Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

DavidGee24

Re: Gamethread... M's v Padres.... Dipoto showcases trade chip

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:06 am

Too bad we didn't already get rid of Gordon, we could be enjoying the game tonight. Bad enough he sucks, now he coerces the team into not playing which will solve absolutely nothing except make Gordon look like the hero he's trying too hard to be.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:07 am

God damn, athletes are idiotic saps.

Maybe instead of getting mad about "police brutality," get mad about a guy getting himself shot by doing everything wrong.

Hey violent wanted criminals, I have a tip for you:. When the cops are telling you to stop, when they've already tased you, maybe don't ignore them and reach into your car.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:16 am

A warrant for Jacob Blake's arrest was issued against Jacob Blake, but it's unclear if police were aware of it when they shot the 29-year-old Black man on Sunday.

Prosecutors in Kenosha County, Wisconsin charged Blake, 29, with third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse last month, according to The Kenosha News. An arrest warrant for Blake was issued on July 6.
Police used a taser to try to stop Jacob Blake before a single officer fired his weapon seven times and injured him, Wisconsin state investigators said on Wednesday.

Blake appears to have told officers that he had a knife in his possession, the DCI said. Investigators later "recovered a knife from the driver's side floorboard" of Blake's vehicle and no other weapons were found, the agency said.

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:20 am

The problem here is the use of excessive force. Cops don't need to shoot a guy 7 times in the back at point blank range.

Yes, I agree but here is the key question. Did they shoot him 7 times because he was black and would they have shot him less times if he was white. I think I know the answer but I will never be sure and I don't even think the shooter will ever fully know.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:26 am

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:20 am
The problem here is the use of excessive force. Cops don't need to shoot a guy 7 times in the back at point blank range.
Three questions. If he was only shot once or twice, would this happen anyway? If he wasn't shot and grabbed the knife or the gun he was possibly be going for and killed the cops or the kids, would this happen? If he was white, would this happen?

I wonder how long without sports before even people like us realize we don't need it?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 am

Did anyone watch the video of Malik McDowell ragdolling cops in a convenience store awhile back? AFTER he was tased? This fantasy people have from watching tasers on television is bizarre. They don't work, and didn't work here.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:33 am

BaseHitDerby wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:20 am
And I think it's excessive force that springs out of a mindset that says, "How dare you disobey me!" I know, personally, my first reaction would be anger. But that's the exact point where officers need to stop and think, "Okay, let's look at the big picture here." But maybe we're not hiring guys that can think through a situation. They are reactors. Proper training can bring them to a point where they can quickly think through a situation. And "quickly" is crucial. Some people, going for a gun (not a knife) need to be shot.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:36 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 am
Did anyone watch the video of Malik McDowell ragdolling cops in a convenience store awhile back? AFTER he was tased? This fantasy people have from watching tasers on television is bizarre. They don't work, and didn't work here.
There's a lot more going on with McDowell than ATV issues...

What about rubber bullets, flash-bangs, tear gas??? Stop the guy in his tracks. I know, that's a lot to be dealing with in the moment... maybe have one of them at the ready when the situation goes sideways...
DMM

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:54 am

Bunch of stupidass pussies.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:58 am

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 am
White officers shouldn't shoot a black man in the back. Or anyone in the back. I saw the video... and I saw Jacob Blake just walk away and get into his SUV. I realize the bells & whistles that must have set off. But c'mon, tackle and taze the guy. Where's your training??? Or follow the guy and arrest him later. Any sane person could have seen that something was seriously wrong there. I will miss tonight's game. Dammit, I wanted to see how our young guys could hold up against this ace.
Good God you're a clueless idiot.