Cano off to mediocre start!

D-train

Re: Cano off to mediocre start!

Post by D-train » Tue May 21, 2019 6:36 pm

dt

Moe Gibbs

Re: Cano off to mediocre start!

Post by Moe Gibbs » Tue May 21, 2019 8:29 pm

I always appreciated Cano's greatness. He did a lot of great things for us on offense and defense.
The jogging was something that grated on my nerves but it was a non factor 99% of the time. I hoped that Cano was "nursing" a chronic, nagging groin, hammy, hernia type problem as a valid excuse.
The seasons he had here were some of the best among slugging 2nd basemen we've ever had. The high salary was an albatross, etc....but pretty typical stuff all across the bigger market clubs [yes, we are upper 1/3 of the MLB markets].

Of all of Cano's "excuse makers"..I think I was one of just a few at this forum...yet I also griped and joked about his "marijuana infused approach".
What I liked was his ability to keep the game "A GAME" in his head..instead of making it LIFE OR DEATH. I think this calm approach of his helps when the game [or the season] is on the line.
He could get knocked down by a 98 MPH pitch, brush himself off, then rip a shot off of any pitcher out there when it was time for him to "get serious" as well as any other player I've seen.
To say "good riddance" to him shows a total lack of appreciation for the great things he did.