Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Mariners acquire Jorge Polanco from the Twins!!!!!

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:22 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:21 pm
I like the Samad Taylor pickup. If you look at his last two seasons in AAA, he seemed to take a real step forward in 2023. He could be the new Dylan Moore but with a better hit tool.
I like the Taylor acquisition too. A lot more than most. I love adding these types of guys. Maybe one of them can even be able to get a bunt down.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:58 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:43 pm

Some guys are just built like that. My favorite all time baseball player was a fat fuck, but he could motor down to first with the rest of them. Played CF and even robbed a home run in the '91 World Series. Was one of best bad ball hitters in my lifetime, I'm talking about Kirby Puckett, and he could hit! Ty France can hit too. I'm anxious to see him this Spring!
Kirby was listed at 178 lbs about 40 lbs less than me. lol

France could hit before last season but he was obviously out of shape and couldn't hit. Looks great now. Hopefully it works!
He definitely wasn't skinny!
Yeah reminds me of Lazaro Montes still being listed at 210 lbs! His Sister prob weighs more than that! lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:24 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
I like the Samad Taylor pickup. If you look at his last two seasons in AAA, he seemed to take a real step forward in 2023. He could be the new Dylan Moore but with a better hit tool.
And the Royals dumped him for nothing to make room for Adam Frazier...
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:33 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:06 pm
bpj wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 am
desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:37 am

Pessimistic attitude, the line up is as good as we end end the season with and better then day 1 we started and wasted 3 months with. IMO good enough to get to -layoffs. Addition by subtraction with Pollock, Lastella, and Wong gone.
It's just as good as last season!

When we didn't make the playoffs.
Obviously you missed some words,there, better then we started with and as good as the end . 50-32,at end when weak ass player sent packing
They did raise the floor, just didn't raise the outcomes, imo, because the teams ahead of them aren't likely done with their offseasons like we are.

The team is a bit better than we started off last season, but not by much. I don't think they're much better than we ended the season, if at all.

Any and all of these scrubs could fall off the planet next season. Pessimistic? Sure. But we're in Seattle. They're not all going to be ok. Chances are, most won't be.

We lost some good-ish players, added some ok players.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 pm

They definitely need to fix the pen. Trying to replace Campbell and Topa with the giant pile of crap they have brought in isn't going to cut it.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:11 pm
They definitely need to fix the pen. Trying to replace Campbell and Topa with the giant pile of crap they have brought in isn't going to cut it.
We keep saying this every year. And every year they find guys. Gott, Topa, Speier we're nobodies last year. I have a ton of confidence that they will be fine going into this season. Whether that means they identify a need, or already have developed an in-house candidate for the season.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:54 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm
D-train wrote:
We keep saying this every year. And every year they find guys. Gott, Topa, Speier we're nobodies last year. I have a ton of confidence that they will be fine going into this season. Whether that means they identify a need, or already have developed an in-house candidate for the season.
Gott was so good they dumped him mid season. Speier was actually good in 2022. How about Leone, Weaver, Castillo....

Have you heard the phrase "went to the well one too many times?" It exists for a reason....

Have you ever heard of the saying, “They went to the well once too often”? It is a 14th century saying that basically means that one shouldn't repeat a risky action too often or push their luck too far.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:54 pm
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:44 pm
D-train wrote:
Gott was so good they dumped him mid season. Speier was actually good in 2022. How about Leone, Weaver, Castillo....

Have you heard the phrase "went to the well one too many times?" It exists for a reason....

Have you ever heard of the saying, “They went to the well once too often”? It is a 14th century saying that basically means that one shouldn't repeat a risky action too often or push their luck too far.
When I see us come out with a trash bullpen, then we can have that conversation. But as of right now, the last 3 years are about all you could hope for. You've praised Jerry for his bullpen too. It's OK to be a little nervous about the unknown. But Jerry has consistently be finding a way. I'll bet you $100 bucks that the M's bullpen finishes in the Top 10 this year in ERA!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:09 pm

Ha. They were 4th so they would have to fall 7 spots. How about top 5? You should be all over it since you are so confident! :D

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major ... &pagenum=1
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:29 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:09 pm
Ha. They were 4th so they would have to fall 7 spots. How about top 5? You should be all over it since you are so confident! :D

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major ... &pagenum=1
I'd bet the bullpen finishes higher than the offense does!

😂