My thoughts on Interleague Play

Hy Feiber

My thoughts on Interleague Play

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu May 02, 2019 1:10 am

I prefer watching the M’s play twice on the East Coast, and having the East here more often.

Besides, I have no interest in watching pitchers hit.

bpj

Re: My thoughts on Interleague Play

Post by bpj » Thu May 02, 2019 3:04 am

This is exactly how I feel. The NL is the slow paced version of a slow paced sport.

How riveting watching pitchers hit .100 and opposing pitchers pitch around your hitters to get to the pitcher...

So boring. It's like watching boxing when the UFC is on.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Thu May 02, 2019 11:31 am

Yeah I don't exactly like interleague play either & especially the way they do it. If every team played let's say a single 2 game series against every team in the other league, it could be ok. If you play the east on the road one year, you play them at home the next year or whatever. I'm just tired of 2 series vs SD every year. Or they could ditch it totally.

95Lives!

Post by 95Lives! » Thu May 02, 2019 12:47 pm

I don't like it much myself. I can see it for teams that share a city, but for teams other than New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco...it's kind of like taking your sister to prom....it's still a dance and all but there are other partners you'd like to dance with.

Why are the other 22 teams forced to dance with their sisters 20 games a year!!!!!!????

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri May 03, 2019 12:42 am

It’s like this, if the M’s beat the Yankees 2 outta 3, that’s nice, if they beat the Cards the same, so what?

Another thing, IL play takes away the special nature of the World Series, since both contestants may have already played one another say, 4 times.

It’s no longer two Unknown Quantities battling it out for the First Time.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri May 03, 2019 12:45 am

About watching the Padres, I agree, what a damn bore.

Big deal, so they shell out a zillion dollars for two overpriced guys like Hosmer and Machado, makes no difference to me.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Fri May 03, 2019 12:47 am

Major League Baseball is fast becoming like any other bureaucracy, “let’s change it, just to change it!”

Yayyyyyyyy