Forum members introduce yourselves

TommyGun1971

Re: Forum members introduce yourselves

Post by TommyGun1971 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:22 am

Name is Thomas (my friends call me Tommy, some call me TommyGun, hence my handle name and the year I was born). I'm probably not considered a regular here but like to pop in whenever possible. Born in Vietnam but moved to Seattle (Bothell) when I was 1 year old. I currently live in Ballard with my wife and 8 yr old son.

Was raised a baseball and Mariner's fan and I just love baseball all-around! I even manage a die-hard fantasy baseball league with all my buddies (10 x 10 league, going strong since '94! Always looking for any interested owners, fyi). I've played some ball growing up (little league, middle school, softball) but I suck to be honest... :D . But it's always been fun!

My greatest experience was being at game 5 in '95 against the Yankees where my all-time favorite player, Edgar Martinez, hit that double; still one of the greatest moments of my life. What an amazing experience and hoping/praying we will all get to feel that again!

I appreciate the opportunity to discuss baseball/Mariners within these forums. I definite need a place to vent; and hopefully rejoice in the future... :lol:

Thank you.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu May 02, 2019 1:26 am

I still live in my mothers basement........

Ziskmagic

Post by Ziskmagic » Thu May 02, 2019 1:38 am

Scott, 50, born and raised here in the Seattle area. UW graduate somehow. 5'9" 160 lbs. Happily selling wholesale golf apparel from the comfort of my home office in Shoreline for the past 12 years. I have never been married, but have been blessed with a daughter who's currently an undergrad student at a city college.

Baseball has been a passion since I spent my 8th birthday at the Kingdome...April 1977. I don't remember diddly about the game but a 7-1 loss sounds about right. I met and got my picture taken with Glenn Abbott. I was hooked.

Randy Johnson is also my favorite Mariner (in his prime, and from behind home plate, he was magnificent to watch) followed by Edgar and Junior. Least favorite is Figgins...although this list is a long and hilarious one.

I am deeply appreciative of the insights and humor of the members of this community. It's hard to put into words, but it's significant.
Last edited by Ziskmagic on Thu May 02, 2019 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
As a body we are alone, as a soul never.

Pine Tar

Post by Pine Tar » Thu May 02, 2019 1:42 am

I'm Daniel, transferring over from the Mariners Forum on the ST website. I live in the San Diego area but Seattle has always been home. Been a Mariners fan since their first season. I haven't been too active on the forum lately but maybe this new site without all the spam will be what I'm looking for. All the best to my fellow fans -- go M's!

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu May 02, 2019 2:23 am

My name is Pete, and I’m a Marinerholic.

Although I’m from the urban cancer that is Jersey City NJ, I’ve lived here in the NW for 33 years, driving across the floating bridge as KJR announced the Ms had traded Spike and Hendu to Boston for a bag of broken bats and rag arms. The Ms became my team that day.

Baseball has been the only sport I’ve ever loved, and played through HS and university, as well as into my adult years. I called it quits at age 50 after injuring myself in a PSMSBL game at Everett Memorial. I read everything I could about its history, and eventually did research as a member of the SABR minor league and Negro League societies. Along the way I amassed a collection of almost 400 gloves, refurbishing them, and studying how their development changed the defensive game from 1915 to the mid 70s.

I studied music and engineering at university and am currently in my 50th year as a performer, though I don’t play classical anymore. I write rock music in a 70s prog style, the dubious results of which can be heard here: http://www.qrnmusic.com .

I’m 4 years retired, turn 65 this month, and spend my time in music, this grand sport, sea kayaking, weekend experiments in developing the perfect Manhattan, and trying to convince my wife we should move to the San Juans or the Gulf Islands.

It is indeed a pleasure to be a member of this forum after almost 10 years of lurking, and I look forward to meeting you all.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu May 02, 2019 3:27 am

Pete... Let me know when you come up with the perfect Manhattan. Perhaps you can share your recipe.
DMM

Petert

Post by Petert » Thu May 02, 2019 3:54 am

I have several good/great ones. Will PM them.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 am

people call me blind Dave, I am legally blind by field and clarity but still get to do many fun things. My wife loves looking at peoples faces when we go to a ball game and they see me with my blind stick

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 4:00 am

desbcoach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 am
people call me blind Dave, I am legally blind by field and clarity but still get to do many fun things. My wife loves looking at peoples faces when we go to a ball game and they see me with my blind stick
Welcome Dave! Thanks for sharing everyone! Damn reminds me of an AA meeting..........or at least what I have read about them. :)
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 02, 2019 4:02 am

desbcoach wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 3:58 am
btw whenever I see your handle I think Deb's Coach instead of Desbcoach. What is Desb?

Also whenever I see 95lives I think of what 10.5 cats would have instead of lives that the rhymes with gives. lol

dt
dt