Virus Schmirus

ddraig

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by ddraig » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:12 pm

IStillLoveTheMs,

Why am I so afraid of government? Well lets see. A guy was arrested for playing catch with his daughter in a park. Individuals sitting in their cars with the windows rolled up while attending an outdoor church service were issued tickets. The government, in some places, is asking people to call numbers and report their neighbors for not keeping their distance. A married couple sitting side by side on a park bench with no one around were arrested. All actions by government over-reach. I'm certain there are other examples I can find if you wish.

And obviously you didn't read how I feel about both political parties. There isn't a dimes difference between the two. Well, perhaps I shouldn't say a "dimes difference." Maybe it is more appropriate to say that it takes a Republican two weeks longer to screw you over than it does a Dem-Soc. A pox on both their houses. Neither is looking out for you or me.

Take Chicago or Detroit. How long have the Dem-Socs been in charge of City Politics there? Yet with all the restrictions and laws against gun ownership, one city or the other is at or near the top of gun violence on a yearly basis. Has government fixed that? Or California, where migrants have more rights than do legal citizens. Shouldn't government be helping citizens before they help people who are "undocumented?"

OK, I'm through. I'm not going to change anyone's mind on a sports forum. But you need to get out more and read things other than just articles that you agree with.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:13 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:49 pm
ddraig wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:21 pm
Pissed off by what is going on? I know I am. And I am going to remember who is screwing with us. If you feel strongly that Trump is at fault, vote him out. If, on the other hand, you think the Dem-Socs are taking advantage of the situation and want to put as much misery out here while blaming Trump for their actions, then get out and VOTE.

Personally, I'm tired of sitting around doing nothing because the governor is "protecting" us from a virus that is proving to be less deadly than your average, yearly flu. The guy is a "maroon" (apologies to Bugs Bunny) and should be replaced at the earliest opportunity. The Dem-Socs mantra? "Never let a good crisis go to waste." If you want more government control over your lives, then by all means, vote for them. If not, throw the bums out.

Sadly, I also subscribe to the thinking that there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two parties, but that may be changing. It is my hope that one of the parties will change and actually pay attention to their constituents instead of getting into office and lining their own pockets and the pockets of their friends and relatives!
I'm curious... pretty much every state is on some form of social distancing orders... so are most countries. A good portion of these states/countries aren't led by Dems. Hell, Trump issued a national emergency and agreed with distancing... last I checked he's a Republican, so are all these Republicans trying to control you to? Or was this thing actually serious and people used common sense?

If you're claiming social distancing is the creation of Dems, whose pockets are they lining by keeping businesses closed?

There's a reason Trump is trying to open the economy back up... he's getting pressured by rich CEO's and his Wall Street pals who, despite being absolutely loaded already, wan't to continue making their billions at the expense of people's health. You think these people are Dems?

Even then, the stimulus is a joke... why? Because despite the Dems best efforts to assist the public, Republicans struck down attempts at guaranteeing health care for laid off employees through all of this... Republicans struck down measures to give student load relief to young Americans who are getting laid off far more than any other age group. Why? Because they know their rich buddies will have none of it... All the stimulus has done is once again bailed out billionaires at the expense of average Americans. Again, you think these rich people are Dems?

It's funny... all the rich folks who have benefited by an economy with a record stock prices and low taxes run for the hills with their cash... they engage in record stock buybacks and fire everyone low on the totem pole at their company... just so they can preserve a few million while the have-nots go hungry.

I'm not sure why you're so scared of the government.

I happen to think this thing was probably pretty dangerous, and I'm happy the government took the steps it took to curb this thing and hopefully get us on a path back to health.

And to your last post... Trump called CV a Hoax at a rally in South Carolina in Feb. 28... doesn't get more transparent than that. He then backtracked after he found out Americans were dying and of course, like he always does, says that those who were listening didn't understand what he was saying and that the Hoax was now the Dems trying to say he didn't handle it well.

Why even use the word hoax in the same sentence as CV... or right, because he's either an idiot or he knows his base in SC are idiots who when they hear that buzzword will get riled up.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2173HY

https://twitter.com/alx/status/1245072385696575488
dt

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 pm

Maybe...............Trump is trying to open the economy back up to help the millions of people that lost their jobs or small businesses that had to close because of this virus.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:18 pm

I think most of the current restrictions are reasonable. Its the deciding to close schools over TWO MONTHS before the decision needed to be made. The chasing guys down on the beach running alone, the closing of golf courses, the accusation of people suggesting restarting the economy care more about money than lives even that most people can't live without money, the inflating of Corona deaths but including all positives when in a lot of cases the corona was just the straw that broke the back of a very sick Camel.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:17 pm
Maybe...............Trump is trying to open the economy back up to help the millions of people that lost their jobs or small businesses that had to close because of this virus.
Oh that couldn't be it. Has to be because Orange man enjoys people dying. Trump has a lot of flaws but this notion that he is some selfish greedy Monsterr is absurd. Dude had 1000x more money that he would ever need when he decided to run and now he has to deal with nonsense like people accusing him of promoting a life saving drug because he had $400 of Sanofi stock in one of his mutual funds.

Thankfully this Dem politician had the courage to thank him for saving her life.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 967210001/
dt

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:25 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:
Oh that couldn't be it. Has to be because Orange man enjoys people dying. Trump has a lot of flaws but this notion that he is some selfish greedy Monsterr is absurd. Dude had 1000x more money that he would ever need when he decided to run and now he has to deal with nonsense like people accusing him of promoting a life saving drug because he had $400 of Sanofi stock in one of his mutual funds.

Thankfully this Dem politician had the courage to thank him for saving her life.

He was well-liked by the media and Hollywood before he became Prez. Now, half of the country are against him. He could've not been President and have a happier and less stressful life. But instead, he chose this path to try and do good for the country.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:05 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:12 pm
IStillLoveTheMs,

Why am I so afraid of government? Well lets see. A guy was arrested for playing catch with his daughter in a park. Individuals sitting in their cars with the windows rolled up while attending an outdoor church service were issued tickets. The government, in some places, is asking people to call numbers and report their neighbors for not keeping their distance. A married couple sitting side by side on a park bench with no one around were arrested. All actions by government over-reach. I'm certain there are other examples I can find if you wish.

And obviously you didn't read how I feel about both political parties. There isn't a dimes difference between the two. Well, perhaps I shouldn't say a "dimes difference." Maybe it is more appropriate to say that it takes a Republican two weeks longer to screw you over than it does a Dem-Soc. A pox on both their houses. Neither is looking out for you or me.

Take Chicago or Detroit. How long have the Dem-Socs been in charge of City Politics there? Yet with all the restrictions and laws against gun ownership, one city or the other is at or near the top of gun violence on a yearly basis. Has government fixed that? Or California, where migrants have more rights than do legal citizens. Shouldn't government be helping citizens before they help people who are "undocumented?"

OK, I'm through. I'm not going to change anyone's mind on a sports forum. But you need to get out more and read things other than just articles that you agree with.
Quite simply... I believe most people think this thing is dangerous, so don't go out and do shit. Stay home, be patient, and eventually you will be able to go out and live your life as normal when this thing is over with. It's how pandemics work... I'm not sorry it doesn't fit people's schedules.

Imagine if we didn't do ANY social distancing... imagine if Trump + rich CEO's had their way... millions would have died. Luckily he listened and things have gotten better.

I've stayed home, I've found things to do, I've worked from home, and I haven't caved in to the impulse to go out and do things.

I'm not sure what you're so afraid of here though when referencing the things you're referencing. You really think that this is the first step of a government takeover? I have faith that the government and its many branches are doing what they're doing to keep us healthy, why do I have faith? Because I have no evidence that the government is truly trying to limit my freedoms as means of takeover... until that happens, why would I believe otherwise? Especially seeing that thousands of people have died of this over a short span.

Trump's current motivations:

1. Getting re-elected. He knows that if the economy stays shut down that he's going to have a hard time getting re-elected because all of his rich buddies just fired all his poor electorate.

2. He's in the swamp... pretending he's not is insane... he has rich people in his ears telling him to open the economy for their financial gain... this includes stakes of his own. Yes, I believe rich people ultimately care more about being rich than the health of poor people. Their vote says so over and over again...

Why isn't he opening the economy? Because smart people are in his ear telling him it's suicide to open it prematurely and many more people will die before the sickness is curbed.

Why is he baiting opening the economy? Because he knows he's fucked if he does, knows he's fucked if he doesn't... so baiting it saves face. Him saying every day that he's going to do it, that he's thinking about it, at least gives his electorate hope that he cares about their economic standing.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:09 pm

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 pm
D-train wrote:
BaseHitDerby wrote:

He was well-liked by the media and Hollywood before he became Prez. Now, half of the country are against him. He could've not been President and have a happier and less stressful life. But instead, he chose this path to try and do good for the country.
Or he's a narcissist who loves attention and wanted to stick it to the financial and political elite who always made fun of him behind his back... he did so by becoming President. And no, he was not well liked lol... he had his toes sucked cause people always like to leach off the rich.

Given his obsession confronting anyone and anything that has a critique of job in office like a blithering, childish idiot... I think his motivations are a bit different than simply being a swell guy who only wants to help the country.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:13 pm

The giant economic stimulus thing is complete garbage. Every lawmaker, Democrat and Republican, added pork that had nothing to do with coronavirus. I'm not sure how the final bill ended up, but I think we (the future "we") paid to keep NPR funded, gave tax credits to wind farms, funded the Kennedy Arts Center (and they still laid off their employees), building renovations coast to coast...etc, etc...

If there's any giant conspiracy going on, it's less about Trump and more about every congressman using a blank check to pay back donors. No one dares vote against a coronavirus stimulus bill, so might as well fulfill every campaign promise back home and guarantee reelection. With other giant "stimulus" bills ($2 TRILLION +) on the way, don't expect the curve to officially flatten anytime soon.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:27 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:09 pm
BaseHitDerby wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 pm
D-train wrote:

Or he's a narcissist who loves attention and wanted to stick it to the financial and political elite who always made fun of him behind his back... he did so by becoming President. And no, he was not well liked lol... he had his toes sucked cause people always like to leach off the rich.

Given his obsession confronting anyone and anything that has a critique of job in office like a blithering, childish idiot... I think his motivations are a bit different than simply being a swell guy who only wants to help the country.
The guy had a big popular TV show. Now, half of the country hate him and the liberal media are always attacking him. I don't see people bashing Obama for recently purchasing a $11M mansion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Obama was a millionaire before coming to office. It appears to me that he used the presidency to become wealthy. On the other hand, the media are always bashing Trump regardless of what he does. They try to skew people's perceptions' of him.