Well Do I get lucky,for some runs GT 7/24

Michael K.

Re: Well Do I get lucky,for some runs GT 7/24

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:56 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:08 pm
Hopefully this loss get Servais canned.
He'll probably quit. I would. What would that make? Three or four managers that have flat out walked away from this job because it sucks?

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:21 am

Southpaw773 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:41 pm
When they bring up the kids and they also can’t hit it’s time for new front office staff and scouts.
The problem is thinking the kids are going to help. Jerry needs to quit pinning all of our hopes on some minor leaguer having a couple hot weeks before the opposition figures him out and instead go out and get proven major league bats who are producing NOW. The M’s currently have an elite group of starting pitchers, all of whom are likely counting the days until they can sign with a team that provides some run support. Meanwhile Jerry refuses to trade 18 and 19 y.o. prospects who, if they do pan out, won’t be arriving until our elite pitchers have departed via free agency. To me, NO ONE in the minor league system should be untouchable, and as many as necessary should be dealt for hitters and relievers who will help the M’s NOW. No one should give a shit about how our farm system is ranked, and even less about whether or not we win 54% of the time. If Jerry and Co can’t figure this out then it’s time for them to go. Make some damn deals for proven MLB talent and start trying to win now.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:28 am

It takes two to trade. As much as I blame Jerry, I blame him more for blowing money on below average to shitty FA hitters than I do for the trade shit...not a lot more, but more.

He won't add a big bat at the deadline for the same reason he won't sign one in the off season. They won't spend the money. That's why they pay guys before they ever do anything, that's why they sign mediocrity, and that's why they can't add a big bat in trade. Sad but true. This ownership group cares about being somewhat competitive, because that brings in $.

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:06 am

Over the last 10 games:

.148 (last)/.251(last)/.247(last)/.498(last)... HR's 4 (2nd to last)... R's 12 (last)... K% 29% (last)... wRC+ 52 (last)...

This all during a run where they've been focusing on trying to boost the offense :roll: :roll: :roll:

OLdvanDawg

Post by OLdvanDawg » Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:20 am

The M’s are still in it, but need to step it up now. Maybe if they fired SS now it would do what firing the coach did for the Sonics in 1978 when they started 6-17 and ended up in the NBA finals. if they don’t do something now, they might as well bring up the minor leaguers and have a two month “spring training”. They should be sellers and not buyers. Stanton wants to save money? Trade JRod and the big salary.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:06 am

The Astros have fone 5 and 5 over there last ten games...and gained 3 games on us. Sorry, this season is over. Again, contenders don't lose six straight to the Angels. There is absolutely no reason to add bats. Not the bats they are going to add.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:13 am

OLdvanDawg wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 1:20 am
The M’s are still in it, but need to step it up now. Maybe if they fired SS now it would do what firing the coach did for the Sonics in 1978 when they started 6-17 and ended up in the NBA finals. if they don’t do something now, they might as well bring up the minor leaguers and have a two month “spring training”. They should be sellers and not buyers. Stanton wants to save money? Trade JRod and the big salary.
Except that basketball is a completely different animal. Lenny Wilkens came up with player combinations that Bob Hopkins didn't, and it changed the team. What would a new Mariner manager change? Make the team try harder?