M's franchise history as a sandwich

D-train

Re: M's franchise history as a sandwich

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 pm

roosevelt wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm
The M's are a bologna sandwich with white Wonder bread and Miracle Whip.
With Kraft single slice of rubbery American Cheese. They need to rename that cheese. There is nothing American about it.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:11 pm

In 2000, I was working at 2nd and Seneca building on the 11th floor. There was actually a large outdoor patio so I invited the whole family down to watch it. Quite a sight. Unfortunately the small fortune I had amassed trading stocks during the internet bubble also imploded the following week. I lost $50k+ three days in a row. :( Thankfully I had already pulled out about $300k to pay off all debt and buy a new car and a house but painful nonetheless.
You must have been invested in technology stocks as I was. One of my stocks doubled in the prior year and I skimmed off $10,000 to fly two old friends to Pebble Beach. I was having coffee and a smoked salmon omelette, prior to a round of golf, relaxing in the restaurant overlooking the 18th hole, when I picked up the financial section of USA Today to see the first dropoff of those 3 days.
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Well, it ain't no steak sandwich. "Where's the beef?"
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:24 pm
D-train wrote:

In 2000, I was working at 2nd and Seneca building on the 11th floor. There was actually a large outdoor patio so I invited the whole family down to watch it. Quite a sight. Unfortunately the small fortune I had amassed trading stocks during the internet bubble also imploded the following week. I lost $50k+ three days in a row. :( Thankfully I had already pulled out about $300k to pay off all debt and buy a new car and a house but painful nonetheless.
You must have been invested in technology stocks as I was. One of my stocks doubled in the prior year and I skimmed off $10,000 to fly two old friends to Pebble Beach. I was having coffee and a smoked salmon omelette, prior to a round of golf, relaxing in the restaurant overlooking the 18th hole, when I picked up the financial section of USA Today to see the first dropoff of those 3 days.
Yep, mainly internets stocks. They would IPO at really high levels but then during a 3 week quiet period they would tank but back to normal levels where I would by and hold for about a week. After the quiet period analysts would come out with strong buy and buy ratings and they would sky rocket every time. Also bought 7k shares of company called Optibase (Obas) at $14 a share and it went to $45 in a few months. Turned $3500 into $597k in 6 months doing that. I even named a new puppy Obas but we called him Obie. lol

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/OBAS#ey ... FydCJ9fX19
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:16 am

roosevelt wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:25 pm
The M's are a bologna sandwich with white Wonder bread and Miracle Whip.
Hey ! A fried bologna sandwich with mayo and mustard (!) and some Mama Lils peppers on a good rye (go to George’s Delibon Madison) can be transcendental if you get the proportions right.

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:20 am

D-train wrote:
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:51 am
Can we do this thread over..but compare the franchise to beer..?
If so there is only 1 "most correct" answer...SCHMIDT LAGER.
Just like the Mariners, no other PNW product ever triggered the vomit reflex more often than Schmidt Lager.
BTW..what brand was in those "KINGDOME BEERS"...?
It's been 19 years since we blew up the Kingdome. Some of my greatest baseball memories come from from those simple days when catching a game when traffic was bad on a Friday night was easy as pie and cheap.
Which building ? Dexter Horton ? Or the one across the street that housed Bakeman’s (and their xlnt potato salad) in the basement ? DH was my home from 2006-2009.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:29 am

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Also bought 7k shares of company called Optibase (Obas) at $14 a share and it went to $45 in a few months. Turned $3500 into $597k in 6 months doing that. I even named a new puppy Obas but we called him Obie. lol

Funny. That stock is trading at $12.63 today. Years ago I had a friend here in Bellingham working as a barista at Place II (Nordstrom's). Another friend, a stockbroker, recommended she buy Microsoft stock. She retired at 27. She was a smart cookie. Most 25 year olds are investing in the next beer... she invested in (the right) stocks. She knew nothing about the stock market but trusted Greg.
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 am

Petert wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:20 am
D-train wrote:
Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:51 am
Can we do this thread over..but compare the franchise to beer..?
If so there is only 1 "most correct" answer...SCHMIDT LAGER.
Just like the Mariners, no other PNW product ever triggered the vomit reflex more often than Schmidt Lager.
BTW..what brand was in those "KINGDOME BEERS"...?
It's been 19 years since we blew up the Kingdome. Some of my greatest baseball memories come from from those simple days when catching a game when traffic was bad on a Friday night was easy as pie and cheap.
Which building ? Dexter Horton ? Or the one across the street that housed Bakeman’s (and their xlnt potato salad) in the basement ? DH was my home from 2006-2009.
The second and Seneca building with the green dome often referred to the "Ban Roll On" building. I was up there for earthquake in early 2000 and the whole building rocked as it was designed to do but I thought it was all over.

I used to go to lunch with my ex gf at Bakemen's. I am now at Spring and Western.
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:44 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 am
Petert wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:20 am
D-train wrote:

The second and Seneca building with the green dome often referred to the "Ban Roll On" building. I was up there for earthquake in early 2000 and the whole building rocked as it was designed to do but I thought it was all over.

I used to go to lunch with my ex gf at Bakemen's. I am now at Spring and Western.
Ah, ok. I had a BF there. I was thinking of 2nd & Cherry.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:48 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:35 am
I was up there for earthquake in early 2000 and the whole building rocked as it was designed to do but I thought it was all over.

I was in my office in a 14 story building in Bellingham (9th floor) when the Nisqually earthquake hit. It was like riding on top of a bowl of jello. I swear the building moved 2 feet at my level. Probably closer to 1 foot. Oh, and one of the few buildings to have a 13th floor! They had a great lounge on the 14th floor.
Attachments
bt.jpg
bt.jpg (88.85 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
Last edited by Double Mocha Man on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMM