Pepe Le Pew's favorite pitcher game thread

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Pepe Le Pew's favorite pitcher game thread

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun May 19, 2019 2:17 pm

tbear44 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:39 am
WTH? Take out the garbage come back and it's 5-0? Dammmmmit. Twinks cruisin'.
You left the stinkiest garbage in the house...........

95Lives!

Post by 95Lives! » Sun May 19, 2019 4:03 pm

LeBlanc threw an 86 MPH fastball.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Greatest M's Fan wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:18 pm
That is one of the worst veteran starting rotations over the past 30 years. Just plain terrible.
One of the worst of the last 30 years? While the other two spots are stinkers, Marco is above-average, Kikuchi is above-average, and Leake is pretty much the definition of average. There are several rotations in the majors this year that are worse than ours. You might want to actually read about other teams sometime.

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sun May 19, 2019 5:11 pm

tbear44 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:39 am
WTH? Take out the garbage come back and it's 5-0? Dammmmmit. Twinks cruisin'.
That’ll be a lesson to ya, next time, take out the garbage After the game!

🤨

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:11 pm
Greatest M's Fan wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 1:18 pm
That is one of the worst veteran starting rotations over the past 30 years. Just plain terrible.
One of the worst of the last 30 years? While the other two spots are stinkers, Marco is above-average, Kikuchi is above-average, and Leake is pretty much the definition of average. There are several rotations in the majors this year that are worse than ours. You might want to actually read about other teams sometime.
This is a Trash-Ass VETERAN rotation packed with marshmallow arms who aren't even decent, mediocre at BEST as a collection. And I didn't compare them to other YOUNG, rebuilding rotations around the league, I compared them to experienced staffs. This clearly is NOT a YOUNG staff.

Marco is NOT above average, he's a 4th starter on a real team. Leake is a #5 or a mop-up guy, he's mediocre. Kikuchi is a #3, and they really didn't need to sign him because the rest of the rotation is abysmal. LeBlanc? Seriously, this is their savior? Good grief. People blame the bullpen, this rotation is pure silliness.

Guys on here are over hyping Marco to justify the trade & hoping O'Neill never blossoms. Marco is NOT that magical, he is just a guy. Those same homers are calling LeBlanc "Moyer" just because he is LH & throws soft. LeBlanc is NOT good.

This franchise went into the season still trotting the Queen out there every 5 days along with Ichiro in the OF, that should tell everybody about this organization..... they are NOT ready to win. Queen should've been in the bullpen from day 1.

They need a lot of new players ASAP. Marco & Hanigar should've been moved for a package of young players while they had top value. Now they're just average players on an increasingly awful team.

Go ahead & keep over hyping their players while watching the Twins trounce them at home 18-4. Keep on waiting for Seager to come in & somehow save the day. Seager.... a guy who is accustomed to losing & has contributed mightily to the losing Seattle baseball atmosphere is miraculously going to improve the team. Sure. Keep on waiting for the Queen to "turn it around". Gimme a break, I'll stick to reality.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 am

Over the last 30 years there have been almost 900 starting rotations. Somewhere between 200 and 300 of them have been worse than the 2019 Seattle Mariners. It's been a few and possibly several years since the Baltimore Orioles themselves have had a better rotation than the 2019 Seattle Mariners.

Your average MLB starter has an ERA of just over four. Marco and Kukuchi are well below that and Leake is right there. It's our four and five slots that suck.

Sorry bud, but facts are facts.

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Mon May 20, 2019 12:30 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 am
Over the last 30 years there have been almost 900 starting rotations. Somewhere between 200 and 300 of them have been worse than the 2019 Seattle Mariners. It's been a few years since the Baltimore Orioles themselves have had a better rotation than the 2019 Seattle Mariners.

Your average MLB starter has an ERA of just over four. Marco and Kukuchi are well below that and Leake is right there.

So are you Livesmatter? I ask because that's the sort of thing he posts, even after being disproven.
It seemed a bit too coherent to be Livesmatter. I'm trying to recall, who used a lot of ampersands back on ST forums?

By the way, in case anyone's wondering, I was John Cloggart back on ST forums. And before that I was Jack Heep. And before that I was Uriah Heep. And before that I was Ghost of Forum's Past. And before that I was ....

... Jack Merridew!

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:14 am
Over the last 30 years there have been almost 900 starting rotations. Somewhere between 200 and 300 of them have been worse than the 2019 Seattle Mariners. It's been a few and possibly several years since the Baltimore Orioles themselves have had a better rotation than the 2019 Seattle Mariners.

Your average MLB starter has an ERA of just over four. Marco and Kukuchi are well below that and Leake is right there. It's our four and five slots that suck.

Sorry bud, but facts are facts.
OK Bud, the facts are you think this complete shitpile of a starting rotation is A-Ok. Well, the real facts are.... it isnt. This rotation is so great, the M's routinely get their asses stomped by 12 runs.

Kikuchi just recently got his ERA below 4 & before that he was being trashed on the other forum. Marco is one more bad start away from going over & staying over 4. Leake? We all know that guy will finish closer to 5 than 4, to go right along with his atrocious WHIP.

Speaking of terrible pitchers, they still have a spot they handed to LeBlanc who isn't even a journeyman, plus the washed-up Queen & all the other Bob Wells filler types.

This rotation is pure trash. Go ahead & keep having fun watching nobody crack 88 mph in any start except Kikuchi & then blame the bullpen when they can't put out the fire left by the below average starter (Queen, Swanson, LeBlanc, Leake) & the average guy like Marco.

Simple question: how many times have the M's been beaten by just average starters? It's happened a lot the last 30 games, perhaps those average pitchers are better than ours?

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm

Greatest M's Fan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 am
OK Bud, the facts are you think this complete shitpile of a starting rotation is A-Ok. Well, the real facts are.... it isnt. This rotation is so great, the M's routinely get their asses stomped by 12 runs.

Kikuchi just recently got his ERA below 4 & before that he was being trashed on the other forum. Marco is one more bad start away from going over & staying over 4. Leake? We all know that guy will finish closer to 5 than 4, to go right along with his atrocious WHIP.
Sorry man, but I don't seem to recall us debating whether or not the starting rotation is A-OK, but rather whether or not this is one of the worst starting rotations of the past 30 years. I don't think the rotation is A-OK and I don't see where that was even implied. But if you really want to continue your discussion with the straw man, go right ahead.

A lot of starting pitchers are "one bad start" away from having an ERA over four. Blake Snell is "one bad start" from having an ERA over four. You know, the guy who won the Cy Young Award last year. Also, a lot of starting pitchers "just had ERAs" over four. Chris Sale not too long ago had an ERA over seven. You know, one of the best pitchers in the game. As for Leake, his career ERA is 4.02 and his season ERA is 4.00. We'll just to wait and see with him.

Most of these beatings are as a result of the four/five spots in the rotation combined with some of the worst relief pitching we've ever seen.

Anything else? I think we're at the point where you lost the game in a blowout hours ago, the scoreboard and lights have been turned off, but you're still out there wearing only your jockstrap pretending to throw pitches. It's over, bud. Go home.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 am

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:02 pm
Greatest M's Fan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:31 am

Sorry man, but I don't seem to recall us debating whether or not the starting rotation is A-OK, but rather whether or not this is one of the worst starting rotations of the past 30 years. I don't think the rotation is A-OK and I don't see where that was even implied. But if you really want to continue your discussion with the straw man, go right ahead.

A lot of starting pitchers are "one bad start" away from having an ERA over four. Blake Snell is "one bad start" from having an ERA over four. You know, the guy who won the Cy Young Award last year. Also, a lot of starting pitchers "just had ERAs" over four. Chris Sale not too long ago had an ERA over seven. You know, one of the best pitchers in the game. As for Leake, his career ERA is 4.02 and his season ERA is 4.00. We'll just to wait and see with him.

Most of these beatings are as a result of the four/five spots in the rotation combined with some of the worst relief pitching we've ever seen.

Anything else? I think we're at the point where you lost the game in a blowout hours ago, the scoreboard and lights have been turned off, but you're still out there wearing only your jockstrap pretending to throw pitches. It's over, bud. Go home.
OK bud. Baseball genius. Your boy Leake got his ass stomped again. Comparing Leake to Blake Snell or an obviously injured Chris Sale is asinine. You take a phrase "worst rotation in 30 years" which is clearly partially exaggerated and/or specific to the MARINERS & run with it because somebody is trashing your less than mediocre heroes. Newsflash for you Bud, you're not the baseball god you think you are. You ass hurts because I guarantee you've labeled scrubs like Leake & LeBlanc as actual good starting pitchers when they suck ass.