Position Prospects

Hanjag

Position Prospects

Post by Hanjag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am

Kelenic and JRod are elite
White and Lewis have been disappointments but have tools
MLB ready Shed Long Braden Bishop
Kids Marte and Querecuto
Mixed group Call Raleigh, DTW, Jake Fraley.

I imagine 1 or 2 players will be top 30 but I am not too high on the draft picks for position players.

D-train

Re: Position Prospects

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:20 pm

Basically we have Kelenic, JRod and Fraley, the rest are huge ?????s
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Marte is off to a great start though. .375/1.010 in 24 ABs. btw he was not yet born when we last made the playoffs.......

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2019/ALL
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:07 pm

Kelenic and J Rod have the most potential. Kelenic is proving he is the real deal. Jrod as well, but small sample size. He should be back in the lineup probably today. Long and Bishop are MLB players, but not high impact guys. Fraley looks to be the real deal. Crushing it in a pitcher friendly league. Im looking forward to see what he can do with the juiced ball in Tacoma.

Kyle Lewis and Evan White are both heating up. Let's see if it's a turn around or a flash on the pan.

DTW had gone ice cold. Raleigh has been meh in a hitter friendly league. McGovern, who hit well last year, had started off hot after coming back from injury. Let's see if he keeps it up with time and as he moves to higher leagues.

Then there are the infielders without power. Walton, Cowan, Mariscal, Rizzo. all hitting pretty good, but none stand out for any outstanding physical trait. Walton leads the way with 7 HR and they have 15 HR combined.

Marte we'll see. Good start though. Hoping he's the 3B by 2023. May end up CF or 2B though.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Can't fathom why they don't promote Fraley. Tacoma's OF last night was Brugman, Miller and Andreoli. If the MLBPA decided to go on strike those three probably couldn't even make the scab team.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:31 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Can't fathom why they don't promote Fraley. Tacoma's OF last night was Brugman, Miller and Andreoli. If the MLBPA decided to go on strike those three probably couldn't even make the scab team.
Im sure they have their reasons, but I am struggling to come up with anything.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:35 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:31 pm
D-train wrote:
I think I would have let JK have at least another few weeks in WV and they promoted him to High A at 19yo. But they hold Fraley who is 24 years old back despite an almost 1.000 OPS in a pitching league.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:35 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:31 pm
D-train wrote:
I think I would have let JK have at least another few weeks in WV and they promoted him to High A at 19yo. But they hold Fraley who is 24 years old back despite an almost 1.000 OPS in a pitching league.
Mitch Canham runs the best development in the minor league system.... better to have our top guys working there (until they are ready) than Tacoma.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:08 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:42 pm
Mitch Canham runs the best development in the minor league system.... better to have our top guys working there (until they are ready) than Tacoma.
Well then give him Justus.

ice99

Post by ice99 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Fraley hit a couple hrs today.