they need is for Julio, Cal, JP and France to PICK IT UP!

I mean unless they are going to move Haniger, Canzone and France (or some combination therein) while adding to the offense, I guarantee you it's just going to end up with more platooning and guys getting 3-4 starts per week. That means a lot of down time and I bet it limits each players' ability to get into any kind of rhythm. Servais sucks and managing his team. Guys are constantly in and out of the lineup, up and down. That's not helpful.
Totally agree with that about platoons and lineups. Need to hope guys start getting closer to their career numbers but need to add at least one big bat in case they don't or only one does...
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 04, 2024 1:22 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:13 pm

How about Tyler O'Neill. .843 OPS and only making $5M. Instead Jerry spent that on Urias. :roll:
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:09 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:06 am
Yeah don't trade any of our abundance of prospects because you want to be sure to win 54% of your games in 2033, your 57th straight season not making the WS. Holy shit. Twilight Zone.
just saw this, hadnt done the math before - this has gotta be our year baby !!!!