Kyle Crew vs Matt Attack gamethread A's @ Mariners 8/3/2020

ddraig

Re: Kyle Crew vs Matt Attack gamethread A's @ Mariners 8/3/2020

Post by ddraig » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 am

Even in his grave and having been buried for 63 years, Oliver Hardy could hit better than V-Bach!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:20 am

Some of you should just stop watching the games until next season. You know whats going to happen. Servais is just a yes man for Dipoto. Dipoto obviously is playing the long game and has decided which guys are ready to have a chance this year, and which he thinks have more development in their camp in Tacoma. The bullpen stinks. Evan White is going to struggle for a bit (Kyle Lewis Struggled after his hot start last year as well). Mariners are going to lose more games than they win. When you realize that its reality, and take away expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is, at least I can.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 am

A lot of people complaining about Servais. Who is a good reliever on this team? They all stink. Grotz, Miesewicz, Shaw, Altavilla, Magill, Cortez, Altavilla, Williams, Edwards Jr, Ramirez, Margevecius, Swanson. Name which ones you trust. This is on Dipoto. He is the one deciding who is going to play and who is in Tacoma. Its not Servais.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Petert

Post by Petert » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:20 am
Some of you should just stop watching the games until next season. You know whats going to happen. Servais is just a yes man for Dipoto. Dipoto obviously is playing the long game and has decided which guys are ready to have a chance this year, and which he thinks have more development in their camp in Tacoma. The bullpen stinks. Evan White is going to struggle for a bit (Kyle Lewis Struggled after his hot start last year as well). Mariners are going to lose more games than they win. When you realize that its reality, and take away expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is, at least I can.
I’m enjoying this season immensely. As I said in a previous post, it’s exciting to watch the team’s future unfold. But I also enjoy roasting horrible performances by the ‘spare parts’ pickups brought in by the front office.

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:34 am

Juliooooo wrote:
The issue is... I think Servais is in it for the long haul.

So, I will continue to bitch with that in mind.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 am

I'm looking at it as extended spring training. Some exciting wins here and there would be cool, but I don't really care. Mainly I'm just watching individual players.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 am

Petert wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 am
Juliooooo wrote:
I’m enjoying this season immensely. As I said in a previous post, it’s exciting to watch the team’s future unfold. But I also enjoy roasting horrible performances by the ‘spare parts’ pickups brought in by the front office.
You can roast them. Shaw sucks balls. Servais had 4 1/3 innings left in the game. Ramirez, Swanson and Miesewicz weren't available (I don't think they are having any relievers pitch back to back). He gave Sheffield a chance to get himself out of a jam, and he didn't. With Graveman, apparently there was an injury and thats why he wasn't left in, and again, he had over 4 innings to cover with the bullpen. He's in a no win situation with this bullpen as shitty as it is. And again, he's really a dipoto yes man. Any ire toward him should be directed toward dipoto.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:39 am

Millikin wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:35 am
I'm looking at it as extended spring training. Some exciting wins here and there would be cool, but I don't really care. Mainly I'm just watching individual players.
Same here. I want to see Lewis, White, Nola, Crawford, Shed, all the Starting pitchers, and even Moore and Lopes. Don't really care too much about anyone in the pen except Ramirez. Swansons uptick in velo has caught my eye and Williams is getting more and more interesting as well.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 am

If the Mariners lose their next three games they'll be back on pace for 17 wins and I'll be on track for that $50,000 prize! I like my chances.

Petert

Post by Petert » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:54 am

Slightly O/T, but has anyone else noticed that the ‘bushy beard/hobo hillbilly’ look has gone away, much like the ‘pajama’ uniform pants ?
Last edited by Petert on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:52 am, edited 4 times in total.