Tankathon is on!

bpj

Re: Tankathon is on!

Post by bpj » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:01 pm
Bump on this thread. Tank is all but over. One possible drawback of winning so many games, Rangers are full steam ahead in their tank, and within a game of the worst record in MLB. They may very well end up with one of the 2 Vanderbilt pitchers.
At least the Rangers are squandering any talent that comes their way anyways. I expected them to be good the last couple years. What a mess they've become. It's a wonderful thing.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm

The AL West was supposed to be a gauntlet, but the Rangers are a disaster, the Angels can't get off the ground, it's all but over for the Astros, and shortly the A's will once again have to let go of players they can't afford and do their perpetual mini-rebuild (although they and Tampa Bay are really good at it). Too bad we're not a year or two further along.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:43 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm
The AL West was supposed to be a gauntlet, but the Rangers are a disaster, the Angels can't get off the ground, it's all but over for the Astros, and shortly the A's will once again have to let go of players they can't afford and do their perpetual mini-rebuild (although they and Tampa Bay are really good at it). Too bad we're not a year or two further along.
Yeah. Rangers and angels were both supposed to be vying for a playoff spot, and their next 7 games against each other may be a tankoff for Rocker/Leiter. Another forum, there was a guy who is a Rockies fan that mentioned how good the NL West is right now with 4 teams that would be playoff teams. I mentioned that that may be more of a factor of getting to play the AL West teams than anything else.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:05 pm
How is this team winning after trading away their 3rd best hitter (Nola) and #2 starting pitcher? Really annoying. :x
They started winning when they took the black holes of Mallex, Dee and Long out of the lineup on an everyday basis as we said they should.

Can't have that much of your lineup be impotent and win.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:10 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:23 pm
We'd be sitting pretty darn good right now if they had added even just two high quality players in place of what was obvious deadweight going into the season.

There's nothing wrong with how far along this team is, imo. I think that's what we're witnessing now.

They just need to get out of the good players way and stop trying to make guys like Dee and Mallex be success stories when it's not possible.

Hopefully now they will actually try and win next year instead of kicking the can down the road another year unnecessarily.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:13 pm

bpj wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:03 pm
How is this team winning after trading away their 3rd best hitter (Nola) and #2 starting pitcher? Really annoying. :x
They started winning when they took the black holes of Mallex, Dee and Long out of the lineup on an everyday basis as we said they should.

Lopes and Vogie too. At least with those two and Long they had to see what they had. Maalox and especially Gordon never should have been in the starting lineup.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:16 pm

bpj wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:03 pm

Yeah Marmolejos, Ervin, and Odom are tearing it up.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Marm has actually been producing with the bat lately, Odom doesn't really count because he's the backup, and Ervin has played all of two games. Ervin and Torrens need to put a little more time out there before we see if they're an improvement or not.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:32 pm

I haven't been following the games that closely so I don't all the new guys that have been playing instead of Mallex, etc but I doubt they have been adding much to the offense.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:45 pm

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:32 pm
I haven't been following the games that closely so I don't all the new guys that have been playing instead of Mallex, etc but I doubt they have been adding much to the offense.
OPS

France .833
Moore .896
Marm .740
Haggerty .715

Mallex .348

Compared to Mallex those guys are Murderer Row.
dt