Poll: what the worst drivers drive

Which vehicle is most likely to be driven by an unstable, annoying, aggressive, or careless driver?

Raised Pick-up truck (king of the road)
42%
Prius (cluelessmobile)
33%
Volkswagen (wannabe wagon)
8%
BMW (prick chariot)
17%

Total votes: 12

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Poll: what the worst drivers drive

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:13 pm

I was heading north on I-5 near Boeing Field in my pickup next to the passenger lane 7:30 AM Friday morning about 55 in moderate traffic and I was closing in on a bus in the in that left lane. In my rear view mirror, I spotted a Kia lSoul with a half dozen Asians closing in on me fast... the car swerved into the (what do they call that lane?} HOV lane behind the bus blasting p and called 911ast me and swerved right in front of me snagging my left front bumper which caused the car to swerve right across me and I jammed the breaks. He proceeded into the lane to my right where he was slammed full force by a pickup passing me on the right. The Kia with a half dozen Asians arm and legs going everywhere the spins across in front of me and slams into the bus he was trying to pass. And behind me, I start hearing crash after crash as two lanes of cars collided into one another starting with that pickup truck to my right. I pulled over to the left lane ahead of the now parked Bus and called 911. There were 15 or 16 autos involved in the accident. My truck was hardly scratched..just a front bumper pulled out of shape. All the Asians miraculously survived. I was there giving reports to police until 9:00 am. Traffic was backed up for miles on a Friday morning with only one lane going thru. All because this guy in the KIA was in a hurry in the passenger lane and tried to execute a swerve into my lane in front of me to get around the bus ahead of me. What a mess... cars stacked up like driftwood... lots of injuries... and I was lucky, lucky, lucky

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:30 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:13 pm
I was heading north on I-5 near Boeing Field in my pickup next to the passenger lane 7:30 AM Friday morning about 55 in moderate traffic and I was closing in on a bus in the in that left lane. In my rear view mirror, I spotted a Kia lSoul with a half dozen Asians closing in on me fast... the car swerved into the (what do they call that lane?} HOV lane behind the bus blasting p and called 911ast me and swerved right in front of me snagging my left front bumper which caused the car to swerve right across me and I jammed the breaks. He proceeded into the lane to my right where he was slammed full force by a pickup passing me on the right. The Kia with a half dozen Asians arm and legs going everywhere the spins across in front of me and slams into the bus he was trying to pass. And behind me, I start hearing crash after crash as two lanes of cars collided into one another starting with that pickup truck to my right. I pulled over to the left lane ahead of the now parked Bus and called 911. There were 15 or 16 autos involved in the accident. My truck was hardly scratched..just a front bumper pulled out of shape. All the Asians miraculously survived. I was there giving reports to police until 9:00 am. Traffic was backed up for miles on a Friday morning with only one lane going thru. All because this guy in the KIA was in a hurry in the passenger lane and tried to execute a swerve into my lane in front of me to get around the bus ahead of me. What a mess... cars stacked up like driftwood... lots of injuries... and I was lucky, lucky, lucky
Wow! unreal. You are in Washington now???
dt

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:48 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Most lifted pickups develop major problems with alignment issues, u-joint troubles, tire wear issues, basically ignorant youth with a vision of what cool is.....
Love the Sardinecanistan.......gonna use that one lol :D
$$$$$ Yep..the hidden cost of ownership is all this overly complex new fangled stuff that needs more upkeep than it's worth. My girlfriend has a turbocharged 2015 Fiat that is engineered on purpose to be a nightmare to keep running right.
We're going to sell it and look for a pre-fuel injection era computer controlled Jeep, or a full sized Ford or Chevy truck from the 1960s to the late 1970s. A Blazer or a Bronco would be great.
These types of cars have excellent parts support and are simple to work on machines that just run and run.

Marinerjim11

Post by Marinerjim11 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Just move to Iowa and you will see some of the worse drivers in the country, pull out of gas stations without looking (happened last night to me), making a left turn from the right lane in front of the police station.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:30 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
????
That’s a long way from Peoria brother. You have 7 days to get to baseball Mecca

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 pm

That was a few years ago when we backed up I-5 on a Friday morning........ I'll be in Peoria in a few days...Can't wait... we have a lot of young talent to watch..

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 pm

AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 pm
That was a few years ago when we backed up I-5 on a Friday morning........ I'll be in Peoria in a few days...Can't wait... we have a lot of young talent to watch..
Lucky bastards!!!!
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:01 pm

Julio Rodriguez with a mighty strikeout. He's a scary looking dude up there

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:03 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:52 pm
Lucky bastards!!!!
Yes, the weather is perfect, the combination smells of leather, cut grass, hot dogs on the grill.... we'll be having fun Darren... and you'll be in the cold northeast.... sorry buddy :D :D :D

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:05 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:30 pm
AT Fresno wrote:
????
That’s a long way from Peoria brother. You have 7 days to get to baseball Mecca
Baseball Mecca. I like the sound of that. ;) Damn I will miss my brothers but I am renting a sweet crib next your for a full week to make up for it!
dt