Virus Schmirus

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Today’s liberal media should be criminally charged for this......

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... quine.html

AG Barr
And the politicization of decisions like hydroxychloroquine has been amazing to me. Before the president said anything about it, there was fair and balanced coverage of this very promising drug, and the fact that it had such a long track record, that the risks were pretty well known, and as soon as he said something positive about it, the media’s been on a jihad to discredit the drug, it’s quite strange.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:46 pm

AG Barr
And the politicization of decisions like hydroxychloroquine has been amazing to me. Before the president said anything about it, there was fair and balanced coverage of this very promising drug, and the fact that it had such a long track record, that the risks were pretty well known, and as soon as he said something positive about it, the media’s been on a jihad to discredit the drug, it’s quite strange.
I I saw that interview live. How about disparity between how the accusations of sexual misconduct regarding judge Kavanaugh's we're treated vs Biden. Even though one was in high school and the other one was relatively recently.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:38 pm

I've gone full circle on this whole situation.

At first I was certain it was just media hype, like they do whenever there's a new virus and anything else.

Then, when it seemed like everyone was taking it seriously, including those who thought it was overblown at first, I got on board with everything.

Now, I'm back to thinking it's mostly hype again and everyone is overreacting. Mainly because of the info about counting every death of a covid-carrier as a covid death, making me think they're intentionally inflating numbers for [insert many possible reasons].

The sheep mentality so many people seem to have makes me disappointed. Everyone was so quick to do what their state governments told them to do. A little more defiance would make me more optimistic that we haven't all become "subjects."
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:02 pm

To change anything would take people standing up against and speaking about overthrowing government as we know it, and they have made doing so illegal so it is a slippery slope.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:24 pm
Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:46 pm

AG Barr
I I saw that interview live. How about disparity between how the accusations of sexual misconduct regarding judge Kavanaugh's we're treated vs Biden. Even though one was in high school and the other one was relatively recently.
Good grief....I can’t wait for the Blasey Ford Rockstar treatment to start.....oh wrong political party

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Boxing champ Terence Crawford:
"It ain't no different to any other day. I'm not locked up in the house. I'm not locking my kids up in the house, I'm telling you," he told Sports Illustrated.

"I don't feel like these people that they say are dying and sick from it is actually true. I think they're using fear to try to control us right now, for something else.

"I don't know what it is but me personally, I just can't agree with a whole bunch of things that they're saying now.

"The media runs the world. You put anything on then everybody's gonna run with it and you'll have people scared.
More people like him need to speak up.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:14 pm

They need to open the damn golf courses! Everything else can stay closed...

Actuallly, I mentioned in an earlier post, there is one open, on the hush hush, no fee basis... in Lynden, conservative/right wing/tea party/Republican North County. So I think they're defying Governor Inslee and saying f/u to him. Thank god for Republicans, when it comes to golf and my right to bear a 9 iron. :lol:
DMM

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 pm

guess there is something to be concerned about

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mo ... -outbreak/

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:33 pm

Millikin wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:38 pm
I've gone full circle on this whole situation.

At first I was certain it was just media hype, like they do whenever there's a new virus and anything else.

Then, when it seemed like everyone was taking it seriously, including those who thought it was overblown at first, I got on board with everything.

Now, I'm back to thinking it's mostly hype again and everyone is overreacting. Mainly because of the info about counting every death of a covid-carrier as a covid death, making me think they're intentionally inflating numbers for [insert many possible reasons].

The sheep mentality so many people seem to have makes me disappointed. Everyone was so quick to do what their state governments told them to do. A little more defiance would make me more optimistic that we haven't all become "subjects."
So true.

The fear of this thing has a life of its own. It certainly is a tough little virus but people are acting as if its the black death. They heard the word pandemic and put it into a one size fits all box.

Reality is that its more widespread and less deadly than we were told. And even the numbers we were told were serious but not that bad.

Like others, I am disappointed in humanity. Glad there are places like this where I can feel a sense of normalcy in a world that has collectively lost its mind.

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:34 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 pm
guess there is something to be concerned about

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mo ... -outbreak/

Dear God........

People like having their liberties stripped away.

I am speechless.