Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

Donn Beach

Re: Finally! Official Hot Stove League Thread

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:49 pm

What we are talking about is paying him $200 mil over six seasons , making it six seasons is supposed to mitigate that risk, they are saying the tax cost was too steep

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:08 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:49 pm
What we are talking about is paying him $200 mil over six seasons , making it six seasons is supposed to mitigate that risk, they are saying the tax cost was too steep
Have a link? Don't doubt you just would like to read it and don't feel like searching.
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:34 pm

Apparently they've signed Mike Ford to a minor league deal. Honestly, this is one that I wish I wouldn't find out about until spring training. Nothing against the guy personally, and I know its a minor league deal, but it's just kind of disheartening to see this sort of signing. This is the worst part of the offseason, the weeks before spring training when nothing is happening except these minor league deals.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:14 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:34 pm
Apparently they've signed Mike Ford to a minor league deal. Honestly, this is one that I wish I wouldn't find out about until spring training. Nothing against the guy personally, and I know its a minor league deal, but it's just kind of disheartening to see this sort of signing. This is the worst part of the offseason, the weeks before spring training when nothing is happening except these minor league deals.
Probably just because he is Harry and Walter's Dad and they are hoping for another Griffey type Father son deal in a few years.
dt

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:31 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
I drive a Ford; M's just cornering the Ford market. We've got Mike Ford, Harry Ford, Walter Ford. Need to sign Chevy Chase, I guess, too.

Isn't this the 3rd, 4th or 5th time we've signed Mike Ford? What's the attraction?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:52 pm

M’s and Teoscar heading to an arb hearing… has to be over a few hundred thousand…

Fucking Christ cheapest organization that pretends they’re a contender.

desbcoach

Post by desbcoach » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:28 pm
desbcoach wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:01 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:31 pm
Where you getting $7 mil? He be paying $63 mil a season on a $33 mil contract
He was going to pay 56 million on the 11/315 contract so 63 million on 6/200 contract is a 7 million difference 😀Higher math🤣
Thanks. I didn't think it was nuclear physics.....lol
Nuclear physics is up my alley, actually spent 26 years doing that🤣🤣

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:05 pm

Sounds like they're giving money to some of the vets...keep em' happy!

https://twitter.com/Feinsand/status/161 ... e-mariners

https://marinersblog.mlblogs.com/marine ... 216337dddd

Mariners have not agreed to terms with 3 arbitration eligible players: Diego Castillo (RHP), Teoscar Hernández (OF) and Dylan Moore (INF/OF).
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:18 pm

rockycola wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:31 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
I drive a Ford; M's just cornering the Ford market. We've got Mike Ford, Harry Ford, Walter Ford. Need to sign Chevy Chase, I guess, too.

Isn't this the 3rd, 4th or 5th time we've signed Mike Ford? What's the attraction?
Nepotism
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:19 pm

Ford is actually a huge name in American history.

Henry, Gerald, Glenn, Mike, Harry, Walter.
dt