Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:36 pm
What in the FUCK is wrong with your phone Terry. I feel like I am trying to get hold of my Parents.
It's in the shop...

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 am

White officers shouldn't shoot a black man in the back. Or anyone in the back. I saw the video... and I saw Jacob Blake just walk away and get into his SUV. I realize the bells & whistles that must have set off. But c'mon, tackle and taze the guy. Where's your training??? Or follow the guy and arrest him later. Any sane person could have seen that something was seriously wrong there. I will miss tonight's game. Dammit, I wanted to see how our young guys could hold up against this ace.
DMM

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:45 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 am
White officers shouldn't shoot a black man in the back. Or anyone in the back. I saw the video... and I saw Jacob Blake just walk away and get into his SUV. I realize the bells & whistles that must have set off. But c'mon, tackle and taze the guy. Where's your training??? Or follow the guy and arrest him later. Any sane person could have seen that something was seriously wrong there. I will miss tonight's game. Dammit, I wanted to see how our young guys could hold up against this ace.
Your missing a huge point in all this. It ain’t about cancelling a game to protest or a young man walking to his car

You want to live when a cop pulls you over than......

Stop breaking the fucking law

Do what they say. So you go to jail and then you get out..............

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
James, do you think those officers decided to shoot him because his skin was black?
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 am
Double Mocha Man wrote:
James, do you think those officers decided to shoot him because his skin was black?
No. And that's why I said "Or anyone in the back". But I can see why there could be protests across professional sports. We are in different times.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:51 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:45 am
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Your missing a huge point in all this. It ain’t about cancelling a game to protest or a young man walking to his car

You want to live when a cop pulls you over than......

Stop breaking the fucking law

Do what they say. So you go to jail and then you get out..............
I agree. But officers don't get to be judge, jury and hangman in this type of confrontation. What if that were your white son who is just a little too obstinate for his britches???
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:50 am
D-train wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:47 am
Double Mocha Man wrote:
No. And that's why I said "Or anyone in the back". But I can see why there could be protests across professional sports. We are in different times.
https://twitter.com/w_terrence/status/1 ... 9096461312
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:57 am

Far more white kids get killed by cops than black kids......

I taught my kids to never run from a cop....I have 3 grown adult men and 3 grandchildren and you know what...

I’m gonna tell them to not break the fucking law

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:02 am

Hey, when I get pulled over I always ask, "How 'bout them Mariners?" I am deferential... I am respectful. I converse... I don't fight. I may have been speeding or they might have followed me from a bar on a hunch. They are always wrong... I test out okay. I almost always get waved on. So I get what you are saying but I don't think kids today are of that mind set. For better or worse officers need to adapt... it is not 1990.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:05 am

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:57 am
Far more white kids get killed by cops than black kids......
Demographically there are more white kids than black kids. But percentage wise it is disproportionate. But I think in the black culture, if a parent is not doing the teaching, their peers say, Fuck the cops, don't listen to them. Which leads to issues such as this one. But still, the officers still need to use some good judgement.
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMM