Virus Schmirus

Michael K.

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Michael K. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Marinerjim11 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 am
Living in Iowa there is no shelter in place but most places are closed. I go out once a week for food and while I am out I do donate plasma to help people and get my gas tank filled (gotta love the gas prices right now 1.19 a gallon). I am considered essential at my workplace so I do have to be there. I do have a wife who is diabetic so as soon as I get home I put my work clothes into the washer and take a shower before I even touch my wife or pets and santitize my clothes in the washer. I have 2 siblings who are RN's, one works for a nursing home, and one works for Tyson in Waterloo Iowa which had an explosion of cases. I do know 3 people who have had this and thankfully survived this disease and I am doing everything I can to avoid getting this virus.

I hope and pray you are all well and safe. God bless you all.
Stay safe my friend!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:57 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:27 pm
Golf courses are still closed in Washington state. Ugggh! I just listened to an interview with Governor Inslee on KJR Sports radio. They really grilled him on when he would open up golf courses. Turns out he is a golfer himself but his wife usually beats him. His Father-in-Law is a former club pro. But Jay usually defeats his wife on the basketball court when playing HORSE. You can tell he understands our angst. I'm betting courses will be open between May 5 and May 18. With numerous restrictions, of course. Time for me to wash my clubs and sharpen the grooves of my wedges...
What possible explanation did he give to close an activity in which you are typically 50-100 yards from your playing partners. Idiot.
Local Counties here went against the Gov and allowed construction to be considered essential. Sounds like Inslee is trying to put an end to that. He will lose Eastern Washington if this happens. He is a decent guy, he and my uncle were good friends. My uncle was VERY Republican, and the couple of times I met Jay, and at my uncle's funeral, he seemed pretty cool. But, he is getting some bad advice right now, IMO.

Pot Shops are open, and not just for medical, yet you can't fish, hunt, play golf of build a house. Costco and Fred Meyer have to put processes in place to keep the hundreds of people six feet apart, yet occupations and hobbies were you are generally either by yourself or socially distant are shut down. I just don't get it.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:03 pm

Marinerjim11 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:48 pm
I just remember what George Carlin said about golf courses, and graveyards... 2 biggest wastes of prime real estate. (I am joking. I'm sorry if you like golf).
I watched his golf routine on YouTube about a month ago. Depressing... Robin William's golf schtick is much funnier. I'm still playing golf and George is using up a parcel of prime real estate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnFbCCgTo4
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Marinerjim11 wrote:
I just remember what George Carlin said about golf courses, and graveyards... 2 biggest wastes of prime real estate. (I am joking. I'm sorry if you like golf).
DMM is going to resolve that by getting buried on a golf course.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Marinerjim11 wrote:
DMM is going to resolve that by getting buried on a golf course.
... in a sand trap!

Or under the green on #1. That mound you're putting over... is me!
DMM

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:55 am

here you go...something i had suspected, don't bet on a vaccine anytime soon...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020 ... r/12146616

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:41 am

An actual vaccine is going to take 18 months minimum to get a cure. Almost all medical professionals have said that from the beginning. I hate it this shit so much.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 am

When will we have a Covid-19 vaccine? Public-facing scientists such as the UK’s chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, and his US counterpart, Anthony Fauci, keep repeating that it won’t be before 12 to 18 months. But other voices – including some of those in the race to create a vaccine themselves – have suggested that it could be as early as June.
Yeah, that is the time line that seems to get tossed around, What Frazier seems to be saying is, being its never been done before the 12-18 months could be quite optimistic.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:41 am

Last edited by Donn Beach on Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Just took an xray of the Tiger King. That was weird. He was in our Covid area.