Re: Jude's Robert trade

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:58 pm

bhofferb wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:05 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:57 pm
DavidGee24 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:35 pm
If Robert was auditioning to be a Mariner, 3-12 in the series with 3 dingers wasn't a bad audition.
And he amazingly proved he can stay healthy for half a week.....
Robert is probably as likely as Haniger staying healthy, and way better. Getting him would give you an outfield of Raey, Julio and Robert. Haniger can be your 4th outfielder, pinch hitter and twice a week DH. Garver can DH and catch a couple days a week. Send Canzone down so he can play every day (and be ready for when Robert or Haniger gets hurt) Robles and Seby can take the summer off. Add another decent reliever or two and things should be in good shape.
Robert has played 327 games since 2020. Haniger has played 340. To put that into Context. Dylan Moore who has been a platoon/bench player has played 353. JP has played 496 games Literally more than a full seasons worth of games more than Robert.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:26 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:58 pm
Robert has played 327 games since 2020. Haniger has played 340. To put that into Context. Dylan Moore who has been a platoon/bench player has played 353. JP has played 496 games Literally more than a full seasons worth of games more than Robert.
Definitely a gamble in acquiring a player like that. Robbie Ray bit us in the ass, we got pretty much one good Marco Gonzalez season out of him and that's it.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:20 pm

Seattle just needs less power swingers. Lets be honest how many power guys do you need in the lineup, 2? 3? I want guys getting on base & maybe swipe a bag. TBH, power is not that important to me. HR are so hard to come by. I'd rather have guys swinging for the gaps not the fences. Too many times it doesn't work out in our favor. Anybody have the stats as to how many HRs have been hit here & how many of those have been the other team vs. us. It's just so damn deflating to watch us get hammered by the worst team in the league because they can't hit a damn fastball. SHORTEN YOUR GD SWING FOR CHRISTSAKE. Like do they guys learn nothing. Their approaches are terrible. Moore struck out what 4x yesterday. Fuckin brutal. It's pretty telling when you lead the league in strikeouts. No fucking excuses.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:20 am

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:20 pm
Seattle just needs less power swingers. Lets be honest how many power guys do you need in the lineup, 2? 3? I want guys getting on base & maybe swipe a bag. TBH, power is not that important to me. HR are so hard to come by. I'd rather have guys swinging for the gaps not the fences. Too many times it doesn't work out in our favor. Anybody have the stats as to how many HRs have been hit here & how many of those have been the other team vs. us. It's just so damn deflating to watch us get hammered by the worst team in the league because they can't hit a damn fastball. SHORTEN YOUR GD SWING FOR CHRISTSAKE. Like do they guys learn nothing. Their approaches are terrible. Moore struck out what 4x yesterday. Fuckin brutal. It's pretty telling when you lead the league in strikeouts. No fucking excuses.
How many Power guys do you think they have? They have no one in the top 75 in Slugging Percentage.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:41 am

Captain 97 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:20 am
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
How many Power guys do you think they have? They have no one in the top 75 in Slugging Percentage.
Not going off stats just in general. Ty got power, Julio, Haniger, Cal definitely. Just because it doesn't show up in the stat sheet doesn't mean they don't have pop. I'm just saying we just need to re-think this whole approach to hitting. All guys wanna do is swing for the fences which results in more K's. You do need guys with pop but you also need guys that can get on consistently. When you lead the league in strikeouts that's pretty indicative of your overall approach at the plate.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:32 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:41 am
Captain 97 wrote:
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Not going off stats just in general. Ty got power, Julio, Haniger, Cal definitely. Just because it doesn't show up in the stat sheet doesn't mean they don't have pop. I'm just saying we just need to re-think this whole approach to hitting. All guys wanna do is swing for the fences which results in more K's. You do need guys with pop but you also need guys that can get on consistently. When you lead the league in strikeouts that's pretty indicative of your overall approach at the plate.
This is nonsense.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:27 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:32 pm
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

This is nonsense.
How else do you explain the high strikeout rates. It's either too many power bats or just lack of discipline at the plate. Either way shits gotta change.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:18 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:27 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
HawkandMariner88 wrote:

This is nonsense.
How else do you explain the high strikeout rates. It's either too many power bats or just lack of discipline at the plate. Either way shits gotta change.
Personally I think they need actual MOTO hitters so these guys don't have to be what they're not (power hitters).

The lack of elite bats at the 3/4 spots in the order is the problem.

The high strikeouts are, imo, because at least half of the bats in our lineup are "good enough" moves that have blocked the addition of better players, but who would not make the roster of any other actual contenders.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:24 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Captain 97 wrote:

This is nonsense.
Consider a more nuanced elaborative retort, Gabe. Thanks.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:40 pm

I’d take Roberts in a hot second. And I don’t really care what the minor league cost would take……we would instantly be a better team