Cardinals only 5 games so far

Coeurd’Alene J

Re: Cardinals only 5 games so far

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Millikin wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:54 am
How are the players with Covid doing, anyway?

I did some Google searches about Florida Marlins players' health status and mostly all I find are articles about how they may have caught it.

It seems like it would be useful/interesting to know more about how it is affecting young athletes. Do they have bad symptoms? Or no symptoms and just waiting around for a negative test so they can come back?
In this age of Chicken littles you can be certain that if it affected them in a bad way that it would be the biggest news of the day. The fact that a young healthy person has symptoms that mimic mild flu symptoms or no symptoms at all and it will never be news worthy to the fearmongers who control the news cycle

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:26 pm
Millikin wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:54 am
How are the players with Covid doing, anyway?

I did some Google searches about Florida Marlins players' health status and mostly all I find are articles about how they may have caught it.

It seems like it would be useful/interesting to know more about how it is affecting young athletes. Do they have bad symptoms? Or no symptoms and just waiting around for a negative test so they can come back?
In this age of Chicken littles you can be certain that if it affected them in a bad way that it would be the biggest news of the day. The fact that a young healthy person has symptoms that mimic mild flu symptoms or no symptoms at all and it will never be news worthy to the fearmongers who control the news cycle
Exactly. They probably have a pack of lib reporters tracking them like hounds on a fox praying to snap a pic of them blowing their nose.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:58 pm

bpj wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:39 am
AmericanPig wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:51 pm
Don't you have any kind words for the victims whose lives are at risk?
Stay inside so the rest of us don't have to stop life because of you.
Your logic here reminds me of the old "if you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk."

• If you are concerned about my drunk driving, maybe YOU should stay out of your car and off the road.

• If you don't like my random gunfire as my friends and I drive down the street, stay inside so the rest of us don't have to stop life because of you.

Get it?

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:50 pm

gil wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:58 pm
bpj wrote:
AmericanPig wrote:
Your logic here reminds me of the old "if you don't like the way I drive, stay off the sidewalk."

• If you are concerned about my drunk driving, maybe YOU should stay out of your car and off the road.

• If you don't like my random gunfire as my friends and I drive down the street, stay inside so the rest of us don't have to stop life because of you.

Get it?
Not even on the same planet Gilbert To have those most vulnerable stay inside is plain common sense

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:32 pm

gil wrote:
bpj wrote:
AmericanPig wrote:

Get it?
This assumes that people are running up to strangers on the street without a mask and breathing or coughing in their faces. Even if someone doesn't wear a mask in a store you can wear a mask and easily social distance away from them.
dt

AT Funchal-Madeira

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:47 pm

gil wrote:
bpj wrote:
AmericanPig wrote:

Get it?
Life has always had risks.... Whether it was storming the beaches at Normandy, or the Swine Flu in 2008, or doing a free solo climb of El Capitan, people have preferred to risk living rather than surrender to isolation..... You can hide your bunker if you choose, but don't ask me to "get ready dying"..... I prefer to live life preparing and accepting the risks...

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Exactly, this notion that I think the sky is falling so you have to as well is so bizarre. If you are afraid then stay the F home. Doesn't matter if the rest of the country is running around french kissing 1000 strangers a day, you literally can't be infected.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:14 pm

It is an enigma to see many who just buy into the whole fear garbage the media is selling. Americans have always been independent and skeptic of the media. Not any more

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:33 pm

gil wrote:
bpj wrote:
AmericanPig wrote:

Get it?
Most braindead argument I've ever read.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 pm
Exactly, this notion that I think the sky is falling so you have to as well is so bizarre. If you are afraid then stay the F home. Doesn't matter if the rest of the country is running around french kissing 1000 strangers a day, you literally can't be infected.
Exactly, my covid-breath isn't going to put a hole in your wall and kill you from the street as I drive by.