Virus Schmirus

D-train

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:08 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:28 pm
"What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax." - from a Fact-Check site

Pretty darned close. I wonder what he truly believed.
Definitely an unforced error on his part. He should have known they would take it and run with like a jackel stealing a scrap of meat from an inattentive Lion.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:17 am

I was just listening to the daily briefing and it's really annoying how reporters repeatedly ask Dr.F differently worded questions that translate to, "What did Trump do wrong?" And he's not biting.

At one point he said he would try to answer carefully so that his answers don't get taken out of context the way they had been recently.

The difference between the actual material and the media spin is amazing.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:48 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:08 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
"What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax." - from a Fact-Check site

Definitely an unforced error on his part. He should have known they would take it and run with like a jackel stealing a scrap of meat from an inattentive Lion.
The media is like we got him! They'll be playing that clip nonstop til 2025!

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 am

Millikin wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:17 am
I was just listening to the daily briefing and it's really annoying how reporters repeatedly ask Dr.F differently worded questions that translate to, "What did Trump do wrong?" And he's not biting.

At one point he said he would try to answer carefully so that his answers don't get taken out of context the way they had been recently.

Many in the media are asking "gotcha" questions. They need to ask fresh questions with answers, hopefully, that will enlighten us, move us forward.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:33 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 am
Millikin wrote:

Many in the media are asking "gotcha" questions. They need to ask fresh questions with answers, hopefully, that will enlighten us, move us forward.
I can see asking them once but what is the point of asking them over and over again.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:02 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:33 am
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 am
Millikin wrote:

I can see asking them once but what is the point of asking them over and over again.
uh..... the pleasure they get from harassing the man (in Trump's case)?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:06 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
"What's True

What's False

No, it's not very close at all. One is saying the media is being dishonest, the other is saying the virus didn't exist.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 am

build it and they won't come...with all the eagerness to fire up sporting events, fans not interested in attending until there is a vaccine

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29 ... es-vaccine

godawgs28

Post by godawgs28 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:58 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 am
build it and they won't come...with all the eagerness to fire up sporting events, fans not interested in attending until there is a vaccine

Run the poll again in the coming weeks, and I bet the results shift dramatically.

The BS lies and fear mongering is getting called out more and more this week as we realize this thing isnt nearly as bad as we were led to believe.

Momentum is shifting as cooler heads prevail.

Besides, you honestly think America is cool with no sports until 2022?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:04 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:49 am

Perfect. So 39% of sports fans said they would go without a vaccine; which allows for social distancing.
dt