6/2 Goddamn Angels Mariners Game Thread

Donn Beach

Re: 6/2 Goddamn Angels Mariners Game Thread

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:55 pm

blame him?..I think its more about what does he get credit for? I remember how he was characterized as taking a .500 team and a hundred trades later turning it into a .500 team. Well now we are looking like a 100 loss team with a round of trades to reset the clock and give it another go. He claims its really going to be super duper this time, we shall see

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:55 pm
blame him?..I think its more about what does he get credit for? I remember how he was characterized as taking a .500 team and a hundred trades later turning it into a .500 team. Well now we are looking like a 100 loss team with a round of trades to reset the clock and give it another go. He claims its really going to be super duper this time, we shall see
He better hope the prospects work out because there is currently nothing on the MLB roster looking like a core to build a WS champion around other than having a pretty good DH and possibly an above avg. SS and RF; maybe a good hitting catcher.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm

was gonna ask...what has he accomplished?...trade Cano? That is probably it, and Its not about winning that trade but more finding a way to change the direction of the team, and that only because the team has been stuck in the mud for years. Its not like he is terrible, its just so Mariner, so mediocre...

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:11 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:07 pm
was gonna ask...what has he accomplished?...trade Cano? That is probably it, and Its not about winning that trade but more finding a way to change the direction of the team, and that only because the team has been stuck in the mud for years. Its not like he is terrible, its just so Mariner, so mediocre...
Kelenic, Gilbert, JRod, Fraley and Dunn are definitely better than mediocre. We will see if they remain that way when they hit the bigs.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm

I am talking about seasons, I would rather go through some really terrible seasons and then have great seasons than what this franchise seems to have aspired to for the last 20 years, season after season of being around .500 baseball. We shall see if this season leads to actually getting beyond vying for the second WC...

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:25 pm
I am talking about seasons, I would rather go through some really terrible seasons and then have great seasons than what this franchise seems to have aspired to for the last 20 years, season after season of being around .500 baseball. We shall see if this season leads to actually getting beyond vying for the second WC...
Well you are getting you wish for a terrible season this year......
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:31 pm

my wish is to have another great season...see if he can deliver now

SpokaneCoug

Post by SpokaneCoug » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:46 pm

It was Little League yesterday so we got to go on the field before the game. While we were walking by the M's dugout, Felix randomly popped his head out --- he yelled hey to my son Ryder (7) and threw him a ball from about 40 feet away - my son caught it! Felix then pointed at him and said 'great catch little man'..... it was awesome. I know Felix is way past his prime, but man - what a good dude. He was there the longest during Fan Fest and for him to do random stuff like this is pretty awesome. My son obviously slept with the baseball last night.

Go M's.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:40 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:32 pm
Well, it will come down to how Walker does coming back after the surgery. Dipoto is still winning the trade but only because of unforeseeable circumstances. However, i think he undervalued Marte and his potential. He was basically a throw in with Walker being the main piece.

Marte was horrible his last season with us. JD has made a lot of mistakes but not sure how you can blame him for a guy that managed 1 HR in almost 500 PAs now hitting tape measure bombs. Walker is an FA after next season so the better hope his hits the mound pitching lights out.
Sure, i guess that was hard to see coming. I wonder if any of the trainers/coaches/scouts that they pay to develop and assess their players' skills had any inkling.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Millikin wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am
DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:40 pm
The Seahawks play on the same ground, so no curse. Just suckiness.
The Seahawks original logo is Native American inspired. They have appeased the noble spirit of Chief so and so.
I wonder if the Supersonics were part of the curse, then? They won a title but ended up in Oklahoma City, and if that's not a curse I don't know what is. They might want to name the new NHL franchise the Totems just in case.