Playoff thread
Re: Playoff thread
It's baseball if the rules say it's baseball. The regular season is a marathon. Nobody wants to watch 19 innings of two teams that can't score.
Re: Playoff thread
Agreed.HawkandMariner88 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 01, 2026 1:38 amThats not baseball guys. Why are we playing by schoolyard rule.
I guess I’m old-fashioned, but when I was a kid, we sun-worshiping guys wanted to stay away from home as long as possible.
Couldn’t get enough doubleheaders, the longer the games, the more the excitement.
Re: Playoff thread
If you’re all about faster games, it’s this damn 13 man pitching staff, with five pitchers pitching a shut out, that lengthens Every game.
I remember all those games Greg Maddox and others pitched, complete ones, 85 pitches, in less than 2 hours.
Last edited by Hy Feiber on Thu Oct 01, 2026 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sibelius Hindemith
- Posts: 16647
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
- Location: Seattle
Re: Playoff thread
You couldn't pay me enough to sit through an extra inning game like that one against Houston 3 years ago.