GT 4/17/23 Kolten Wong vs. The BREW CREW!

desbcoach

Re: GT 4/17/23 Kolten Wong vs. The BREW CREW!

Post by desbcoach » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:52 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:42 am
desbcoach wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:39 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:03 am
Can we scoop this guy up ASAP!!!!!?
He has 18.5 spread evenly out this year and following two years and then 2 club option for 8mil. They won’t spend a million on a DH probably won’t cough up 6 mil a year
If he clears waivers then can we pick him up for League minimum!!
He didn’t have enough service time to turn down, has to accept or potentially lose the money

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:55 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:05 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:53 pm

The umpire fucked up. Burnes leg wasn't in the air by the 2 second mark. Should've been ball four to Kelenic. The umpire crew fucked up yet again. They fucked us all night. Plus Flexen was so-so. He wasn't completely trash.
What’s the rule?
The rule is that the pitcher must have his leg in the air by the 2 second mark. The batter must be looking out and ready for the pitch by the 8 second mark. Geno took off with 1 second left. Burnes spun around at zero. Therefore, the umpire crew fucked up!! Watch it again and you'll see.

And the Burnes bitch goes and high fives his buddy on the front step immediately afterwards like they had a backyard trick play up their sleeve.
Why would the have a clock that expires at 2 seconds. Why not just have have a 18 second clock?
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:32 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:55 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:04 pm

What’s the rule?
The rule is that the pitcher must have his leg in the air by the 2 second mark. The batter must be looking out and ready for the pitch by the 8 second mark. Geno took off with 1 second left. Burnes spun around at zero. Therefore, the umpire crew fucked up!! Watch it again and you'll see.

And the Burnes bitch goes and high fives his buddy on the front step immediately afterwards like they had a backyard trick play up their sleeve.
Why would the have a clock that expires at 2 seconds. Why not just have have a 18 second clock?
I know! It's a very confusing rule to begin with. This is shy I think there's needs to be a robot ump in place if they are going to have a pitch clock.

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:00 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:

I don’t think that’s the rule. It’s written like this;

The pitcher must begin his motion to deliver the pitch before the expiration of the pitch timer. Pitchers who violate the timer are charged with an automatic ball. Batters who violate the timer are charged with an automatic strike.

There is debate about what constitutes, “must begin his motion to deliver” and some pundits are suggesting that they need to be starting pivoting feet with a second or two to go. But it is effectively the wind-up must start before zero. Another debate could ensue about when the wind-up starts, I guess.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:12 pm

mostonmike wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

The pitcher must begin his motion to deliver the pitch before the expiration of the pitch timer. Pitchers who violate the timer are charged with an automatic ball. Batters who violate the timer are charged with an automatic strike.

There is debate about what constitutes, “must begin his motion to deliver” and some pundits are suggesting that they need to be starting pivoting feet with a second or two to go. But it is effectively the wind-up must start before zero. Another debate could ensue about when the wind-up starts, I guess.
Thanks Mike. Exactly what I thought. If you have time later I can fill you in about the intricacies of penalty kicks in Soccer! :) So impressive that you are so knowledgeable about your adopted game my friend!
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 am

mostonmike wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:00 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

That's not what I've heard on TV. That may be the explanation, but listen to how they describe it on TV. I've seen the pitcher have a ball called because he DID NOT have his leg in the air by the 2 second mark. I'm not making this up. Just as the batter MUST BE looking good out wards home plate by the 8 Second mark. I don't know if this is because the umpires buzzer went off or what. But it still has some kinks to iron out if you ask me.

https://youtu.be/1jDHsk8id2Q

https://youtu.be/Omn8HOrvHTw

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:19 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 am
That's not what I've heard on TV. That may be the explanation, but listen to how they describe it on TV. I've seen the pitcher have a ball called because he DID NOT have his leg in the air by the 2 second mark. I'm not making this up. Just as the batter MUST BE looking good out wards home plate by the 8 Second mark. I don't know if this is because the umpires buzzer went off or what. But it still has some kinks to iron out if you ask me.

https://youtu.be/1jDHsk8id2Q

https://youtu.be/Omn8HOrvHTw
The videos show a series of bad calls, miscommunication, failure of the pitchcom, TV graphics out-of-sync with the umpires clock and various anomalies. If that 2 second thing was the rule it would be chaos, even more than it is now.

In fact it's now clearer - the umpire has a vibrator ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) on his wrist that is in sync to the official pitch timer. If he vibrates it's a ball or strike depending on who is violating. The fact that we are seeing clips of clocks or TV graphics representing the pitch clock doesn't matter, the umpire's vibrator is the ultimate arbiter of when it's expired or not. I gather from these videos that pitchcom also let's the players know as long as it works properly.

What I am waiting for is for a team to start to play some shrewd stuff around the restrictions. For instance, nothing stopping a pitcher chucking one with 7 seconds left. Hurry the batter up on a 3-2 call in the bottom of the 9th. A crap pitch might clinch the game because the batter isn't really ready at 8 seconds.

Pitchers seem to be setting their rhythms around the countdown to zero. They should start to take charge and dictate the pace of play to them and not the batters who are now expecting pitches to come to them with 3 or 2 seconds left on the clock.