Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:17 am

AZOldDawg wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:06 am
I like Suzuki but think we need another right handed bat. I would see if we could deal for Acuna or either Lopez or Walls I would be static. I could handle Cazone and Arroyo at DH
lol so when you get you age you get static instead of ecstatic?? :)

Lopez is a possibility but Walls is Brendan Ryan and Acuna isn't getting traded....
dt

Big_Maple
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by Big_Maple » Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 am

D-train wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:58 pm

WNice job!! Really well researched and well done. I think that team could get us back to the playoffs for sure.

But just a couple unforced errors takes it from and A to an A-. :) One pretty major and one minor.

In what world is Raley and his 0.0 WAR and .723 OPS (.441 from June 1st on) and is still on the 60 day IL a starter and Canzone and his 2.7 WAR and .820 OPS on the Bench.

Also there is negative infinity chance Weston Wilson and his horrid D and pathetic bat are on this team. -0.7 WAR and a pathetic .589 OPS.

Other than that though it is great!
I agree with your feedback. I considered replacing Raley with another free agent, but I kind of thought they would only make one splash a free agent move this off-season. Possibly a trade for one of the starters, but I hadn’t thought that far out.

Donn Beach
Posts: 21142
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:45 am

Big_Maple wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:58 pm

WNice job!! Really well researched and well done. I think that team could get us back to the playoffs for sure.

But just a couple unforced errors takes it from and A to an A-. :) One pretty major and one minor.

In what world is Raley and his 0.0 WAR and .723 OPS (.441 from June 1st on) and is still on the 60 day IL a starter and Canzone and his 2.7 WAR and .820 OPS on the Bench.

Also there is negative infinity chance Weston Wilson and his horrid D and pathetic bat are on this team. -0.7 WAR and a pathetic .589 OPS.

Other than that though it is great!
I agree with your feedback. I considered replacing Raley with another free agent, but I kind of thought they would only make one splash a free agent move this off-season. Possibly a trade for one of the starters, but I hadn’t thought that far out.
For a number of reasons I don't think there's much hope of a splash FA this off season. First the market is thin, and the impact of the labor dispute. A trade is more likely

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:49 am

Big_Maple wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:58 pm

WNice job!! Really well researched and well done. I think that team could get us back to the playoffs for sure.

But just a couple unforced errors takes it from and A to an A-. :) One pretty major and one minor.

In what world is Raley and his 0.0 WAR and .723 OPS (.441 from June 1st on) and is still on the 60 day IL a starter and Canzone and his 2.7 WAR and .820 OPS on the Bench.

Also there is negative infinity chance Weston Wilson and his horrid D and pathetic bat are on this team. -0.7 WAR and a pathetic .589 OPS.

Other than that though it is great!
I agree with your feedback. I considered replacing Raley with another free agent, but I kind of thought they would only make one splash a free agent move this off-season. Possibly a trade for one of the starters, but I hadn’t thought that far out.
Just put Dom in the starting lineup and send Weston to Jupiter and its fine. They will non tender Luke...
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:06 am

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:45 am
Big_Maple wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 am
D-train wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:58 pm

WNice job!! Really well researched and well done. I think that team could get us back to the playoffs for sure.

But just a couple unforced errors takes it from and A to an A-. :) One pretty major and one minor.

In what world is Raley and his 0.0 WAR and .723 OPS (.441 from June 1st on) and is still on the 60 day IL a starter and Canzone and his 2.7 WAR and .820 OPS on the Bench.

Also there is negative infinity chance Weston Wilson and his horrid D and pathetic bat are on this team. -0.7 WAR and a pathetic .589 OPS.

Other than that though it is great!
I agree with your feedback. I considered replacing Raley with another free agent, but I kind of thought they would only make one splash a free agent move this off-season. Possibly a trade for one of the starters, but I hadn’t thought that far out.
For a number of reasons I don't think there's much hope of a splash FA this off season. First the market is thin, and the impact of the labor dispute. A trade is more likely
Unless the FA wants to get a deal done before the lock out to eliminate the mad scramble and uncertainty after it is over....
dt

Donn Beach
Posts: 21142
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:15 am

Exactly, the major name ones will probably get done fast. I don't see the mariners operating that way. They did with Naylor but that was pretty unique. For one thing they should probably get their manager figured out first, that is if they are serious about outside voices

Big_Maple
Posts: 2235
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by Big_Maple » Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:31 am

harmony wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:18 pm
Do the Mariners non-tender these reilievers (with projected 2027 arbitration salaries)?

Jose A. Ferrer $1.6 million
Eduard Bazardo $1.5 million
Cooper Criswell $900,000
Carlos Vargas $800,000
Michael Rucker $800,000

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2026/10/ ... -2027.html
Good question.

I haven’t thought a lot about the bullpen…I rarely do until they blow a game.

I’d say non-tender Rucker. He has a seasonal and career negative WAR.

My gut says non/tender Bazardo, but this is just based on my personal bias - it feels like he loses a game and gives up big hits every time I watch a game where he relieves. I know this isn’t true, and I know he has good stuff and isn’t being leveraged properly. But I can’t get the image of him giving up the game winning homer to lose the ALCS. But yeah - go ahead and keep them all but Rucker (still not willing to do the math to see how this impacts my plan or the 40 man roster!)

User avatar
GL_Storm
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by GL_Storm » Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:49 am

The major league minimum is $780,000. That will probably go up under the new CBA.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:17 am

Donn Beach wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:15 am
Exactly, the major name ones will probably get done fast. I don't see the mariners operating that way. They did with Naylor but that was pretty unique. For one thing they should probably get their manager figured out first, that is if they are serious about outside voices
Agree regarding the M's. Manager search might stretch into November...
dt

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 83321
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:19 am

Big_Maple wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:31 am
harmony wrote: ↑
Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:18 pm
Do the Mariners non-tender these reilievers (with projected 2027 arbitration salaries)?

Jose A. Ferrer $1.6 million
Eduard Bazardo $1.5 million
Cooper Criswell $900,000
Carlos Vargas $800,000
Michael Rucker $800,000

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2026/10/ ... -2027.html
Good question.

I haven’t thought a lot about the bullpen…I rarely do until they blow a game.

I’d say non-tender Rucker. He has a seasonal and career negative WAR.

My gut says non/tender Bazardo, but this is just based on my personal bias - it feels like he loses a game and gives up big hits every time I watch a game where he relieves. I know this isn’t true, and I know he has good stuff and isn’t being leveraged properly. But I can’t get the image of him giving up the game winning homer to lose the ALCS. But yeah - go ahead and keep them all but Rucker (still not willing to do the math to see how this impacts my plan or the 40 man roster!)
Yep that is what they will do.
dt

Post Reply