M's fans are the antithesis of a tough crowd

D-train

M's fans are the antithesis of a tough crowd

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 am

JD with a 78% confidence level in regards to the draft and SS has a 77% approval rating. Also, interesting that 60% of fans would rather take a college player than a higher ceiling HS player. Confidence in the rebuild is 80%

https://www.lookoutlanding.com/2019/5/2 ... draft-well
dt

bpj

Re: M's fans are the antithesis of a tough crowd

Post by bpj » Sun May 26, 2019 12:15 am

Unreal.

That's what happens when your customer base is a bunch of metrosexuals who did band in high school and wear scarves and fancy hats now.

Happy as hell

Post by Happy as hell » Sun May 26, 2019 12:20 am

Unbelievable! And that is why we have the team we have. Easy to please fans.

Any approval ratings for the green hydroplane?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 12:53 am

bpj wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:15 am
Unreal.

That's what happens when your customer base is a bunch of metrosexuals who did band in high school and wear scarves and fancy hats now.
That pretty much defines the Lookout Landing crew and their readers for the most part
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 am
JD with a 78% confidence level in regards to the draft and SS has a 77% approval rating. Also, interesting that 60% of fans would rather take a college player than a higher ceiling HS player. Confidence in the rebuild is 80%

I definitely approve. What we should be focusing on is the development of the core.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 1:39 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:35 am
D-train wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:12 am

I definitely approve. What we should be focusing on is the development of the core.
Approve of JD and the draft or SS or both?
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun May 26, 2019 1:49 am

Dipoto in the last year is a completely different GM than he was before, it's so weird. It's like he went from getting terrible advice to someone now getting excellent advice.

I approve of Dipoto in the last year but he was a trainwreck before that.

Our bullpen looks like a glaring weakness but it's already fixed once the injured guys get back.

The rotation needs help and they have to get rid of Smith, Gordon, Bruce and Encarnacion to have enough roster spots to let these guys play. Leake and Leblanc should be traded also, what's the point of keeping them?

But, things rarely happen before the trade deadline so it's not like Dipoto can snap his fingers and be done, it's just a process.

One they see culminating next trade deadline with our core group. I can play wait and see for that long.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 2:22 am

bpj wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:49 am
Dipoto in the last year is a completely different GM than he was before, it's so weird. It's like he went from getting terrible advice to someone now getting excellent advice.

Our bullpen looks like a glaring weakness but it's already fixed once the injured guys get back.

The rotation needs help and they have to get rid of Smith, Gordon, Bruce and Encarnacion to have enough roster spots to let these guys play. Leake and Leblanc should be traded also, what's the point of keeping them?

But, things rarely happen before the trade deadline so it's not like Dipoto can snap his fingers and be done, it's just a process.

One they see culminating next trade deadline with our core group. I can play wait and see for that long.
I don't think I have ever seen you comment on SS? Indifferent?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 am

Sodo Mojo on three roster moves that should be done. I agree with the first two the third isn't even worth the ink it took to write it.

https://sodomojo.com/2019/05/25/mariner ... ter-moves/
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun May 26, 2019 2:37 am

D-train wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:22 am
bpj wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 1:49 am

I don't think I have ever seen you comment on SS? Indifferent?
SS is terrible at game management but I think he and jedi are hitched at the hip, so we just have to hope he is as cerebral as people have said so when he makes a poor decision he's learning from it and will correct course next time. We have not seen evidence yet that he can do so however.

I think Servais is like a blackjack player for the most part. He's making the play that his Dipoto provided playbook says he should make. Pitching matchups, etc.

I think instead of being reactionary because Gearrin had some issues, for example, they stuck with him and his K/9 went off the charts and he became one of our better options so far.

But, Servais does seem to be missing the most basic necessary moves. Can't see the forest for the trees.