Virus Schmirus

D-train

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:22 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:37 pm
Good points from everyone.

What is needed is a fair and impartial media that reports facts.

Wrong about nearly everything in this Corona Virus situation. Even fighting Trump tooth and nail about a drug that turned out to save lives?!?

We need to be able to trust our media and government again. It has literally become a matter of life and death.
You are a good man sir.
dt

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 am

Living in Iowa there is no shelter in place but most places are closed. I go out once a week for food and while I am out I do donate plasma to help people and get my gas tank filled (gotta love the gas prices right now 1.19 a gallon). I am considered essential at my workplace so I do have to be there. I do have a wife who is diabetic so as soon as I get home I put my work clothes into the washer and take a shower before I even touch my wife or pets and santitize my clothes in the washer. I have 2 siblings who are RN's, one works for a nursing home, and one works for Tyson in Waterloo Iowa which had an explosion of cases. I do know 3 people who have had this and thankfully survived this disease and I am doing everything I can to avoid getting this virus.

I hope and pray you are all well and safe. God bless you all.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 am

Marinerjim11 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 am
Living in Iowa there is no shelter in place but most places are closed. I go out once a week for food and while I am out I do donate plasma to help people and get my gas tank filled (gotta love the gas prices right now 1.19 a gallon). I am considered essential at my workplace so I do have to be there. I do have a wife who is diabetic so as soon as I get home I put my work clothes into the washer and take a shower before I even touch my wife or pets and santitize my clothes in the washer. I have 2 siblings who are RN's, one works for a nursing home, and one works for Tyson in Waterloo Iowa which had an explosion of cases. I do know 3 people who have had this and thankfully survived this disease and I am doing everything I can to avoid getting this virus.

I hope and pray you are all well and safe. God bless you all.
Good Bless you too, Jim. And thanks so much for the report from the Heartland. Best wishes to you and yours. Go M's!
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:04 pm

This site needs a face palm emoji for stuff like this..

https://twitter.com/LizRNC/status/1251158887996116996
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Golf courses are still closed in Washington state. Ugggh! I just listened to an interview with Governor Inslee on KJR Sports radio. They really grilled him on when he would open up golf courses. Turns out he is a golfer himself but his wife usually beats him. His Father-in-Law is a former club pro. But Jay usually defeats his wife on the basketball court when playing HORSE. You can tell he understands our angst. I'm betting courses will be open between May 5 and May 18. With numerous restrictions, of course. Time for me to wash my clubs and sharpen the grooves of my wedges...
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:55 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:27 pm
Golf courses are still closed in Washington state. Ugggh! I just listened to an interview with Governor Inslee on KJR Sports radio. They really grilled him on when he would open up golf courses. Turns out he is a golfer himself but his wife usually beats him. His Father-in-Law is a former club pro. But Jay usually defeats his wife on the basketball court when playing HORSE. You can tell he understands our angst. I'm betting courses will be open between May 5 and May 18. With numerous restrictions, of course. Time for me to wash my clubs and sharpen the grooves of my wedges...
What possible explanation did he give to close an activity in which you are typically 50-100 yards from your playing partners. Idiot.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Like a drug bust I think golf was just caught up in the sweep...
DMM

maoling

Post by maoling » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:10 pm

DT...seen this sign on the roads around your new neighborhood?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Pahk the vah-rus in Hahvaad Yaard.
DMM

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:48 pm

I just remember what George Carlin said about golf courses, and graveyards... 2 biggest wastes of prime real estate. (I am joking. I'm sorry if you like golf).