Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

D-train

Re: Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:42 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:41 pm
And...since I am incredibly bored today...put this in the "ridiculous academic activity" category.

Sports writer Will Leitch had an article on MLB.com today in which he predicts the next 10 world series champs. He has the M's beating the Cards in 2026.

https://www.mlb.com/news/predicting-wor ... -2023-2032
I bet the M's do not beat the Cards in the 2023 WS.
dt

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:58 pm

desbcoach wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:06 pm
Minor league deal with Colin Moran, few good years at 1B, 3Rd base and OF looks like our Minor league depth for backup
Don't forget the Great White Hope, Evan.

Pharmabro

Post by Pharmabro » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:22 pm

ddraig wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:58 pm
desbcoach wrote:
Minor league deal with Colin Moran, few good years at 1B, 3Rd base and OF looks like our Minor league depth for backup
:roll:

My splash page said M's sign Lefty masher!
I was like,,, who? and then I clicked on the links and just rolled my eyes.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:35 am

ddraig wrote:
desbcoach wrote:
Nobody can pick it quite like Evan at the hot corner. That's never been the question. The question remains how health are those hips? And can he put up enough offense to warrant a roster spot at 1B.

Moran is such an underwhelming signing. Hopefully Tyler Locklear can get here sooner rather than later.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:01 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:35 am
ddraig wrote:
desbcoach wrote:
Nobody can pick it quite like Evan at the hot corner. That's never been the question. The question remains how health are those hips? And can he put up enough offense to warrant a roster spot at 1B.

Moran is such an underwhelming signing. Hopefully Tyler Locklear can get here sooner rather than later.
With Klew it was health, with JK it is his bat, somehow with White it is his Bat AND his Health....and of course he was the the guy that accepted the contract. :roll:
dt

Cascade Kid

Post by Cascade Kid » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:14 am

Big_Maple wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:26 pm
For those of you who care...and are actually following the drama...Carlos Correa is back with the Twins. Six years and $200M.

Pending physical, I am guessing... :?

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1 ... gr%5Etweet
If it falls through maybe the M's can sign him to a time and materials deal.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:16 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:01 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
ddraig wrote:

With Klew it was health, with JK it is his bat, somehow with White it is his Bat AND his Health....and of course he was the the guy that accepted the contract. :roll:
C'mon now. If you were White, wouldn't you have signed the contract?

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:58 am

D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
ddraig wrote:

At least it was only $24M. I can stomach those type of contracts. The KLew thing was a freak of nature, same as Haniger and Guti both constantly getting injured.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:50 pm

ddraig wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:16 am
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

C'mon now. If you were White, wouldn't you have signed the contract?
Absolutely and in about 5 years he will be dining at Apple Bees and his waiter will be JK and at the end of the meal he will pull out a $50 bill for the tip and hand it to JK and say, "Should of taking their offer bro!" :lol:
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:58 am
D-train wrote:
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

At least it was only $24M. I can stomach those type of contracts. The KLew thing was a freak of nature, same as Haniger and Guti both constantly getting injured.
Yes, Klew was a very good draft pick. White was questionable given he was a 1B with D being his best tool. JK was a great prospect to target and I don't blame Jerry a bit for that. I do blame him if he hands JK the LF platoon job on OD.
dt