Boom! Astros get ASS JAMMED by MLB

DanielVogelbach

Re: Boom! Astros get ASS JAMMED by MLB

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

":ASSESSING THE ALTUVE RUMOR
The video of Altuve is no doubt incredibly suspicious. The guy seemed to go to great lengths to avoid having his jersey ripped, to change his shirt in private, and he stumbled over a question in his postgame interview.
The Astros were doing a bunch of crap, at the forefront of cheating using technology, and do not deserve the benefit of the doubt.
The electronic buzzer rumor has some credibility because Sherman, Bauer, Kay and Jomboy all say they have heard about it. But it is not any more credible, much less real, because a phony Twitter account claiming to be Carlos Beltran’s niece said so. That part of the story is garbage."

He's wrong, because that twitter account was the first one to break Carlos Beltran hire and fire. It has credibility. That's part of what launched the hysteria. As far as fans and players are concerned, seems like everyone is leaning towards these guys use buzzers. 3 managers have lost jobs, so it's not like Manfred didn't do anything. The question I think players and fans are asking is if there should be any accountability for the players. Maybe some are thinking that seeing Altuve use a buzzer in game 7 of the ALCS is pushing them towards a desire to see harsher penalties. Cano served 80 games for PEDs, but Altuve won't miss a single game for becoming the greatest cheater in MLB history, holding his shirt on his game 7 ALCS walkoff. Running to the clubhouse to change before the now infamous interview with Rosenthal.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:32 am

You meant that twitter account was the reliable source?...it made a couple of predictions, maybe the got lucky, or maybe they had some inside info, but that account has a pretty colorful history, its not his niece, and it shouldn't be considered reliable. There at the bottom is another tweet from that account
A Twitter account that, since at least October, had presented itself as Carlos Beltran’s niece, was at the center of Thursday’s rumors.

This Twitter account supposedly said on October 29 that Beltran was the Mets’ new manager. The news was finally leaked to reporters three days later on November 1. The account also tweeted on Wednesday that Beltran would be stepping down as Mets manager. That news did not come out until Thursday.

By that point, the Twitter account posing as “Carlos Beltran’s niece” had gained some credibility for accurately predicting Beltran’s hiring and firing before anyone else by at least a day.

Maybe they had inside information or maybe they just happened to get lucky twice. After all, it wasn’t hard to predict Beltran would end up stepping down. But this Twitter account isn’t really Carlos Beltran’s niece, and the thought that it was never really made sense.

The account had been around since at least 2017. Before it flipped to posing as Beltran’s niece, it sent nasty tweets, such as this one:

In March, some people on Twitter figured out the account was one of many burner accounts belonging to Incarcerated Bob, a total phony and infamous rumor monger, and called him out accordingly. Incarcerated Bob is a phony name for a person who is involved in running a sports gambling operation online. Bob, who is also a caller to “The Michael Kay Show,” has several different Twitter accounts and uses them for various purposes. Sometimes he uses some of his “burners” to defend his main account in an effort to make the “Incarcerated Bob” character seem more credible. Sometimes he gives out one gambling pick from one Twitter account, but the opposing team as the pick from another Twitter account. He’s a total phony and fraud, and it benefits him to spread fake news and rumors online because idiots share/retweet the information, and Bob picks up followers. Bob then can turn those idiots into customers.

The worst part is when real media outlets pick up on his phony rumors and spread them, which happens a lot because sites are hungry for pageviews, and they often don’t care about the credibility of a source behind the rumor.

Don’t believe me about how flimsy Bob’s info is? SB Nation once played a trick on him and he took their bait. David Purdum, a legitimate gambling reporter who writes for ESPN, once did a takedown piece on Bob that you should read.

So that’s who is behind the rumor saying Altuve and Alex Bregman wore buzzers by their right shoulder.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm

yeah, pretty ironic, if there is a guy that could admire some clever cheating, figure it have to be the Donald

bpj

Post by bpj » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm
yeah, pretty ironic, if there is a guy that could admire some clever cheating, figure it have to be the Donald
It's not ironic that the dunce of the forum is a liberal.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm

Not sure what Mr. Contrarian Don is really even trying to refute here. The twitter account was what tipped off the internet. The video evidence of the homer, the run to the dugout, and the post game interview along with the backdrop of 3 managers and 1 GM being fired is all very suspicious. And, there are other sources that corroborate. In general, a lot of fans want the players to pay a price. Buzzergate and the microscope put on the Altuve's ALCS Game 7 walk-off are just extra layers to the story. It doesn't really matter if it's banging a trash can, whistling, having the bullpen catcher put his arms up, or buzzing a transponder. It's all using tech to cheat. The court of public opinion seems to have already made their decision, and I think it's fairly consistent between players and fans. Mainly, the only people siding with the Astros are their fans who are in denial that their heroes could be dirty scumbag cheaters. Regardless of what punishments Manfred does or doesn't hand out, the stars of the Houston Astros have peaked. I could be wrong... Tom Brady came back from Deflategate pretty strong. But, still, his image was tarnished forever, as I'm still associating him right now with underinflated footballs and cheating. I think forevermore there will be an association with Altuve and Bregman with hard-core cheating at a level Jose Canseco could've only dreamed of.

Moe Gibbs

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:35 pm
95Lives! wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:28 pm
I'm seeing some articles now saying Alsmurfe and others wore devices under thier Jerseys to tip them to what was coming.

If true, that would be a pretty significant violation of the no electronics rule...
So bizarre. Those guys are the last guys on earth that I would think would lack the confidence to compete without cheating. Maybe they aren't that good.
I really hate this shit because I love to believe in heroes that got to the top due to hard work, courage, etc. I thought Altuve, Bregman, Springer, Correa and others were the epitome of this. I really admired these guys. Thought they were bad ass, old school winners at life.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:19 pm
Not sure what Mr. Contrarian Don is really even trying to refute here. The twitter account was what tipped off the internet. The video evidence of the homer, the run to the dugout, and the post game interview along with the backdrop of 3 managers and 1 GM being fired is all very suspicious. And, there are other sources that corroborate. In general, a lot of fans want the players to pay a price. Buzzergate and the microscope put on the Altuve's ALCS Game 7 walk-off are just extra layers to the story. It doesn't really matter if it's banging a trash can, whistling, having the bullpen catcher put his arms up, or buzzing a transponder. It's all using tech to cheat. The court of public opinion seems to have already made their decision, and I think it's fairly consistent between players and fans. Mainly, the only people siding with the Astros are their fans who are in denial that their heroes could be dirty scumbag cheaters. Regardless of what punishments Manfred does or doesn't hand out, the stars of the Houston Astros have peaked. I could be wrong... Tom Brady came back from Deflategate pretty strong. But, still, his image was tarnished forever, as I'm still associating him right now with underinflated footballs and cheating. I think forevermore there will be an association with Altuve and Bregman with hard-core cheating at a level Jose Canseco could've only dreamed of.
I was refuting calling that account a reliable source even if it did happen to predict Beltran's firing, if you really think it is then ok

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:07 am

It is pretty amazing how they destroyed the value of their WS championship. I mean it sounds like fans want more blood, but I don't think it can be anymore destroyed than it is now. Do they even bother wearing their rings? Its never going to be viewed as a legit win. Its up there with the Black Sox. Saw a brief interview of Riddick, wagons circled, can't imagine going into the season with that hanging over them...

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:14 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:07 am
It is pretty amazing how they destroyed the value of their WS championship. I mean it sounds like fans want more blood, but I don't think it can be anymore destroyed than it is now. Do they even bother wearing their rings? Its never going to be viewed as a legit win. Its up there with the Black Sox. Saw a brief interview of Riddick, wagons circled, can't imagine going into the season with that hanging over them...
You are a good man Charlie Brown.
dt