Diaz is choking

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Diaz is choking

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:17 pm

A lot different scouting report than the Mariners were giving us when he was being touted as the BEST arm in the Yankees farm system. On the brink of cracking the majors I thought they said. Has slid dramatically down the prospect rankings list since we acquired him. Let's hope he gets shit figured out down there.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 pm

I think you need to go back to what Drayer said about it, which is similar to the other things I had read..."it isn't so much a stuff issue. Obviously with current numbers it's more than one thing, but more about the intangibles, controlling the mindset, emotions, breath, tempo etc on the mound."...Everybody talks about his stuff still being good, he says he feels great, he doesn't lack confidence, he just can't seem to focus on all the various things it takes to deliver a pitch successfully. I brought up the yips the other day, not that i am saying it is but it sort of sounded like it, though the yips are more anxiety i guess. Hopefully sending him down helps, but i am not sure about there being a real correlation

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:16 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:39 pm
I think you need to go back to what Drayer said about it, which is similar to the other things I had read..."it isn't so much a stuff issue. Obviously with current numbers it's more than one thing, but more about the intangibles, controlling the mindset, emotions, breath, tempo etc on the mound."...Everybody talks about his stuff still being good, he says he feels great, he doesn't lack confidence, he just can't seem to focus on all the various things it takes to deliver a pitch successfully. I brought up the yips the other day, not that i am saying it is but it sort of sounded like it, though the yips are more anxiety i guess. Hopefully sending him down helps, but i am not sure about there being a real correlation
I hope you're right DB. That is encouraging to hear. Although everytime I hear the word "yips", I immediately think of Ankiel. Great post.