Boom! Astros get ASS JAMMED by MLB

D-train

Re: Boom! Astros get ASS JAMMED by MLB

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:06 pm
Bil522 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:38 pm
Umm they got a World Series ring....for a year off wouldn't you wish the M's had the balls to do the same thing?
Nope I definately wouldn't. Everytime that their World Series win gets brought up it's going to be tainted just like Bonds homerun record.
Best case it will be almost a 50 year wait for me and others. I want that WS title to be pure as the driven snow.
dt

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Astros fired both of them. I'm thinking that is pretty much gonna force the Sox to axe Cora once his discipline gets handed down, but who knows...

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Way worse penalty than I anticipated! No sympathy though, they didn't need to cheat but still did it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 pm

Mesully11 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:21 pm
Way worse penalty than I anticipated! No sympathy though, they didn't need to cheat but still did it.
Hey congrats on your first post and welcome! I agree!
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:45 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:38 pm
Umm they got a World Series ring....for a year off wouldn't you wish the M's had the balls to do the same thing?
That's how I feel. Unfortunately, they won the championship and everyone else got screwed. What's done is done and all you can do is punish. Even when they strip titles from collegiate teams it doesn't mean anything, the games were already played and whoever came in second can't say they really won because they didn't get the chance to do it on the field or court.

On the lighter side, I wonder if the Mariners do it too. Except our guys get on second base and are so surprised they forget the signals.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 pm

They got what they deserved, Hinch will forever be tainted like Lance Armstrong, You can’t bring up the wins without the asterisk. Wish there was some way to go after the players as well, they obviously were in on it...

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 pm

This quote is a little odd
As Crane told reporters today, it was obvious that both men were aware of and did not intervene to stop the sign-stealing.
What do you mean aware of......... who the hell put the guy out in the field and the garbage can banger in the clubhouse....

Ok more info I didn’t see
Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 pm
They got what they deserved, Hinch will forever be tainted like Lance Armstrong, You can’t bring up the wins without the asterisk. Wish there was some way to go after the players as well, they obviously were in on it...
You can't really go after an employee for not blowing the whistle.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:58 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Best case it will be almost a 50 year wait for me and others. I want that WS title to be pure as the driven snow.
Yep, that pure driven snow is keeping me off the golf course today...
DMM

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:36 pm
Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.
Guessing Joey is shedding a tear for him right now.
DMM