So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Donn Beach

Re: So how are all those bats we wanted doing??

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:47 pm
OMG this article on Jerry's "brilliant" 2015-16 additions is HILARIOUS especially the LL tweets shining his balls. Check the scraps he brought in to try to push the core over the tops. Absolutely pathetic. :lol: btw one of the others was Dae Ho Lee.
But why were he and his staff furiously making moves to acquire players like Nate Karns, Joaquin Benoit, Steve Cishek, Nori Aoki, Leonys Martin, Steve Clevenger, Wade Miley and Adam Lind (among others)? The roster Dipoto inherited relied too much on the “what if” game. As we saw in 2014, there was the possibility of this squad, constructed how they were, of being successful.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2016/02/24/why-seattle-mariners-gm-jerry-dipoto-won-the-2015-16-mlb-offseason/
That's what I was getting at on the Kraken page. Remember Z with a last place team trading for Russell Branyan at the deadline, crazy. Never a plan, just a commitment to mediocrity

I often called Seattle Mariners’ GM Jack Zduriencik the “Teflon Don” this offseason. No matter what move or lack of move he made, it was given some positive spin. It was like he could do no wrong.

Only Vince McMahon had more people in his “Kiss my ass club” than Zduriencik did this offseason. But now that Teflon is starting to wear off. The Mariners are in last place in the AL West, they are one of the worst teams in MLB, and now Zduriencik has made one confusing trade.

On Saturday night, the Mariners traded prospects Ezequiel Carrera and Juan Diaz to the Cleveland Indians for 1B/DH Russell Branyan. Really?
Last edited by Donn Beach on Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 am

Glad we "missed out" on Story and Simian. ;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:09 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:02 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:47 pm
OMG this article on Jerry's "brilliant" 2015-16 additions is HILARIOUS especially the LL tweets shining his balls. Check the scraps he brought in to try to push the core over the tops. Absolutely pathetic. :lol: btw one of the others was Dae Ho Lee.
But why were he and his staff furiously making moves to acquire players like Nate Karns, Joaquin Benoit, Steve Cishek, Nori Aoki, Leonys Martin, Steve Clevenger, Wade Miley and Adam Lind (among others)? The roster Dipoto inherited relied too much on the “what if” game. As we saw in 2014, there was the possibility of this squad, constructed how they were, of being successful.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2016/02/24/w ... offseason/
That's what I was getting at on the Kraken page. Remember Z with a last place team trading for Russell Branyan at the deadline, crazy. Never a plan, just a commitment to mediocrity

I often called Seattle Mariners’ GM Jack Zduriencik the “Teflon Don” this offseason. No matter what move or lack of move he made, it was given some positive spin. It was like he could do no wrong.

Only Vince McMahon had more people in his “Kiss my ass club” than Zduriencik did this offseason. But now that Teflon is starting to wear off. The Mariners are in last place in the AL West, they are one of the worst teams in MLB, and now Zduriencik has made one confusing trade.

On Saturday night, the Mariners traded prospects Ezequiel Carrera and Juan Diaz to the Cleveland Indians for 1B/DH Russell Branyan. Really?
Just because Jack was a worse GM doesn't mean Jerry is a good GM.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:28 pm

Huh, something there about dipoto being a good GM?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:51 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:56 am
Glad we "missed out" on Story and Simian. ;)
I'm not!! I still would've been balls deep on both! But I also was in on Suzuki and Conforto as well.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:53 pm

We have JD’s control the zone philosophy and in a real world kids like Julio need to Widen the zone until the opposing pitchers react and pitch him differently.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:00 pm

Suzuki says Analytics Smanalytics. Hasn't even looked at opposing pitcher data. Imagine the excitement level around this team if he was on it.

https://www.mlb.com/news/seiya-suzuki-m ... bs-vs-rays
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:24 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:00 pm
Suzuki says Analytics Smanalytics. Hasn't even looked at opposing pitcher data. Imagine the excitement level around this team if he was on it.

“Kelenic is so much better”
JD’s thought process

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:48 pm

D-train wrote:

If you look at his heat chart, he's gotten some real meatballs down the middle that he's taken advantage of. I predict a different result the next 10 games.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Coeurd’Alene J wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:24 pm
D-train wrote:

“Kelenic is so much better”
JD’s thought process
Hard NOT to be better than last year yet his average is still below his average from last season. How is that better? Maybe they are talking about his defense?