Minor League Updates

rockycola

Re: Minor League Updates

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 2:37 am

Five/Two/2019
Rainiers at the Salt Lake Bees, shut out the little buzzers 4-0 today.
Shed Long played left field and led off, going 2-5. He homered in the 5th but was stranded at 3rd :? :? :? and tripled in the 7th, scoring on the 3-bagger :? :? :?
Just wanted to see if you are listening ;)
He did lead off the 7th with the triple but nobody brought him home.

Lobaton and Miller had doubles, Curletta had 2 singles, J.P. had a single as did Calixte and Lopes.
Cloyd, Leyer, Mckay and Markel pitched the combined shutout.
Tyler Cloyd has started 2 games, gone 6 innings, 6 K's, 3 BB's and has a 0.00 ERA.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/rainiers-v ... ame=580273
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 2:45 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:51 am
Fraley having himself a day with 3 hits and 2 HR. White and DTW each have 2 hits including a double. Lewis is 1-3 with a BB. Dunn has a good game with the exception of Juremi Profar (Juricksons brother if the funky spelling didn't give it away) who has 3 of the 5 hits against him, and is a triple away from the cycle. 6 K and 2 ER (2R HR for Profar) in 6 ip 0 BB.

WV got crushed 10-0, but Kelenic was able to keep his hitting streak going with a late double, going 1-4.
Frisco's just batted in the bottom of the 9th. Reggie McClain just struck out the side and Arkansas wins 13-2

White ended up with 3 hits and Fraley was 4-5.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 am

rockycola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:45 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Fraley having himself a day with 3 hits and 2 HR. White and DTW each have 2 hits including a double. Lewis is 1-3 with a BB. Dunn has a good game with the exception of Juremi Profar (Juricksons brother if the funky spelling didn't give it away) who has 3 of the 5 hits against him, and is a triple away from the cycle. 6 K and 2 ER (2R HR for Profar) in 6 ip 0 BB.

WV got crushed 10-0, but Kelenic was able to keep his hitting streak going with a late double, going 1-4.
Frisco's just batted in the bottom of the 9th. Reggie McClain just struck out the side and Arkansas wins 13-2

People are down on Mallex Smith from the Zunino trade, but Fraley is going to be the steal of that trade. I think he could be the starting CF some point in 2020. Good to see White get going after his time off with injury.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 am

Gilbert, in his first Advanced A-ball start has gone 2 innings thus far, 4 hits (2 doubles), 3 runs, 2 walks and struck out 1. Catcher Thurman has a passed ball. Modesto Nuts are trailing the JetHawks 3-1.

The Nuts run came on a Manny Pazos walk and a Joe Rizzo double.

https://www.milb.com/gameday/jethawks-v ... ame=576630

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 2:55 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:54 am
rockycola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:45 am
Juliooooo wrote:

People are down on Mallex Smith from the Zunino trade, but Fraley is going to be the steal of that trade. I think he could be the starting CF some point in 2020. Good to see White get going after his time off with injury.
Yes, I knew nothing about Fraley but he's been impressive.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 03, 2019 3:16 am

rockycola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 2:55 am

Yes, I knew nothing about Fraley but he's been impressive.
He had a lot of injuries but tore it up last year hitting about .350 in high A, only about 250 AB though. He's a guy that changed his swing approach trying to elevate the ball more and has had good results, similar to Bishop/Haniger. Not a ton of power, but he has enough power for CF, and I think he can stick there defensively, and will probably get more power with time.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 3:20 am

rockycola wrote:
Gilbert, in his first Advanced A-ball start has gone 2 innings thus far, 4 hits (2 doubles), 3 runs, 2 walks and struck out 1. Catcher Thurman has a passed ball. Modesto Nuts are trailing the JetHawks 3-1.

In the bottom of the 3rd, a Nut double, a Nut walk, a hbp (to the Nuts?) and 2 Nut fielder's choice outs for rbi's have tied it up for Mr. Gilbert and in the top of the 4th, he struck out the side (with a harmless double in between).

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri May 03, 2019 3:42 am

rockycola wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:20 am
rockycola wrote:

In the bottom of the 3rd, a Nut double, a Nut walk, a hbp (to the Nuts?) and 2 Nut fielder's choice outs for rbi's have tied it up for Mr. Gilbert and in the top of the 4th, he struck out the side (with a harmless double in between).
Had 1 rough inning in his High A debut, but ended with 4.1 ip, 3 ER and 7 K.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri May 03, 2019 9:40 pm

A nice piece in today's milb.com about Jake Fraley and it doesn't even mention his red and white beard. Cool pic leading off the article. Here's the first paragraph:
By Duane Cross / MiLB.com | May 3, 2019 1:13 AM

Known more for his strong glove and speed, Jake Fraley is now seeing his power emerge early this season.
The 14th-ranked Seattle prospect collected a career-best two homers on a 4-for-5 night with four RBIs and three runs scored as Double-A Arkansas topped Frisco, 13-2, on Thursday night at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
Fraley has hits in five of the past seven games -- going 11-for-28 -- to raise his average 60 points to .306.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 am

AA Arkansas saw it's first poor outing by Ricardo Sánchez tonight against the Frisco Roughriders.
In his sixth game of the season he only got through 4 innings, giving up 9 hits (2 doubles), 1 walk and no strikeouts. He gave up 4 runs, all earned and yet his ERA is still a fine 1.75.

Travs are down 4-2 with Frisco batting in the bottom of the 8th, Altavilla on the mound,

Dom Thompson-Williams is 2-4. Catcher Joseph Odom also has 2 hits, both doubles. RF David Sheaffer has a HR. Kyle Lewis is 0-3 with a walk and 2 K's.

It ain't over yet. Arkansas get one more turn at the plate.