Re: Boom! Astros get ASS JAMMED by MLB

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm

Petert wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm
Petert wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:54 pm
I think Beltran’s move is prudent for himself (assuming it was a mutual decision to step down) as it leaves unsullied his potential as a HoF candidate.

So now, three teams looking for managers as a result of this.

I’m assuming only in an alternate universe would anyone ask the Ms front office for permission to talk to Servais...
Remember when we traded Lou for Randy Wynn? I wonder what we could get for SS?
Sued.
:lol:
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:03 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:07 pm
Petert wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 pm

Remember when we traded Lou for Randy Wynn? I wonder what we could get for SS?
Sued.
:lol:
Has to be under consideration for one of the best one-word-responses to a question, ever :lol:

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:53 am

Bil522 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:39 am
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:05 am
I'm not happy to hear about the fact that Houston cheated and got caught. Really. I'd like to believe they [Astros] have been legitimately better than everyone else these past few years. I hate to hear about cheating after the fact. The NBA and NFL have both proven to be rigged in my mind, but MLB has been "clean" in my lifetime up until now.
How many other MLB teams cheat similar to how Houston has cheated, but simply don't have the talent for massive amounts of cheating to make enough of a difference [more runs scored] to raise suspicion...?
Is my idol...Nolan Ryan linked to any of this...?
Evan Gattis retired sort of mysteriously before he absolutely had to. I wonder if he had a guilty conscience...?
I'm happy to hear the MLB is throwing the book at Houston, but not too surprised. MLB is smart enough to know that they need to keep a squeaky clean image in order to keep a public that places a high value on fairness and legitimacy interested in what they are selling.
Soooo....rampant steriod abuse was part of the "squeaky clean" image?
They eventually cleaned that problem up too..knowing full well that steroids were hurting their image.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:55 pm

I am willing to bet that the Astros team wide batting average at home games is going to take a hit....They can hit a trash can, but without cheating it will be a swing and a miss

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:00 pm

dt

95Lives!

Post by 95Lives! » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:28 pm

I'm seeing some articles now saying Alsmurfe and others wore devices under thier Jerseys to tip them to what was coming.

If true, that would be a pretty significant violation of the no electronics rule...

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:35 pm

95Lives! wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:28 pm
I'm seeing some articles now saying Alsmurfe and others wore devices under thier Jerseys to tip them to what was coming.

If true, that would be a pretty significant violation of the no electronics rule...
So bizarre. Those guys are the last guys on earth that I would think would lack the confidence to compete without cheating. Maybe they aren't that good.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:55 pm
I am willing to bet that the Astros team wide batting average at home games is going to take a hit....They can hit a trash can, but without cheating it will be a swing and a miss
The wierd thing is that in 2017 when this was supposedly going down. The Astros hit better on the road across the board .279/.340/.472 at home and .284/.351/.483 on the road. They also had more doubles, more triples, more home runs and more walks on the road than at home and they scored 501 runs on the road compared to 395 at home. The only thing they did better at the plate at home was strike out less.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:45 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:55 pm
The wierd thing is that in 2017 when this was supposedly going down. The Astros hit better on the road across the board .279/.340/.472 at home and .284/.351/.483 on the road. They also had more doubles, more triples, more home runs and more walks on the road than at home and they scored 501 runs on the road compared to 395 at home. The only thing they did better at the plate at home was strike out less.
Saw that. I didn't see anything in 2018 or last season either. Tells you how stupid an idea it was. Like going to prison for five years for stealing a candy bar.
dt

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:14 pm

The latest is the craziest

1. "Carlos Beltran's Niece" Twitter Account, which is now considered a MLB player's burner account announced Carlos Beltran's hiring and firing before anyone else. This same account tips the internet off to Jose Altuve and Bregman wearing transponders. Talks about walk-off vs Chapman and Altuve not wanting to take off his shirt

2. Video analysis now all over the internet. Jose Altuve looks scared shitless rounding third base. He's holding his jersey for dear life after telling his teammates not my shirt, not my shirt in Spanish. Then, he quickly runs off to the clubhouse to change shirts before returning to the field to celebrate with his teammates

3. Ken Rosenthal asks him post game why he didn't want his shirt ripped off. Jose asks him to repeat the question... the only time he does that is on this question, so he can buy time to lie, then he laughs nervously and says "I don't know, I'm shy, last time my wife didn't like it"... asking to repeat question, laughing, giving multiple answers... all signs of lying. Internet blowing up showing Altuve Instagram pics bear chested and other times when he was shirtless on field. This time he was wearing a wire. For that big Chapman walk-off, he was wired up.

Watch the videos. See what you think. Should they re-open the investigation? Should these guys be getting lifetime bans?