Former Mariners tracker

D-train

Re: Former Mariners tracker

Post by D-train » Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 pm

Millikin wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:29 am
Kelenic now ahead of Julio in homeruns
Not really surprising that the bums Jerry brought in all bombed other than Raley but Julio with only 2 HRs as we begin Memorial day weekend has to be one of the Biggest buzzkills in Mariner history. I mean What in the absolute FUCK happened to the guy????
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri May 24, 2024 2:29 pm

Julio is a "head case" in my opinion. He either isn't listening to the coaches (too stubborn or arrogant) or is getting bad advice with regard to his approach at the plate and is content to follow it when it clearly isn't working (lack of drive or self awareness). He needs to change what he's doing or his career could end up fizzling out before he hits 27.

acctingman

Post by acctingman » Fri May 24, 2024 8:40 pm

When do we get to call Juilo a bust? Sadly, maybe joyfully cause fuck this ownership group, I'm looking forward to calling Julio a bust.

So sick of all the failures of this org. I'm sure Julio is an outstanding young man, but yea, fuck this organization.

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Fri May 24, 2024 9:31 pm

acctingman wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:40 pm
When do we get to call Juilo a bust? Sadly, maybe joyfully cause fuck this ownership group, I'm looking forward to calling Julio a bust.

So sick of all the failures of this org. I'm sure Julio is an outstanding young man, but yea, fuck this organization.
If - and I am totally spitballing here - if the M’s decided to trade Julio, could they get enough for him to instantly put us in contention?

They’d never do it, but since some here seem to be done with him, what do you think would happen if the M’s decided to rebuild their rebuild by getting a haul for Julio?

He’s too young, and the M’s have too much invested to cash out, but holy shit if they did we might actually have our offensive holes plugged with a retooled farm to boot.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 24, 2024 10:40 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 9:31 pm
acctingman wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 8:40 pm

If - and I am totally spitballing here - if the M’s decided to trade Julio, could they get enough for him to instantly put us in contention?

They’d never do it, but since some here seem to be done with him, what do you think would happen if the M’s decided to rebuild their rebuild by getting a haul for Julio?

He’s too young, and the M’s have too much invested to cash out, but holy shit if they did we might actually have our offensive holes plugged with a retooled farm to boot.
Selling low now and the fanbase would burn T Mobile now. Trade after he gets hot and hits 10 fingers in a month and fanbase would cut Stanton and Jerry's Ball off and burn them in Pioneer Square.
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Fri May 24, 2024 11:24 pm

Selling low now and the fanbase would burn T Mobile now. Trade after he gets hot and hits 10 fingers in a month and fanbase would cut Stanton and Jerry's Ball off and burn them in Pioneer Square.
Well, yes. But, this also happened: young, face of the franchise Juan Soto gets traded to the San Diego Padres. And he didn’t want to be traded.

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/y ... great-team

The contract situation was no doubt different with Soto, but the fact is, no one is untradeable.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri May 24, 2024 11:27 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:24 pm
Well, yes. But, this also happened: young, face of the franchise Juan Soto gets traded to the San Diego Padres. And he didn’t want to be traded.

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/y ... great-team

The contract situation was no doubt different with Soto, but the fact is, no one is untradeable.
Julio is untouchable. Pointless to suggest otherwise.
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Fri May 24, 2024 11:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:27 pm
]

Julio is untouchable. Pointless to suggest otherwise.
Which is why I led with “I’m spitballing” and then added 2 more caveats that it won’t happen.

My post was more around speculating what the Mariners could get in return for him, and how much this would change the team and its current run for contention. The Juan Soto, trade by the nationals is sort of a template of what I think would happen if the Mariners traded Julio.

But it’s totally fine if this isn’t the kind of speculation you’re interested in. There’s just been a lot of talk about how awful Julio has been and how fed up people are with him lately.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat May 25, 2024 10:23 am

D-train wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 pm
Millikin wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:29 am
Kelenic now ahead of Julio in homeruns
Not really surprising that the bums Jerry brought in all bombed other than Raley but Julio with only 2 HRs as we begin Memorial day weekend has to be one of the Biggest buzzkills in Mariner history. I mean What in the absolute FUCK happened to the guy????
Posted an article the other day, i think everybody has me blocked. Its a timing issue, not that difficult to fix, same thing as Judge earlier this season. Ill go find it

He is on pace for just 51 hits and three home runs to the pull side. What’s going on? Rodríguez has not been able to stay behind pitches and pull them in the air as he did the past two years. So, while he is still hitting the ball hard, he’s not catching the ball out front and with his head behind the ball enough to drive it out of the park to the pull side.

The good news for Seattle is that this is not so much a swing issue as it is a timing issue, like what bedeviled Aaron Judge early in the season—and look how Judge is obliterating baseballs again now that his timing has improved.

To improve his timing, Rodríguez has incorporated new pregame hitting drills to his routine to stay behind the ball. The results are—slowly—starting to show. Rodríguez’s expected slugging increased from .368 in April to .477 in May, which is about what it was last season (.475). He appears very close to going on a tear.

“The biggest thing with Julio has just been timing,” Seattle manager Scott Servais says. “And we talk about that and that means different things for different players, but when he starts crashing or rushing forward, he's still hitting the ball hard but he's not really staying behind the ball.

“And that's where the home runs come from: when you stay behind it and can really leverage your power. It’s been better the last eight to 10 games. I think he's in a better mindset right now than maybe he was early in the year.”
https://www.si.com/mlb/julio-rodriguez- ... s-mariners

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Sun May 26, 2024 10:54 pm

So Acuna leaves with a knee injury today. Kelenic steps in and steps up - he had 3 hits and 3 runs, and raised his BA to .265

Good for him.