Last night's draft picks
No votes

Total votes: 22

95Lives!

Re: Most disappointing thing about this season

Post by 95Lives! » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:40 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 pm
I am only talking about things that could impact us in the future so Bruce's BA or Felix's ERA or Beckham's errors notwithstanding.
I'm a bit disappointed they aren't losing more... I want them to have the number 1 draft pick for the next two years. 75 wins is far too many to achieve the number 1.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:03 am
If Kirby continues his K throwing (105 k to 6 bb?? something in that neighborhood) and sees his velocity go up a tick, he'll be a t25 prospect before he debuts at MLB level no doubt about it.
That’s a fairly big if, I can hope with the best of them, However to expect that 105/6 to hold in the big leagues is unlikely. That is bound to regress when he makes it to t-mobile. The idea that he can increase his velocity is possible. He is sitting 91-93 right now, That’s not exactly overwhelming Ace stuff. That screams regression when he faces a yankee lineup or the Astros. We shall see, I just don’t see what sexy sees

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:29 pm

The Astroknott wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:00 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
If Kirby continues his K throwing (105 k to 6 bb?? something in that neighborhood) and sees his velocity go up a tick, he'll be a t25 prospect before he debuts at MLB level no doubt about it.
That’s a fairly big if, I can hope with the best of them, However to expect that 105/6 to hold in the big leagues is unlikely. That is bound to regress when he makes it to t-mobile. The idea that he can increase his velocity is possible. He is sitting 91-93 right now, That’s not exactly overwhelming Ace stuff. That screams regression when he faces a yankee lineup or the Astros. We shall see, I just don’t see what sexy sees
Something is off with the "he throws 91-92 but can hit 98" Usually the disparity between typical and peak is 2-3 mph tops. Guessing its the latter unless they mean he can throw one pitch a game at 98.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm

95Lives! wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:40 am
D-train wrote:
I am only talking about things that could impact us in the future so Bruce's BA or Felix's ERA or Beckham's errors notwithstanding.
I'm a bit disappointed they aren't losing more... I want them to have the number 1 draft pick for the next two years. 75 wins is far too many to achieve the number 1.
The have been playing .250 baseball for a month and a half. At that pace we will easily have the number on pick in the bag by August.
dt

95Lives!

Post by 95Lives! » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm
95Lives! wrote:
D-train wrote:
The have been playing .250 baseball for a month and a half. At that pace we will easily have the number on pick in the bag by August.
As I contemplate our record...we did get 13 wins in the first 15 games....and only 12 or 13 now since....go big or go home!!!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:44 pm
95Lives! wrote:
D-train wrote:
Especially when EE, Leake, Gordon, Beckham, etc are traded.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm

The Astroknott wrote:
Vogelbomb wrote:
Not really. Strike throwing is a trait that doesn't go away. Provided the strike zone is umpired in the same fashion, he should continue to be a big time strike thrower. K numbers could regress a little but the low walk rate should remain

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm
The Astroknott wrote:
Vogelbomb wrote:
Not really. Strike throwing is a trait that doesn't go away. Provided the strike zone is umpired in the same fashion, he should continue to be a big time strike thrower. K numbers could regress a little but the low walk rate should remain
Perhaps but he could try to get too fine with better hitters.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Jerry has gone all in with his picks. This could make or break him. If these kids get stalled out and wash out...He is likely done

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:26 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm
The Astroknott wrote:
Vogelbomb wrote:
I don't think he's saying he'll keep the same ratio, but I think it's fair to say he can stay well above average with his K/BB ratio. Chris Sale is best all time with 5.33 K/BB. I think he can stay in the 4-5 range which would put him top 10 all time. Interesting that 7 of the top 9 are active players.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/lead ... reer.shtml
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez