Seattle Mariners Farm System Ranked....

DavidGee24

Re: Seattle Mariners Farm System Ranked....

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:20 pm
Julio and Gilbert?
Oh yeah, and Julio. Definitely Julio.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:38 pm

Gilbert has been phenomenal.

2.06 ERA 91 Ks in 70 innings 14 walks .96 WHIP

He should make his debut late next season and be in the 2021 rotation with at least #2 starter potential.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Man that is very exciting!

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:04 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:09 am
Top 5 Baby! I know it's the BleachercReport, but they're site has improved slightly over the past couple of years.

5. SEATTLE MARINERS

The Seattle Mariners checked in at No. 29 in our post-draft farm system rankings last season.

What a difference a year makes.

Jarred Kelenic (1), Justin Dunn (3), Justus Sheffield (5), Shed Long (10), Erik Swanson and Dom Thompson-Williams all joined the organization 1.via trade, while 2018 first-round pick Logan Gilbert has taken a major step forward in his first full pro season.

Shortstop Noelvi Marte nabbed a $1.55 million bonus during the 2018 international signing period, and he's off to a hot start in the Dominican Summer League. The M's aggressively promoted Julio Rodriguez after signing him in 2017, and they could take a similar approach with the talented Marte.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndicatio ... t.amp.html
Not a bad write-up but it lacks a bit M's farm expertise.
1. Via trade he mentions most of the names but leaving Fraley off vs DTW is silly. Bautista probably should have got a mention as well. probably the return of Juan Then.

1. OF Jarred Kelenic A+ Top 50 (Kelenic top 25)
2. OF Julio Rodriguez A Top 50
3. RHP Justin Dunn AA Top 100
4. RHP Logan Gilbert A+ Top 100
5. LHP Justus Sheffield AAA Top 100
6. 1B Evan White AA 2 (White is a top 100)
7. SS Noelvi Marte ROK 3
8. RHP George Kirby DRAFT 3
9. OF Kyle Lewis AA 3
10. 2B Shed Long MLB 3

3. After the # rank, player position, Name, comes tier ?
He has top 25,50, 100 coinciding with some top 100 list. But Juan Then he has tier 2, and 3?
From the author:

Tier 1/Top 100 Prospects: Prospects who have elite skill sets and All-Star potential. This is the cream of the prospect crop. These players are identified by where they will fall in our updated top-100 prospect update, which will be released next week.
Tier 2: Prospects who have a good chance of becoming impact MLB contributors. These are the guys who were in consideration for spots on the leaguewide top-100 list and could eventually end up there.
Tier 3: Prospects who profile as fringe MLB contributors or young players who are still too raw to project any higher. This tier represents the bulk of prospects around baseball, though more than a few are capable of climbing to the next tier.

I would probably have Fraley as at least a tier 2 under this system. So, some minor bitching and moaning but not bad overall. Oh, and one of my pet peeves was avoided and that would have been to have each team on a 30 team slideshow with the next arrow in confusing spots to make you click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, :evil:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am

actually i am not that worried about Sheffield, his arm seems fine, if there as a loss of velocity or something that be a lot more concerning to me. Yeah, he came unglued but they will glue him back up again. It could even be beneficial in the end, who knows, overcoming some adversity

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am
actually i am not that worried about Sheffield, his arm seems fine, if there as a loss of velocity or something that be a lot more concerning to me. Yeah, he came unglued but they will glue him back up again. It could even be beneficial in the end, who knows, overcoming some adversity
Yeah. if he can get some control, he could be a pretty good SP. Walks have killed him this year.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:36 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:38 pm
Gilbert has been phenomenal.

2.06 ERA 91 Ks in 70 innings 14 walks .96 WHIP

He should make his debut late next season and be in the 2021 rotation with at least #2 starter potential.
I wasn't aware of that, that is good news. And Juan Then has pitched well too, maybe he isn't a schmuck after all.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:03 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:32 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:05 am
Yeah. if he can get some control, he could be a pretty good SP. Walks have killed him this year.
yea, saw you made a similar observation in the other thread...for some reason his concentration came apart, that i what i think it was, really no reason why it can't be fixed

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 pm
I'd feel a lot better about it if Sheffield hadn't regressed and been demoted and if Swanson hadn't looked like crap when they called him up to the bigs.
Seriously?? I guess you would have dumped on Edgar because he didn't stick the first time he hit the majors or about 95% of all MLB players who were promoted/demoted several times before figuring it out