Trade deadline trade ideas discussion

D-train

Re: Trade deadline trade ideas discussion

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:52 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:26 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:11 pm
I was going to start a Poll to see if it should be a permanent ban but I think the answer would be obvious if anyone wants to speak up for him speak now or forever hold your peace.
I'd say to let him back.
Both he and bjp are mouthy to one another....and I am totally in on the fact that "freedom of speech" is there to protect the speech that isn't popular.
Thanks for the input but it has nothing to do with his opinions. He's a social invalid most of the time with zero respect for anyone that happens to disagree with him.
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:52 pm
D-train wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:11 pm
I was going to start a Poll to see if it should be a permanent ban but I think the answer would be obvious if anyone wants to speak up for him speak now or forever hold your peace.
I'd say to let him back.
Both he and bjp are mouthy to one another....and I am totally in on the fact that "freedom of speech" is there to protect the speech that isn't popular.
Thanks for the input but it has nothing to do with his opinions. He's a social invalid most of the time with zero respect for anyone that happens to disagree with him.
That's really the fine line isn't it? Speak your mind but still be respectful. Unfortunately that can't be taught in a sports forum. Hey it's a privelege to be here not a right. I think the modertor has been fair no matter what he decides.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:05 pm

seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:52 pm

I'd say to let him back.
That's really the fine line isn't it? Speak your mind but still be respectful. Unfortunately that can't be taught in a sports forum. Hey it's a privelege to be here not a right. I think the modertor has been fair no matter what he decides.
We are all set at the 212 steak dealership seven people at 7 p.m. on the 6th
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:18 am

Hope the weather cooperates that day too.
This is the strangest NY summer.
It's raining right now.
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:44 am

Call royals. Offer them Kelenic and one other prospect for Merrifield. Control player and 2b we need him. Make the call. Kelenic only cares bout himself always does. Reason why he can't hit major league pitching.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 am

I think it would be better to keep Kelenic. He's not untouchable, but prefer to keep him. I hate the strikeouts though. All this talk about "control the zone" and Kelenic is running a 29.1% K-Rate. That's not absurdly bad and he is a rookie but it's a number to watch. It would be a shock if they traded him in the offseason, but it could happen.

Another option: the team could make a really good offer for Adam Frazier without dipping into the very top levels of prospects, and Frazier has one year of team control left. Or go the pitching direction and try to pry German Marquez from Colorado. It might be one deal or the other though. I don't think you can do both without really depleting the farm system. And also, there's been no indication that CO is willing to deal Marquez, who has multiple years of control left.

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:24 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 am
I think it would be better to keep Kelenic. He's not untouchable, but prefer to keep him. I hate the strikeouts though. All this talk about "control the zone" and Kelenic is running a 29.1% K-Rate. That's not absurdly bad and he is a rookie but it's a number to watch. It would be a shock if they traded him in the offseason, but it could happen.

Another option: the team could make a really good offer for Adam Frazier without dipping into the very top levels of prospects, and Frazier has one year of team control left. Or go the pitching direction and try to pry German Marquez from Colorado. It might be one deal or the other though. I don't think you can do both without really depleting the farm system. And also, there's been no indication that CO is willing to deal Marquez, who has multiple years of control left.
Merrifield still has control though Kelenic only cares bout his stats. He does not care bout the team. He is that kinda player. I wouldn't mind losing him

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:46 am

seth8734 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:44 am
Call royals. Offer them Kelenic and one other prospect for Merrifield. Control player and 2b we need him. Make the call. Kelenic only cares bout himself always does. Reason why he can't hit major league pitching.
WHitfield is a good but not great player at 2B. He has a 101 OPS+ but he is in his age 32 season.
OPS+ last four years
120 111 105 101
He has a speed game hits some triples, has a 24/25 in SBs, and probably grades well on D at 2B.

I like him but would not want to give a king's ransom: = None of our top 6 or so.

I know he was brought up before but a cheap rental might be a better option in Jon Schoop. He has been played at 1B, 2B, and DH this year and would be in a similar role here.
He has actually mainly played 2B in career and has + metrics there this year, and slightly below average at 1B.
The bat plays 118 OPS+. He has a decent average with little in the way of walks but good pop with the slugging. He is a FA in 2022 and really how much would the Tigers require to let him go? I'd say not much.

I really like D Moore and he would be our Zobrist. Bench guy that plays almost every day.
Outfield:
Kelenic has a 2-game hitting streak since returning. Haniger is back up over a 130 OPS+, Fraley 143 OPS+, If Kelenic starts contributing look-out. Also, Lewis (106 OPS+) is expected back in about two weeks.
Infield:
Schoop, France, Crawford, Seager. Seager has the weakest bat at present a 101 OPS+, JP 110, France 117, Schoop 118
Catcher and DH
Torrens has been hot since his return and sits at a 107 OPS+, Murphy is at 80 but those two have 16 HR and 13 Doubles between them. Cal has an 0-for going in 3 games in his 1st call-up. Bright lights and nerves.

I would think 2 moves would fix the offense Schoop and Cruz should not cost too much and would vault this offense into one of the better units out there.
Player OPS+
1 Crawford* SS 110 OPS+
2. Haniger OF 130 OPS+
3. France 1B 117 OPS+
4. Cruz DH 159 OPS+
5. Seager* 3B 101 OPS+
6. Schoop 2B 118 OPS+
7. Fraley* OF 143 OPS+
8. Torrens C 107 OPS+
9. Kelenic* OF ( :roll: OPS+)
Bench
OF Lewis 106 OPS+, C Murphy (80)-Cal (? hits or sent down), D Moore super sub 80,
*others Shed Long, Tammell, and Jose Marm.
For arguments sake: pull Kelenic off the A-team and use Lewis's season OPS+. I am also not weighting the top of the line-up any heavier but in my view the best line-up would be JP-Mitch-Fraley-Cruz . But the A-team would be a 120 OPS+ unit. Even on days when Murphy and Moore were in the game you would have a well above average offense.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:38 am

Chris Taylor, Brad Miller, Marcus Semien, Jonathan Schoop, Adam Frazier, there are definitely some 2B available, trade or free agency, that could help us going into 2022.

A few of those might be upgrades at 3B also..

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:34 am

GL_Storm wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:22 am

YEs he is untouchable. Unless we get Trout, Ohtani, Acuna Jr., etc. Which ain't happening.

Frazier: last year .246 BABIP, This year .365. He has a 135 OPS+ that is fueled by that .330 average. He is probably more what his career averages show a 105 OPS+ hitter.

Marquez: The man nearly threw a no-no in Coors field. I think if we got him it would be the oppo of Mile high home park hitting advantage to sea-level Seattle. Get Marques here and he goes from a 26-year-old with a 120 career ERA+ to an absolute Ace. He has a 137 ERA+ this year and I think he improves on that. I would push hard for a Astros-style acquisition of Aces. Grienke and Grienke were both acquired by Houston by saying here are our 5 or 6 untouchables you can have 1 or 2 of our "others". Do you want 3 or 4? Sure. Pay us 1/3 rd of the remaining salary and you can pick em!
Gilbert, Kirby, and Hancock are off the table. Kelenic, Julio, and Cal as well. I could possibly include Cal.

Marquez War (17, 18 , 19)
2020 1.5 WAR pace =4 WAR

I hate to "go there" but I think if we get German the Venezuelan. We get Felix in his prime.

The M's have the best BP by WAR in the AL so far.

SP with German Marquez:
Marquez 137 ERA+
Flexen 123 ERA+
Gilbert 118 ERA+
KIK 106 ERA+ ( Got bombed last 2 starts all-star hangover?) (Was 130 B-4 last 2 starts)

Dunn 110 ERA+ ( Injured but expected back soon)

Marco WTF this junk ball dispensing DB is owed near 30 million ( I don't know how we carry him but have to or trade him)

Sheffield ? 4 My $ I throw him into the pen.