Minor League Updates

Donn Beach

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:29 am

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 am

Another article that disproved the comment you made about how he has "he has been pitching pretty well lately" where's the slow clap emoticon?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:54 am

yeah, I had read that before and thought he was pitching better so i was surprised at the idea of sending him down, so sue me. Happy to put up any article, if he is still struggling that's unfortunate

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 am

Never trade with the Yankees. Cashman loves unloading overhyped players in his farm system. He isn't dumb, like the Mets' GM.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 am

we speaking about Montero or Sheffield?...remember all the hand wringing he did over Montero going down as his worst trade...

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 am
we speaking about Montero or Sheffield?...remember all the hand wringing he did over Montero going down as his worst trade...
That must have been within a year or less of the trade. Maybe he really thought Montero was something special with the bat but I doubt he regarded him as someone with a place on a team other than DH. He probably had some kind of inkling that he was a bit of a head case as well.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:07 am

I see you addressed all this in the other thread. Nothing knew in my comments really. Just wish we would stop trading with Cashman.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:16 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:57 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:53 am
That must have been within a year or less of the trade. Maybe he really thought Montero was something special with the bat but I doubt he regarded him as someone with a place on a team other than DH. He probably had some kind of inkling that he was a bit of a head case as well.

he made the comment at the time of the trade I believe, tried to look but don't want to spend too much time at it. At the news conference, he called Montero the best player he had ever traded, and at the time that seemed reasonable, he was concerned about it going down as a huge blunder. And in fact it was viewed that with Pinero needing the surgery, '"This is a massive decision gone wrong right now,' Cashman told ESPNNewYork.com on Friday. 'So all scrutiny is fair.'" I never get tired of discussing that trade, it really is fascinating on so many levels, a cautionary tale of scouting and trading

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:26 am

Well, he might have been trying to create an appearance with those remarks, to make it seem like he was really high on Montero. Personally, I don't trust Cashman. I think he was hip to Montero's PED use. Didn't he hook up with ARod's supplier after he met him while he was doing a rehab stint with their AAA team?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:39 am

yeah, that is an interesting aspect, though i don't know about the peds, i was thinking more his work ethic, he had figured that out as a red light