Re: $20M To Spend

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:36 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:40 am
I think this would look pretty good and come in under $20M:

RF- Randy Arozarena ($9M)
DH- Tom Murphy ($2M)
SP- Trevor Bauer ($6M)

With the addition of Urias, it would make for a solid team imo, without breaking the bank.
Why would we want a catcher with a .873 OPS when we already have on with a .545 OPS? :lol: Fuck this team is such a joke.
dt

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:36 pm

Hernandez salary was around $15 mil.
Geno was about 12-13
Marco around 7 after you factor in what Seattle sent with him
White was something like 7.

These may not be exact but if they are it adds up closer to 40 mil not 20. That doesn't even take into account what was spent on Wong, Pollock and LaStella.

I know we were told we had to save ahead for future increases due to things like arbitration and, and presumably the burden of J Rod's contract.

This ownership must be terrible business men if they can't compete for the best product in their field of endeavor and are only able to invest about 1/2 of what the other owners do to try and make a top level product.

So that leaves 4 possibilities as I see it:

1. They are ok with just making a profit and aren't really concerned with their product.
2. They might want to sell this business before they ruin it.
3. They are going to pull supersonics move on the franchise and demand a new stadium or they will move.
4. We all need to start thinking about find a new team to support.

tehmc

Post by tehmc » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:59 pm

1. They are ok with just making a profit and aren't really concerned with their product.
Or they're actually concerned with how the Xfinity change with ROOT Sports might affect the available money
Would be nice to have an ownership that actually wants to spend money to improve the product on the field, really sad that they haven't signed any position FA's to multi-year deals since Dipoto started
3. They are going to pull supersonics move on the franchise and demand a new stadium or they will move.
Didn't they just dump $100 million into improving the stadium last year? I doubt this is going to happen.
Up to you

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:21 pm

Mesully11 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:36 pm
Geno was about 12-13

These may not be exact but if they are it adds up closer to 40 mil not 20. That doesn't even take into account what was spent on Wong, Pollock and LaStella.

I know we were told we had to save ahead for future increases due to things like arbitration and, and presumably the burden of J Rod's contract.

This ownership must be terrible business men if they can't compete for the best product in their field of endeavor and are only able to invest about 1/2 of what the other owners do to try and make a top level product.

Here is the payroll situation:
payroll2.JPG
payroll2.JPG (68.68 KiB) Viewed 320 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:32 pm

dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:52 pm

Biggest off season acquisition:
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

Mesully11

Post by Mesully11 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:21 pm
Mesully11 wrote:
Geno was about 12-13

payroll2.JPG
So I guess I don't understand how subtracting the monies from Hernandez, Pollock, Wong and LaStella aren't counted against the figures from last year?
I thought our luxury cap total was around 180 mil?
I know the 26 man and the 40 man rosters change frequently but it seems like there is a lot of money spent last year that will not be counted when it's all over and we trade a bunch of guys away at the deadline because it's absolutely sure we won't be buyers

tehmc

Post by tehmc » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:34 pm

Mesully11 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:22 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:21 pm
Mesully11 wrote:
Geno was about 12-13

payroll2.JPG
So I guess I don't understand how subtracting the monies from Hernandez, Pollock, Wong and LaStella aren't counted against the figures from last year?
I thought our luxury cap total was around 180 mil?
I know the 26 man and the 40 man rosters change frequently but it seems like there is a lot of money spent last year that will not be counted when it's all over and we trade a bunch of guys away at the deadline because it's absolutely sure we won't be buyers
Players are due raises

Luis Castillo made 10 mil last year and is due 22.75 mil this year
Julio Rodriguez made 4 mil last year and is due 10 mil this year

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:45 pm

Yep and we aren't saving $7M on Evan white vs. 2023. He only made $3M. We are sending the Braves $4.5m.
dt