GT Mariners vs. Yankers 7/8/2021

TraderGary

Re: GT Mariners vs. Yankers 7/8/2021

Post by TraderGary » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:18 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:59 pm
TraderGary wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:49 pm
Sadly, we lost the series against these assholes, but the win today sure felt good for several reasons. Number one, we really needed this one. And number two, what can you say about Gilbert's coming out party. Absolutely dominant today, and the scary thing is he's only going get better with more experience.

Once Dunn gets healthy and replaces Sheff who's an absolute train wreck right now, we have Gilbert, KK, Flexen, Gonzalez, and Dunn. Not a bad 1-5.
If 2 of Hancock, Williamson, Kirby and Campbell work out, then 2022 will be fun. If 3-4 work out, watch out for the Mariners
I agree, as long as they add several pieces to the lineup. And I don't mean warm bodies, I mean legitimate, middle of the lineup type hitters.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:20 pm

TraderGary wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:12 pm
ddraig wrote:
AT Fresno wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:51 pm
BTW, Sheffield is out with a flexor strain and a grade 2 oblique strain.
Which he knew about a week or so ago but didn't want to tell anyone.

By the way, Terry, you are only a few years older than I am and I don't see it happening unless ownership man's up and gives whoever our GM is the money to plug obvious holes. The bean counters need to get out of the baseball side of things!

1B, 3B, DH, and at least one TOR pitcher. I can live with whoever we trot out there on any given day as 2B.
I'm in the same boat as you guys, and I wonder the same thing.

Regarding 1B, France can handle that along with White when he returns.

For 3B, unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to unload Seager unless we pick up the vast majority of his salary. He's been pretty bad, and striking out a ton. I think we're stuck with him till the end of the year, unfortunately.

For DH, I think we can get Cruz for a mid-level prospect. The fans love him, and I think he likes it here also. He would really add a dimension to this lineup that we're currently missing.

I agree that we need to add a TOR pitcher. Don't really have any names to throw out there yet, but I'm sure others here do.

We really need some of these guys to start swinging the bats closer to their norms. The only way we score any runs is on the occasion HR. We need more consistency from pretty much everyone the lineup. The only one showing any consistency with the bat is Crawford.
France at 1B is fine for now and he is pretty good defensively. I bet White is out for the season.

Zero chance of trading Seager due to the poison pill. Totally agree on Cruz. Two month rental shouldn't cost much and such a feel good story it would be.

I don't think we need to add a TOR if we just go back to a five man Gilbert KK, Flex, Marco, Dunn/Kirby/Williamson in 2022.

Trade Mitch for a mlb ready 3B and sign a big time 2B like Semien in the off season and we are good to go.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Semien can play 3B, which means we can wave good bye to the guy who waves at pitches low and outside the strike zone.

And unfortunately I don't see our idiot manager getting rid of the six-man-rotation unless someone holds a gun to his head.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:32 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:27 pm
Semien can play 3B, which means we can wave good bye to the guy who waves at pitches low and outside the strike zone.

And unfortunately I don't see our idiot manager getting rid of the six-man-rotation unless someone holds a gun to his head.
They aren't going to pick up Seager's option. He has about 80 days left in his Mariner career. Guessing it was JD that came up with the 6 man nonsense.
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:32 pm
ddraig wrote:

They aren't going to pick up Seager's option. He has about 80 days left in his Mariner career. Guessing it was JD that came up with the 6 man nonsense.
Jason Churchill wants the M's to pick up Seager's option because it's a "feel good" reward for Seager being so devoted to the M's... that and he doesn't want them spending money on anything cool... ever.

He's always auditioning for Shannon Drayer's role.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:44 pm

Would he have been happy picking up Chone Figgins for another year? Churchill is a flucking idiot! How about we go offer another contract to Griffey? Or perhaps Jose Vidro?
Last edited by ddraig on Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:49 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 pm
D-train wrote:
ddraig wrote:

Jason Churchill wants the M's to pick up Seager's option because it's a "feel good" reward for Seager being so devoted to the M's... that and he doesn't want them spending money on anything cool... ever.

Are you serious? Jesus Christ.
dt

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:54 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:20 pm
TraderGary wrote:
ddraig wrote:

By the way, Terry, you are only a few years older than I am and I don't see it happening unless ownership man's up and gives whoever our GM is the money to plug obvious holes. The bean counters need to get out of the baseball side of things!

1B, 3B, DH, and at least one TOR pitcher. I can live with whoever we trot out there on any given day as 2B.

For 3B, unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to unload Seager unless we pick up the vast majority of his salary. He's been pretty bad, and striking out a ton. I think we're stuck with him till the end of the year, unfortunately.

For DH, I think we can get Cruz for a mid-level prospect. The fans love him, and I think he likes it here also. He would really add a dimension to this lineup that we're currently missing.

I agree that we need to add a TOR pitcher. Don't really have any names to throw out there yet, but I'm sure others here do.

We really need some of these guys to start swinging the bats closer to their norms. The only way we score any runs is on the occasion HR. We need more consistency from pretty much everyone the lineup. The only one showing any consistency with the bat is Crawford.
France at 1B is fine for now and he is pretty good defensively. I bet White is out for the season.

Zero chance of trading Seager due to the poison pill. Totally agree on Cruz. Two month rental shouldn't cost much and such a feel good story it would be.

I don't think we need to add a TOR if we just go back to a five man Gilbert KK, Flex, Marco, Dunn/Kirby/Williamson in 2022.

Trade Mitch for a mlb ready 3B and sign a big time 2B like Semien in the off season and we are good to go.
I like that plan, though I would still like to add a TOR starter as insurance should KK regress back to his previous self, though I'm not sure why that would be the case. But there are always injuries, and you need insurance, and not just some scrub to pencil in at the back of the rotation.

Any 3rd basemen you have in mind? If they do indeed trade Haniger, (which I believe they will), as you said, it needs to be for a major league ready prospect, and not someone that's a couple years away. We have holes that need to be filled TODAY, not two years from now.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:20 pm
TraderGary wrote:
ddraig wrote:

Hard to believe we're that close, but two players could get them there. Three seems like it would make us the belle of the ball.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:59 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:40 pm
D-train wrote:
ddraig wrote:

God, if that's true, then Churchill just lost whatever credibility he had left. That would be unfathomable even for the Mariners!