M's trade for Randy Arozarena

seattlefan-daBronx

Re: M's trade for Randy Arozarena

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:12 pm

Randy is a solid bat. He's NOT our savior and answer to this abysmal offense BUT it's a start Jerry. Thank you.
NOW go get a Rooker or Robert and then we'll start talking about saving your job.

But today we have HOPE.
At least it'll mean less watching at-bats for Haniger or Garver for God's sake.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:24 pm

Went back and looked at Arozarena's past game logs to see if this slow start and then catching on fire is normal for him. It appears to be his MO to either be very hot or very cold.

Games 1-41 .829 OPS
Games 42-85 .610 OPS
Games 86-106 1.235 OPS
Games 107-132 .687 OPS
Games 133-141 .957 OPS

Games 1-25 .559 OPS
Games 26-58 .914 OPS
Games 59-86 .632 OPS
Games 87-123 .971 OPS
Games 124-153 .690 OPS

Games 1-31 1.015 OPS
Games 32-59 .701 OPS
Games 60-74 1.064 OPS
Games 75-119 .577 OPS
Games 120-129 1.147 OPS
Games 130-151 .662 OPS

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Jul 26, 2024 6:28 pm

We've been in talks about Jazz with Miami and have made trades recently with SF.
What about Michael Conforto???

We just need LEAGUE AVERAGE / 3-4 runs / game!!!
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:44 pm

Looks like a guy who the leagues pitchers have figured out.
Much like half the M's existing roster.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:18 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:40 pm
bpj wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:31 am
Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 5:20 am
Dude is hitting .211 with a 29%K rate. He will fit right in.
He does have a .919 OPS since June 1st with a .290 avg in that time.
That's great but that just means that he was really terrible before that and has issues with consistency. Gotta wonder if he is due for another cold streak. The Mariner curse, the Marine Layer and the crooked batters eye seem to have a way of getting guys off their game.
Personally I think most players are hot and cold. That's why they need to be in the lineup consistently, so the hot times come back.

And why when it's all said and done, it's about the full years stats.

Our problem has been that we don't have enough guys with hot streaks. Part of it, if you ask me, is inconsistent playing time. The more of these types we can add the better because one hot streak at a time can carry a team imo.

harmony

Post by harmony » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:19 pm

A review of the trade from The Athletic columnist Stephen J. Nesbitt:
Waking up to the trade news this morning, my initial reaction was there’s no way the Rays accelerated the Arozarena market without that PTBNL being someone of significance. Smith and Hopkins are ranked 14th and 15th, respectively, in the Mariners system by Baseball America. They’ve both put up big numbers so far this season in A-ball. They’re nice prospects acing their level. But PTBNL, man, I bet that guy can really play ball. Let me remind you that the Rays once traded Chris Archer for Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows and a PTBNL that was announced, a few weeks later, as Shane Baz, the Pirates’ first-round pick from the previous year. Does that mean this PTBNL is Colt Emerson, Seattle’s first-round pick last year? Absolutely not. Keith Law just ranked that dude the No. 5 prospect in baseball. But I’m betting the Rays’ return will look considerably better when the third player is announced, and the grade reflects that.
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/566031 ... ners-rays/

Nesbitt and fellow Athletic columnist Tim Britton gave the Mariners grades of A on the trade.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:35 pm

harmony wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:19 pm
Waking up to the trade news this morning, my initial reaction was there’s no way the Rays accelerated the Arozarena market without that PTBNL being someone of significance. Smith and Hopkins are ranked 14th and 15th, respectively, in the Mariners system by Baseball America. They’ve both put up big numbers so far this season in A-ball. They’re nice prospects acing their level. But PTBNL, man, I bet that guy can really play ball. Let me remind you that the Rays once traded Chris Archer for Tyler Glasnow, Austin Meadows and a PTBNL that was announced, a few weeks later, as Shane Baz, the Pirates’ first-round pick from the previous year. Does that mean this PTBNL is Colt Emerson, Seattle’s first-round pick last year? Absolutely not. Keith Law just ranked that dude the No. 5 prospect in baseball. But I’m betting the Rays’ return will look considerably better when the third player is announced, and the grade reflects that.

Nesbitt and fellow Athletic columnist Tim Britton gave the Mariners grades of A on the trade.
Is it someone they just drafted? Could it maybe be Farmelo or Celestin and they want a physical?
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:05 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:35 pm
harmony wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:19 pm

Is it someone they just drafted? Could it maybe be Farmelo or Celestin and they want a physical?
It is not supposed to be anyone higher than Aiden Smith

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:18 am

When has the PTBNL been the highest graded player of any deal when that deal was consummated? Answer is never. That's not how a PTBNL works. They guys is a PTBNL because it's one of 3-5 guys usually for club A to watch and then decide on a few months later (pre-determined deadline set by club b)

It won't be anybody better than Hopkins regardless of what some dude at the Athletic thinks.

harmony

Post by harmony » Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:22 am

Vogelbomb wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2024 12:18 am
When has the PTBNL been the highest graded player of any deal when that deal was consummated? Answer is never. That's not how a PTBNL works. They guys is a PTBNL because it's one of 3-5 guys usually for club A to watch and then decide on a few months later (pre-determined deadline set by club b)

It won't be anybody better than Hopkins regardless of what some dude at the Athletic thinks.
https://www.mlb.com/news/best-players-t ... ll-history