TLO Idaho

Re: Can LaPiedra be brave 4-30 gamethread

Post by TLO Idaho » Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 am

seth8734 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 am
Millikin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:58 am
Nice win!

Braves don't look so tough against Mariners pitching!
I see them Feasting Hancock he doesn't have the stuff to shut down this offense. I will be shocked if he pitches well.
I Hope you have to choke on those words tomorrow.

seth8734

Post by seth8734 » Wed May 01, 2024 6:54 am

TLO Idaho wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 6:30 am
seth8734 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 am
Millikin wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 3:58 am
Nice win!

Braves don't look so tough against Mariners pitching!
I see them Feasting Hancock he doesn't have the stuff to shut down this offense. I will be shocked if he pitches well.
I Hope you have to choke on those words tomorrow.
I can't wait I absolutely hope so. Just seems very hittable. I hope he makes me eat crow so badly.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed May 01, 2024 10:43 am

Abreu allowing himself to be optioned to the minors
"Jose Abreu is an outstanding human being," Brown said. "He is unselfish, and he's a teammate's guy, and he wants to get himself back to what he was doing last fall. And so, in the midst of this conversation, you could see that this guy is passionate and determined to get back to helping his team.

"And so he unselfishly was on board with an agreement with going back to West Palm Beach and getting some extra bats, getting some detailed instruction on what we could do to get him back," Brown continued.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:30 am
Our pitching has been other-worldly! The fact that we have held the Braves offense to ONLY 4 runs in 2 games is INSANE!!! Do you see the OPS's for that entire lineup top to bottom? Give our guys a little bit of credit.

We have a Top 5 bullpen and just won the series in the first 2 games against these guys. Voth and Miller were brilliant last night. Stanek and Munoz have 2.60-ish ERA'S which is decent for back end relievers. I blame the offense more than anything for the close games. This ballpark is cursed towards our hitters, I swear! Nobody who we bring over(-Nellie) it does NOT matter. The 2-3-4-5:hitters need to do better. It's nice to get another series win, but we are nowhere near firing on all cylinders!

Props to Rojas getting on base all 4 times tonight to set up the heart of the order. Josh is in a zone! He's been worth the Geno trade all by himself.
How did you come up with 4 runs for the Braves? Did I miss one? lol
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Our pitching has been other-worldly! The fact that we have held the Braves offense to ONLY 4 runs in 2 games is INSANE!!! Do you see the OPS's for that entire lineup top to bottom? Give our guys a little bit of credit.

We have a Top 5 bullpen and just won the series in the first 2 games against these guys. Voth and Miller were brilliant last night. Stanek and Munoz have 2.60-ish ERA'S which is decent for back end relievers. I blame the offense more than anything for the close games. This ballpark is cursed towards our hitters, I swear! Nobody who we bring over(-Nellie) it does NOT matter. The 2-3-4-5:hitters need to do better. It's nice to get another series win, but we are nowhere near firing on all cylinders!

Props to Rojas getting on base all 4 times tonight to set up the heart of the order. Josh is in a zone! He's been worth the Geno trade all by himself.
We traded Sewald for Rojas....We traded Geno for Seby and Vargas. Damn I might have to charge you a fact checker fee. LOL
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

We traded Sewald for Rojas....We traded Geno for Seby and Vargas. Damn I might have to charge you a fact checker fee. LOL
I think he means Rojas playing 3B is worth freeing up the spot for Rojas. Rojas at 2B and Geno at 3B would be better, and they keep the assets they traded for Polonco. Hopefully Polonco turns it around though
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:47 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

I think he means Rojas playing 3B is worth freeing up the spot for Rojas. Rojas at 2B and Geno at 3B would be better, and they keep the assets they traded for Polonco. Hopefully Polonco turns it around though
Your analysis is correct. It is Polanco vs. Geno currently -0.1 bWAR vs. 0.2 bWAR. Ironically Geno's OBP isn't bad but he has had a power outage as well with only 2 HRs.

As Ben pointed out G2 is heating up big time.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Wed May 01, 2024 7:02 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:

How did you come up with 4 runs for the Braves? Did I miss one? lol
Sorry, 3! I was one wine bottle in when I posted! :lol:

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sat May 04, 2024 3:31 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:20 pm

LOL! I may not be #1. But I am likely in the top 10.

Dude is batting .303 with 11 strikeouts!

Jerry: "we need to control the zone"

Me: "trade for Arraez."
Well, somebody read this post. But it was the Padres and not the Mariners.

He’s likely to spend most of his time as DH which maddens me. Arraez was available, so could have acquired him for the asking cost, and we would have had a decent DH for once since Nellie left.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/05/ ... rraez.html

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 04, 2024 3:50 pm

Wow, thats certainly an early season trade. Can anybody remember a May trade being made before? I doubt he was shopped around, like jack z getting cliff Lee. I bet it was just those two GMs talking.

He could dh for the Padres because their infield is stacked. The mariners could find room for hm in their infield

Interesting the Padres made the trade, they seem more in need of pitching. They doubled down on their hitting