Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post Reply

Would you do this trade

Yes
3
75%
No
1
25%
 
Total votes: 4

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83564
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:35 pm

dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83564
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:47 pm

dt

Big_Maple
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by Big_Maple » Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:50 pm

This might be the only way I would approve of parting with Sloan.

But of course it is far too ballsy and blockbuster for it to ever happen.

Mesully11
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:08 am

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by Mesully11 » Fri Oct 09, 2026 9:57 pm

I would do it but I think the Reds would want Canzone and a starter, possibly Emerson. Then Sloan and one of the other three.

I would consider that trade possibly, but I would try to keep Sloan.

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4650
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:08 pm

Nope. Not trading Sloan.

DavidGee24
Posts: 11603
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 6:24 pm
Location: Phillips Ranch, CA

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Oct 09, 2026 10:44 pm

I'd do it. Look, Sloan isn't putting up big numbers in the minors so he's not a sure thing, and I can see the Reds probably agreeing to it so absolutely.

User avatar
Lamda
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by Lamda » Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:04 pm

I would do it though I'd hate to lose Arroyo. The kid seems like he has a legit bat so I wouldn't be trying to trade him away. I know people say well there isn't a place for him - not sure he could be any worse in LF than Arozarena is but we also have the DH - let him DH all year then for all I care - I know Dip hates the DH and thinks its just a place you throw a guy in from time to time or to give a person a day off, but let him DH.

Seattle or Bust
Posts: 11998
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:09 pm

Re: Nice knowing you Otto, Hello again Elly

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Oct 09, 2026 11:08 pm

They just bumped Elly's value from $66.4M to $93.7M within a matter of hours on MLBTV... how do they figure that lol?

Probably too much to give up from the farm. But of course, if he's available you should be making an offer.

Post Reply