5-20-19 M's-Rangers It's just a Minor-Leake Game Thread

Logainismyhero

Re: 5-20-19 M's-Rangers It's just a Minor-Leake Game Thread

Post by Logainismyhero » Tue May 21, 2019 3:05 am

bpj wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:35 am
Looks like I may have been overshooting the talent in our rotation when I said we had two 2's, one #4 and two #6's.

Turns out we probably have two #2's and the rest are not MLB caliber SP's at all.

Leake and Leblanc were cute success stories while they worked, but it was never going to be a very far fall, we all knew that.
The M's have 2 #2's?????

Tonyrutabega

Post by Tonyrutabega » Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 am

Nice to see them put up a fight.

Mallex, I just don’t see a major league hitter in him.

Logainismyhero

Post by Logainismyhero » Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 am

Last place!!!

Mallex needs to be released

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:38 am

Congrats to the Mariners, the first team in the history of MLB to win at least 13 of their first 15 games and end up in last place by the 50-game mark. Nobody else has ever even come remotely close to pulling this off.

On the bright side, it was nice to see the team put up a fight tonight and who knows what happens if Gordon doesn't just stand there in his last at-bat.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 am

Logainismyhero wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:05 am
bpj wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:35 am
Looks like I may have been overshooting the talent in our rotation when I said we had two 2's, one #4 and two #6's.

Turns out we probably have two #2's and the rest are not MLB caliber SP's at all.

Leake and Leblanc were cute success stories while they worked, but it was never going to be a very far fall, we all knew that.
The M's have 2 #2's?????
Kikuchi is maybe a #2 on his best day, more likely a #3-4 regularly. Marco is definitely NOT a #2 on a real team. Guys on here still think Leake is a #3 & LeBlanc a #3-4.

If they had two real #2's & a #3, they wouldn't have lost like 25 of the last 35 games.

I see Leake got his ass kicked again. Big surprise. Who's next in this feared rotation?

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 am

Kikuchi is a 3, Marco is a 4 we will need to fill out the top two slots when we are ready to compete but that will be tricky. I really hope Gilbert develops in to a 2 slot pitcher but we shall see.

Greatest M's Fan

Post by Greatest M's Fan » Tue May 21, 2019 10:18 am

Dr Naysay wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:06 am
Kikuchi is a 3, Marco is a 4 we will need to fill out the top two slots when we are ready to compete but that will be tricky. I really hope Gilbert develops in to a 2 slot pitcher but we shall see.
That's a lot of balls calling Marco a 4th starter on this forum. Even though that's probably a correct assessment, the forum Tough Guy is probably pissed.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm

You absolutely must win against the mediocre teams in the division and with the light of day our rotation is exposed for the lack of top tier quality. It’s time to throw the dynamite into the gears of this mess and take whatever true time it takes and do a complete rebuild. It’s unfortunate that Mitch’s value has fallen. There are few options at this point. Sure we can hang with the losers like we have for 18 yrs. Reimagining that our team is a year or two away from contention takes more than imagination, more likely takes LSD and a complete lapse of clarity. Maybe Ownership can’t handle a full rebuild, How about the small band of Mariner fisfits that haunt this place, How about give us a bone and actually reset the trajectory to a time line that allows talent to be accumulated and baked into a real timeline.

One can hope.......This clusterfuck can’t win against anything resembling quality

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 pm

This season was always going to be a cluster and the start the M's had was lipstick on a pig and I hope not too many people puckered up.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Leake is a #4. He will have a bad game every 5 games, and a good game every 5 games. The other 3 games he'll give you 6 innings and 3-4 runs (if you don't have the worst defense in baseball behind him). Gonzales is probably a #3. Kikuchi is probably turning into a #2. We'll see how leblanc is this year. Not going to make too much of his first game back off the DL. All the pitchers look worse because of the defense.

Last night in the first inning alone, Santana makes an error that puts a guy at 2B, Haniger comes in lazily on the base hit and throws to 2B rather than try to keep him at 3B. Healy gloves the double play ball, but double clutches to throw to 2B so there isn't enough time to get the throw, which ended up about 10 feet over Leake's head.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez