Curse of the Vothman II GT (SEA @ MIN)

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Curse of the Vothman II GT (SEA @ MIN)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 am

How about that Shota Imanaga guy with the Cubs. Anyone know anything about him? Was he considered a top pitcher in Japan because i don't remember hearing anything about him. 5-0 with a 1.o8 ERA and 0.82 WHIP.

Muri

Post by Muri » Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 am
How about that Shota Imanaga guy with the Cubs. Anyone know anything about him? Was he considered a top pitcher in Japan because i don't remember hearing anything about him. 5-0 with a 1.o8 ERA and 0.82 WHIP.
I live in Japan. He was the ace for the team Trevor Bauer went to last year (Yokohama DeNa Baystars). I was hoping they would do well with the two "aces" at the top and made it to the playoffs, but Bauer injured his knee fielding a slow roller and they didn't have enough hitting to make up for the loss. During last season, saw some vids of Bauer talking about learning some stuff off him and talked highly of him while he was his teammate.

He always had great numbers and consistency, but even in Japan he was usually judged for not being big bodied enough and having nothing close to mind-blowing stuff like Ohtani or Roki Sasaki. (Although, he obviously has enough stuff to play anywhere) My Japanese friends and I hoped the M's would go after him, but ah well.

Regardless, it's still early. His numbers will surely level out. But he was always legit here in Japan. And his ability to do it in mlb too is cool to see.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 08, 2024 6:47 am

Mariners win! We're HEROES!!!

The absolute ceiling for the team is 10 runs and the boys reached it tonight. Cal, what a BOMB! Lots of big ABs tonight.

Kepler needs to be dealt with tomorrow. That was bush league what he did when our guy was lying on the ground with what could have been a career-ending injury.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am

Wow, I went to bed when it was 4-2 and my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the final score.

I can't believe this is a controversy. All these jokers saying the umps should have called time when Sauce went down. lol
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am
Wow, I went to bed when it was 4-2 and my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the final score.

I can't believe this is a controversy. All these jokers saying the umps should have called time when Sauce went down. lol
France just looking the other way…
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 am

France just looking the other way…
Yeah saw that. Literally adding insult to injury.
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 2:58 pm

I have no issues that he scored while Sauce was down. Nobody had possession of the ball and it was still in play, I'd expect our guys to do the same thing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2024 3:04 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 2:58 pm
I have no issues that he scored while Sauce was down. Nobody had possession of the ball and it was still in play, I'd expect our guys to do the same thing.
Could you imagine if they blew the whistle every time somebody got injured in football lol so ridiculous that people are upset about this
dt

Walla Walla Dawg II

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Wed May 08, 2024 3:16 pm

It's part of the game.

I also don't have any issues with sending some sweet chin music to Kep for scoring while I guy was down as a reminder of how classless it was.

And why in the hell was France just doddling around counting the flowers?
France sucks!!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed May 08, 2024 3:30 pm

Muri wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 am
I live in Japan. He was the ace for the team Trevor Bauer went to last year (Yokohama DeNa Baystars). I was hoping they would do well with the two "aces" at the top and made it to the playoffs, but Bauer injured his knee fielding a slow roller and they didn't have enough hitting to make up for the loss. During last season, saw some vids of Bauer talking about learning some stuff off him and talked highly of him while he was his teammate.

He always had great numbers and consistency, but even in Japan he was usually judged for not being big bodied enough and having nothing close to mind-blowing stuff like Ohtani or Roki Sasaki. (Although, he obviously has enough stuff to play anywhere) My Japanese friends and I hoped the M's would go after him, but ah well.

Regardless, it's still early. His numbers will surely level out. But he was always legit here in Japan. And his ability to do it in mlb too is cool to see.
Thanks for that info. Are you Japanese or an American living abroad?

Imanaga signed with the Cubs at 4 years $53 mil. Had the Mariners signed him they would have the best rotation in MLB hands down with Woo and Hancock as injury insurance or in the bullpen. Were they even in the running for him?