Kyle Crew vs Matt Attack gamethread A's @ Mariners 8/3/2020

bpj

Re: Kyle Crew vs Matt Attack gamethread A's @ Mariners 8/3/2020

Post by bpj » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:57 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:20 am
Some of you should just stop watching the games until next season. You know whats going to happen. Servais is just a yes man for Dipoto. Dipoto obviously is playing the long game and has decided which guys are ready to have a chance this year, and which he thinks have more development in their camp in Tacoma. The bullpen stinks. Evan White is going to struggle for a bit (Kyle Lewis Struggled after his hot start last year as well). Mariners are going to lose more games than they win. When you realize that its reality, and take away expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is, at least I can.
I say that every year we start with Dave Sims in the booth

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:46 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:10 am
Funny Darren... Drayer refers to a "specific plan"... I wonder what the specific plan for Servais the clown is leading the M's nowhere over the better part of a decade?
She also says they don't want to be reactionary because the dogshit washed up signings suck like literally EVERYONE knew they would. Well guess what, if you had a good plan to begin with you wouldn't have to consider to make "reactionary" decisions to clean up the mess.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:52 am

Petert wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:32 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Some of you should just stop watching the games until next season. You know whats going to happen. Servais is just a yes man for Dipoto. Dipoto obviously is playing the long game and has decided which guys are ready to have a chance this year, and which he thinks have more development in their camp in Tacoma. The bullpen stinks. Evan White is going to struggle for a bit (Kyle Lewis Struggled after his hot start last year as well). Mariners are going to lose more games than they win. When you realize that its reality, and take away expectations, you can enjoy it for what it is, at least I can.
I’m enjoying this season immensely. As I said in a previous post, it’s exciting to watch the team’s future unfold. But I also enjoy roasting horrible performances by the ‘spare parts’ pickups brought in by the front office.
Likewise. I just hate the exasperating irrational inconsistencies. Go with the kids in the rotation and on the field (I have no problem with holding Gilbert back) but let's sign garbage oldies for the pen and keep our 23-27 yo relievers that kicked ass last season in Tacoma to play catch. How is that best for their development. Its just like preaching C the Z and then trading for Healy and Gordon. It's nonsensical.

It makes me question the whole operation.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 am
Petert wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
I’m enjoying this season immensely. As I said in a previous post, it’s exciting to watch the team’s future unfold. But I also enjoy roasting horrible performances by the ‘spare parts’ pickups brought in by the front office.
You can roast them. Shaw sucks balls. Servais had 4 1/3 innings left in the game. Ramirez, Swanson and Miesewicz weren't available (I don't think they are having any relievers pitch back to back). He gave Sheffield a chance to get himself out of a jam, and he didn't. With Graveman, apparently there was an injury and thats why he wasn't left in, and again, he had over 4 innings to cover with the bullpen. He's in a no win situation with this bullpen as shitty as it is. And again, he's really a dipoto yes man. Any ire toward him should be directed toward dipoto.
Yes, I can't stand SS but can't make a pig out of pig crap with this pen. (how's that for a d-train original) :) Guessing they will start bring up the "kids" in the coming weeks and DFAing the clown cars......
dt

gil

Post by gil » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:36 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:55 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:37 am
Petert wrote:

You can roast them. Shaw sucks balls. Servais had 4 1/3 innings left in the game. Ramirez, Swanson and Miesewicz weren't available (I don't think they are having any relievers pitch back to back). He gave Sheffield a chance to get himself out of a jam, and he didn't. With Graveman, apparently there was an injury and thats why he wasn't left in, and again, he had over 4 innings to cover with the bullpen. He's in a no win situation with this bullpen as shitty as it is. And again, he's really a dipoto yes man. Any ire toward him should be directed toward dipoto.
Yes, I can't stand SS but can't make a pig out of pig crap with this pen. (how's that for a d-train original) :) Guessing they will start bring up the "kids" in the coming weeks and DFAing the clown cars......
A guy can have one bad outing right? Oh wait, make it two. Wait again, three disasters in a row for Shaw. And this guy is the second highest paid pitcher on the roster? Un@#$believable. At least we aren't damaging any fragile egos by bringing young guys up too soon. :roll:

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:52 pm

Glad I spent the duration of this game in the air. I guess if anything it's surprising that it took eleven games for the first double-digit loss to happen.