Nola traded to the Padres

Gametime

Re: Nola traded to the Padres

Post by Gametime » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:22 am

On Lewis I meant no real impact outside him with power. Lewis is an impact bat. We just have many real impact bats in the minors. And power impact bats are next to none. Jared isn’t a power impact bat. Really Good hitter, not power impact. We will see.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:24 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:14 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:09 pm
If, over the last two years, this team had acquired three solid players instead of letting it ride on bums, they could have been competitive THIS season.

They keep punting it down the road, but as soon as they stop handing out positions to undeserving players they can make a run at winning.

2 key acquisitions going into 2021 and there's zero reason this team couldn't battle for a Wild Card, imo.

Swap out Bishop/Mallex/Dee/Long for actual quality players and this team doesn't suck.

They didn't have to suck this season. I remember saying as much.
1. Get a couple quality FAs.
2. Don't let our best relievers rot in Tacoma and don't sign garbage like Shaw.
3. Dump Mallex and Dee and Vogey before the season starts
4. Let white get his feet wet last season like we did with Lewis

Then we EASILY have 4 more wins and are 19-18 and are in the thick of the WC hunt. All that would have cost us maybe $20M.
Could not agree more.

And aside from Vogey showing up +40 pounds everything was predictable (predicted even).

They could have shown these young players how to play to win and done it without blocking anyone.

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 am

Gametime wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:22 am
On Lewis I meant no real impact outside him with power. Lewis is an impact bat. We just have many real impact bats in the minors. And power impact bats are next to none. Jared isn’t a power impact bat. Really Good hitter, not power impact. We will see.
I think Kelenic and Rodriguez will bring power. Bring those guys and Trammell along to supplement the young guys and there's no reason not to try and go for it in 2021 even without going after anybody else.

C: Martin/New Guy
1B: White
2B: Moore
3B: Seager
SS: Crawford
DH: French
LF: Kelenic
CF: Lewis
RF: Haniger

Haniger, Seager and Martin could bring decent returns next season also.

Despite some weird things Dipoto has done- like punt the season- he's put together an impressive core going forward. This team will be no joke going into 2021 imo.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:50 am

bpj wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:31 am
Gametime wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:22 am
I think Kelenic and Rodriguez will bring power. Bring those guys and Trammell along to supplement the young guys and there's no reason not to try and go for it in 2021 even without going after anybody else.

C: Martin/New Guy
1B: White
2B: Moore
3B: Seager
SS: Crawford
DH: French
LF: Kelenic
CF: Lewis
RF: Haniger

Haniger, Seager and Martin could bring decent returns next season also.

Despite some weird things Dipoto has done- like punt the season- he's put together an impressive core going forward. This team will be no joke going into 2021 imo.
Just making sure I didn't miss another trade or signing:

Did you mean:

C: Tom/Murphy/Luis Torrens instead of Martin/new guy?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

bpj

Post by bpj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 am

Yes thank you