D-train wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:14 pm
desbcoach wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:26 am
Why would Marte be buy low?
I think he is assuming coming off PED suspension
We should probably specify which Marte we are talking about?
Lets answer both.

Ketel Marte is a 3fWAR 4 bWAR player right now making an average of around $15 million the next 4 seasons. He would cost you an arm and a leg given his current production. He's likely not available.

Starling Marte is hitting better than he has in a while, but is 35 years old and owed over $20 million next year. His defense has taken a major hit and the bat has only slightly made up for it. He would cost you almost nothing and is likely very available. The Mets would also have to throw in a lot of cash.

D-train

Re: Trade Targets thread

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:02 pm

Lol I was thinking about the Red
dt

tehmc

Post by tehmc » Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:36 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:50 pm
D-train wrote:
desbcoach wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:36 pm

I think he is assuming coming off PED suspension
Lets answer both.

Ketel Marte is a 3fWAR 4 bWAR player right now making an average of around $15 million the next 4 seasons. He would cost you an arm and a leg given his current production. He's likely not available.

Starling Marte is hitting better than he has in a while, but is 35 years old and owed over $20 million next year. His defense has taken a major hit and the bat has only slightly made up for it. He would cost you almost nothing and is likely very available. The Mets would also have to throw in a lot of cash.
I was thinking Noelvi Marte when I said earlier "I would rather trade for a 3B like Isaac Paredes or a buy low on Noelvi Marte returning from PED suspension" specifically because a PED suspension calls into question his production from last year and could make it a buy low option.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:08 pm

tehmc wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:36 pm
Seattle or Bust wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:50 pm
D-train wrote:

Lets answer both.

I was thinking Noelvi Marte when I said earlier "I would rather trade for a 3B like Isaac Paredes or a buy low on Noelvi Marte returning from PED suspension" specifically because a PED suspension calls into question his production from last year and could make it a buy low option.
It's a good idea. Just too many guys named Marte! lol
dt

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am

Given Jerry’s reluctance to give up top prospects and his desire to pull a rabbit out of a hat I just don’t see him competing with the big dogs for the top talent available trade wise. I will stick with the art of the possible. I think he could get Seawald and JD Martinez without gutting the farm and we might be just good enough

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:41 am

It's getting frustrating watching the NL standings.

There's like 47 teams who just keep alternating between 3-5 games under .500 and right in the WC hunt. The Mets have won 8 of 10 and are now just a few out. The DBacks were 8 or so under, they're now just 3. The Cardinals were 8 games under, now they're at .500...

JUST LOSE SO YOU CAN BECOME SELLERS ALREADY...

I would be surprised if Tampa doesn't sell soon. They're well out of any chance at a WC or division crown and are -87 in run differential. They've gotta be the luckiest 33-38 team of all time.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:38 am

AZOldDawg wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:28 am
Given Jerry’s reluctance to give up top prospects and his desire to pull a rabbit out of a hat I just don’t see him competing with the big dogs for the top talent available trade wise. I will stick with the art of the possible. I think he could get Seawald and JD Martinez without gutting the farm and we might be just good enough
He traded for Louis castillo, he was considered the top pitching target that trade deadline. Dipoto gave up some highly regarded prospects. He's called it the best trade he's ever made, he doesn't regret it, he likes making trades. I could see him making another trade similar to that one this season. He's got the prospects to do it.

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 am

Why is nobody talking about Kyle Tucker right now seriously. What I wouldn't give to have him & either Sewald or Tanner Scott in the bullpen right now.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:59 am

We should trade for Kyle Tucker? That's a trade I'm sure the Astros would be eager to make.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:35 pm

HawkandMariner88 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:13 am
Why is nobody talking about Kyle Tucker right now seriously. What I wouldn't give to have him & either Sewald or Tanner Scott in the bullpen right now.
Probably because the odds of HOU trading him to us are about 0.

We have the type of farm that sure could reset their farm though. Their farm is horrific. I just don't see them giving us the ammunition to win the division and become WS contenders the next 2 years.